Punk

who /punk/ here, or are you all faggots who think it's not cool enough. come in and post/discuss all types of punk. here's some early "powerviolence" to start us off

youtube.com/watch?v=7BF5yyC9mNs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=63NHZ0TaUqU
youtube.com/watch?v=lA-_91Q86Jo
youtube.com/watch?v=K_v0UflF6Qc
youtube.com/watch?v=bwrJtbEKwJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=xaHhRDKVCPM
vimeo.com/13664365
youtube.com/watch?v=u-F9EWd8VrE
youtube.com/watch?v=LvhcQblU0Hc
youtube.com/watch?v=uR4-Q4w6WBw
youtube.com/watch?v=EV64HZEKKnU
youtube.com/watch?v=6WXKKQZYfjw
youtube.com/watch?v=QkcPat_PN00
cloaca.bandcamp.com
youtube.com/watch?v=zDERX0yf3AU
pisswalker.bandcamp.com
youtube.com/watch?v=W_L7dLDhmXc
youtube.com/watch?v=34bxkqigENQ
goolagoonhc.bandcamp.com/album/patrickviolence-demo
youtube.com/watch?v=yhmctlRdGOo
youtube.com/watch?v=WAjopmaTD10
youtube.com/watch?v=L7JyQP92iMY
youtube.com/watch?v=5pXTSCh2dl0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bless you OP.

Here's some SJW oi!/street punk
youtube.com/watch?v=63NHZ0TaUqU

And some anarcho-garage-punk from last year
youtube.com/watch?v=lA-_91Q86Jo

youtube.com/watch?v=K_v0UflF6Qc

ayyee my man, i dig this. welcome friendo! kinda sounds like exit order!

youtube.com/watch?v=bwrJtbEKwJ4 what are your preferred genres? I love oldschool first wave hardcore, new york hardcore, dbeat and i'm recently getting more into oi(both normal and nazi) how's the scene in your city?

I love Exit Order dude! Like NYHC, Oi!, UK82/street, d-beat, some crust, 70s punk, early post-punk and early new wave. I think there's a scene where I am but I'm a huge introvert so I haven't gone to a show yet. Will hopefully get the courage too eventually.

youtube.com/watch?v=xaHhRDKVCPM

right now is a lot of anti cimex

Hell yeah dude. Whats your favorite release by them?

This is the last hhard core band I was in, like 7-8 years ago, if anyone cares.

vimeo.com/13664365

mmm, to pick one release is too much for me, although i love the songs rose, warmachine, when the innocent die and daughters of pride, scandinavian jaw breaker is also so great! i like all there work

Ayye I like all of those except not really into 70s punk because it was still too "rock n roll" for me, too much interest in the people than the music imo. I used to be the same, but then I went to a show by myself and realized no one really gives a shit about who you are and who you're with. Granted, I go with friends now, but I'll still go to shows by myself and have loads of fun, you just gotta fuckin' do it man!

youtube.com/watch?v=u-F9EWd8VrE this band is pretty good, i don't think they're together anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=LvhcQblU0Hc here's a pretty new nyhc band that i've been listening to a lot recently, they've only played two shows and I missed one

lmao ain't that picture the truth, i hate being around normies who aren't into punk. punk really is the only genre i like these days and everything else feels like it lacks the energy and passion

youtube.com/watch?v=uR4-Q4w6WBw

Same. I got into punk through metal but now I have a hard time listening to pure metal. I still love classics like Sabbath and Motorhead and Maiden but metal just isn't as intense as punk to me.

Classic 77 Brit punk coming through

reminds me of a few bands i've seen live, although I can't remember their names right now, I like it though! how long were you guys a band before you stopped?

This is one of my fav NYHC-esque releases from recently. Kinda like the Cro-Mags or Agnostic Front with BM influences, and all the lyrics are in Greek. youtube.com/watch?v=EV64HZEKKnU

I was only with them for a year, I didn't get along with one member and so I was sort of replaced. They toured and recorded without me later, maybe they were around for another two years.

Reminder that Siouxsie Sioux invented Oi! youtube.com/watch?v=6WXKKQZYfjw

yeah exactly, and I feel like metal is too gimmicky to me now. I'll listen to doom, sludge, death and black metal sometimes but I just find metal fans to be tremendous faggots who are either into "shock value" or are yuppies wearing metal kid clothing

don't know much about early 70s punk except for Sex Pistols, Germs, Ramones etc, care to post a video?

i also fell that way but now im very much turned on to like NWOBHM, speed metal, trad and power metals, really hits the spot for me

BABYLON'S BURNING.........

Yeah same. When I do put on metal these days its usually one of those styles. Doom and stoner other than Sabbath sound like shit to me though.

There aren't any.
Google them.

kinda sounds like a band whose name I forgot, it's cool but a little too metal-tinged for my taste.

youtube.com/watch?v=QkcPat_PN00 how do you feel about this band?

Another classic Britpunk band coming through...

i do not like stoner or doom, but, certain black sabbath, candlemass and this guy i found paul chain from a dutch friend is really cool!

I feel like I've heard their name before, if they're still a band I wouldn't be surprised if I saw them once at a local show

Album of the week, every week!

Nice! I think oi! was already a thing by then, or had just started around that time so I'm not too surprised

hoooweee this is some real old school shit, i like it though! not something i'd listen to often but it's good to know where punk roots go

Apparently they all hate each other now. They are scattered across Canada and the US. The singer started a band called Mace in Chicago for a while and the guitarist plays with Cloaca in Vancouver:

cloaca.bandcamp.com

algy ward is so awesome in everything he does

Glue is good.
youtube.com/watch?v=zDERX0yf3AU

I prefer their new one. The vocals are much better and I like how noisey it is.

I've heard of Mace before, I think I've listened to them a few times without knowing it, but I'll definitely check out Cloaca!

Glue is sick, I've seen them three times already. They were one of the first punk shows I went to. They played here about a month or so ago, great as usual except I don't know many of their newer songs. You like Strutter?

Are there any albums that sound similar to this at all? Its my favorite Siouxsie album. Not quite '77 punk, not quite post-punk, not quite goth. Its very unique.

Do you like The Mob? Less gothy but kind of "sad" at the same time.

>You like Strutter
I'll check it out. Glue played at a friend's house in Omaha and after checking out that demo I was very upset I missed it. Here's another band some homies were in.
pisswalker.bandcamp.com

What was /punk/'s 2017 aoty? Mine was pic related

The Chats make such good Pink Flag worship. I'm happy they're becoming youtubecore, might be good for the scene in general.

Strutter is/was big in the Austin scene right alongside Glue, and I'm about to listen to that shit boi! What are some of your other favorite bands?

youtube.com/watch?v=W_L7dLDhmXc I listened to Protester before this one, but they didn't really strike me as good until this album came out, I listen to it almost every day

The DC scene kicks ass right now. I miss Pure Disgust though they were my favorite.

Man I'm glad I got to see them live, although no one really danced to them which sucked pretty hard because I love me a good pit. Have some old school DC hardcore my friend

youtube.com/watch?v=34bxkqigENQ

I've going through some recent powerviolence releases. I'm a metal guy usually so I generally dig faster hardcore influenced by Bad Brains and Minor Threat. Here is some SpongeBob core.
goolagoonhc.bandcamp.com/album/patrickviolence-demo

Buzzcocks is the only pop punk I ever was able to get into. Any pop punk bands like them?

youtube.com/watch?v=yhmctlRdGOo

Lmao I can't vibe with joke bands I left that stuff behind years ago, but Spazz will always kick ass and take names in my book. You ever listen to any of the BBLLLLLLEEAARRGH records? also have some PV

youtube.com/watch?v=WAjopmaTD10

That sounds just like The Bonaduces, old 90s band from Winnipeg, except they also had songs that were melodic like that with the same kind of riffs but 3x the speed.

Goolagoon are actually pretty good, I'm pretty the SpongeBob only comes into play with the samples and cover. Barge is pretty good so far.
youtube.com/watch?v=L7JyQP92iMY

youtube.com/watch?v=5pXTSCh2dl0