Slow weekend edition....

NASCAR series-
(Note: Trucks are not racing this week)

-CUP
>What: Federated Auto Parts 400
>When: Sat 9 Sep 1930 EST
>Where: Richmond Raceway
>Broadcaster: NBCSN
400 laps for 300 miles of short track racing. This is the LAST race of the "official" season. Drivers without a victory will either need to win the race or earn enough
points to be in the top 16 to earn a spot in the chase.

-Xfinity
>What: Virginia 529 College Savings 250
>When: Fri 8 Sep 1930 EST
>Where: Richmond Raceway
>Broadcaster: NBCSN
250 laps for 187 miles of short track racing. This race will also end the regular season for the Xfinity drivers, and with
only a handful of drivers with victories, the competition is going to be tight.

-IndyCar series: Off till 17 Sep for the final race.
-F1 series: Off till 17 Sep at Singapore
-IMSA series: Off till 21 Sep at Laguna Seca
-WRC series: Spanish leg is currently ongoing till Fri 8 Sep
-SuperCars series: Off till 15 Sep at Sandown raceway

Fuck ALL you faggots edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/143930-pruett-a-chance-a-hope-and-a-future
youtube.com/watch?v=7D1AHfwUFGM
threadsquad.com/view/9331038/mike-harmon-driver-nascar-fan-special-t-shirt
motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-raises-penalty-for-rear-suspension-violations-950866/
youtube.com/channel/UC9Io3jmOe4MvU7gFRikb16A
youtube.com/watch?v=eD0hLeyxC48
youtube.com/watch?v=67rEoOuvG0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=M9L0gb3xij8
youtube.com/watch?v=ftYfEXt0qmI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Requesting the photo of Mike Harmon posing with a trashy redneck model in front of his Xfinity car. Pic related, its the car and model but not the pic I'm after.

>Ian Dawson is set to return to the IMSA paddock, having announced Thursday the formation of Dawson Racing and plans to field a LMP2 car in the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship beginning next year.

>Dawson and his son, Simon, formerly of Risi Competizione, have secured sponsorship from Hasbro for the newly named D3+Transformers Racing Team.

>The popular Transformers franchise will serve as primary sponsor for the team’s three-year program in IMSA’s top prototype class. Drivers and its car choice have yet to be announced.

we lmp2 transformer now bois

>Ives gets suspended
>Dale Jr has top 5 speed right off the truck

>indy is almost over
and back to having nothing to look forward to on the weekends :')

this desu. i wish i was football fan

racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/143930-pruett-a-chance-a-hope-and-a-future
>Take it from Brazil's Victor Franzoni, the kid who just won the Pro Mazda championship, who summed up the MRTI's value in 18 eloquent words: "Mazda is not just giving the prize money in the Mazda Road to Indy, they are giving hope."
>The 21-year-old Sao Paulo product is following in the footsteps of countryman Tony Kanaan, who chased similar opportunities with empty pockets before Franzoni was born. Working 60-70 hours a week as a race car mechanic, Franzoni's busy life outside his Juncos Racing Pro Mazda chassis was dedicated to earning the income required to pay for Cooper tires and entry fees to vie for the title.
>With his father at his side, the two spent the season perfecting the art of finding the cheapest hotels, where they shared a single room, and ate at the least expensive restaurants. Unburdened by wealth, Franzoni channeled his inner Kanaan, who slept on shop floors and lived below the poverty line while trying to move up the open-wheel ladder, and was duly rewarded last weekend for demonstrating his immense natural talent.

Cool story. I wish I had a dad who would travel broke with me like that to chase a lofty dream. Hope he does well

What are the biggest events left in the year? I am looking forward to Petit Le Mans, but other than that I can't think of anything.

Erik Jones seems to be the favorite, but a Dale Jr win to just about make the chase would probably make NASCAR's rating soar.

>Nippon and Asia let the general die twice this week

I am disappoint

How bad are the playoff ratings gonna be with jr being hopeless?

It was around this time last year that Hendrick found speed. Hopefully they can do it again cuz if not it'll be a JGR driver winning it all.

Is Jr gonna be replacing Jeff Burton or are they just gonna have a 4 man crew?

well theres petit, the death rattle of lmp1 and homestead just off the top of my head

>Homestead gets damaged by Irma
>ISC has the contractual right to hold the final race and announces the final will be in Daytona
How would you feel, Sup Forums?

>cadillac wins lol
>whoever has the favorable BOP in gt lemans wins lol
gtd should be ok

Indycar finale at Sonoma next weekend, any one of like 6 guys could potentially take the championship

[spoiler]its gonna be dicks on though[/spoiler]

hopefully he replaces kyle

jimmie and chad are going to cheat and meme their way to e8ght.

He won Pro Mazda Championship, he is on to Indy Lights now.

The difference between this kid and Tony though, is that Tony didn't have a father, he passed away while Kanaan was in Italy living out of the team's garage. Any of Tony's money he made was sent to his mother and younger siblings

>based handegg spam killed the last shitty thread
>another shitty one takes its place
Make a proper OP or don't make one at all retard

In addition to the dumb shit in the OP, there's ARCA at Salem, Super Formula at Autopolis, and DTM at Nurburgring

>Nürburgring 24 Hours Organisers Publish Race Dates Through To 2023
>But 2022 will see clash with Le Mans 24 Hours

who thought this was a good idea

Toyota defense force is out in full at Richmond today

richmond is a toyota shill track with toyota shill shitty races.

#letsgoplaces

Thank you user.

>Considering the current enthusiasm for LM P2, worldwide, it could be that this 50th win is far from being the last one… Actually, is there already an ORECA 09 LM P2 somewhere in the back of your mind?

>“An ORECA 11. The ORECA 09 will be for another project…

Also incidentally the 07 is faster than the 908 they ran.
>b-but the class name has a 2 on the end

Xfinity quals on NBCSN rn

Where can I get that shirt?
I'd wear it

>Dale Jr
>win

Choose one.

The fans would, indeed, shit themselves though.

I'd like to see Jimmie again.

Just for the butthurt it would case, and the fact that it's something that's never been done.

Found it
Ordering it
Wearing it the next time I go to a race

>last regular season Xfinity race
>cup drivers win it

Kryle on the Xfinity pole
Xfinity regulars are going to learn so much by following him all night

>KWL
into the trash it goes

jimmy spencer talked about it in 2010
youtube.com/watch?v=7D1AHfwUFGM
the "HURRR GIMMIE IS A CHEATER" meme died a few years ago
last regular season Xfinity race is chicago

>SPEED
>Steve Byrnes
>Jimmy Spencer
>Classic Race Hub set
>Actually discussing NASCAR ratings on RaceHub instead of an hour of pro-NASCAR fluff

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

Post a link faggit

>last regular season Xfinity race is chicago
Tonights going to be a shitfest though because it's the last chance on a non 1.5 mile meme to get good points. Chicago is going to be CDWL because they will just get clean air and race it out. Richmond is going to be full on "Checkers Or Wreckers, faggit".

Will kek if an xfinity regular dumps Kryle though.

threadsquad.com/view/9331038/mike-harmon-driver-nascar-fan-special-t-shirt

>The sanctioning body elevated the L1 penalty for violating Section 20.14.2 Rear Suspension 1-4f Truck Trailing Arm Spacers/Pinion Angle Shims from a $50,000 fine, suspension of two races for the crew chief and the loss of 25 owner/driver points to a $75,000 fine, a three-race suspension for crew chief and car chief and the loss of 40 owner/driver points.
>“I was just hoping they’d get rid of it,” said crew chief Cole Pearn
KEK, we can safely say that the pearnmobile's advantage is somewhere in the rear suspension

motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-raises-penalty-for-rear-suspension-violations-950866/

don't remind me

hell yeah

First car out on the track for cup qualifying
autistic plebbit leaf is streaming

Pepe car is back!

Why mention that faggot when bsweeet is?

didn't know besweet was doing qualifying
doesn't he usually just do races?

Usually, but that doesn't mean he's not allowed to

I disagree with Spence. I stopped watching in '08 specifically because I was sick of seeing the driver win every fucking week. That shit is boring, no matter how invested in the sport you are. I didn't come back until the texas race in '14 when Gordon and Kes tangled.

KENSETH
E
N
S
E
T
H

based O'toole

>Mike Harmon
>pussy slayer

Pick fucking both.

ywn run full time being 5 seconds off the pace in your 10 year old Dodge and not giving a fuck because you're banging trailer park whores every night on the road

Xfinity bread

Mike Harmon did well tonight
time for some BBQ and beer to celebrate

If Harmon lives, this thread lives.

This made me realize how much I miss fan emails. Twitter shit killed all that.

youtube.com/channel/UC9Io3jmOe4MvU7gFRikb16A

>herp derp

Harmon is a true human bean:

youtube.com/watch?v=eD0hLeyxC48

Probably. Doesn't matter, though, because NASCAR has already selected him to win the championship this year and the only way he won't get it is if he gets caught up in a wreck or experiences a mechanical failure.

My man has 4 lead lap finishes in 17 years of racing in the Busch/Nationwide/Xfinity series.

4 U

>or experiences a mechanical failure
I have bad news for you Brian France

Ridiculous highside crash in motogp

moto exceeding track limits

Where is our motogp thread

No Rossi, no thread

That's was the deal

(Pls make one)

>markek

youtube.com/watch?v=67rEoOuvG0Y

dtm race 1 live

Last night WoO from Silver Dollar Speedway:

youtube.com/watch?v=M9L0gb3xij8

how fucked is he tonight?

Lots were sandbagging in practice. Possibly even Qualifying as anyone who's already locked in the chase likely won't want to be near the clusterfucks when it all kicks off the third stage. Everyone else is Checkers or Wreckers. 12th is safe to start from and the car seems to be fast but that Jones Boy is in 8th and may have the fastest car. Seemed to be the favourite from the beat writers. Kenseth is on pole but the JGRs have been inconsistent in finishing runs all season and Kenseth has to beat Clint Bowyer who gets bad fast on the end of a run. Might come down to a straategy call.
>YFW it happens again

All Kenseth has to do is get more points than either Chase or McMurray.
Those three are racing each other while you've got guys like Logano, Jones and Bowyer needing the win.

Best racing series in America

>Supercars trying to rebrand Australian GT as SuperGT

Is SHR our only hope against the tyranny of JGR?

youtube.com/watch?v=ftYfEXt0qmI
Save this for tomorow

How much butthurt would it cause if Jr. doesn't make the chase, but then goes on to win one of the chase races?

>4 hours of pre-race

Who has the Championship at Sonoma?

i actually think the toyotas are about to have a drop in performance, with nascar increasing the penalty for failing to pass post race inspection they'll be a bit more careful

Almost too close to call, but I'm going with Jose F. Newgarden.

Could be.

Troox has been running great all year though.

>dude lmao what if we made factory LMP1 to privateer LMP1 what DPi is to LMP2
>this actually made sense in the head of someone paid to write articles about motorsport
I'm sure they'll be falling over each other to take advantage of those special rules to brand their cars in a category that already has no restrictions on making new bodywork or branding cars.

I don't think anyone has even noticed that Dome could theoretically chuck a GT500 engine in the back of the S103 with Honda funding next year and Nissan could now sponsor a team to use the Cosworth V6 in a customer chassis.

Dixon ez

>Cindric ran through Scott Speed in GRC Seattle today like he did to Grala last week
Kids building a rep. Wonder if Spencer Gallagher will wreck him at Martinsville like he threatened.

Surprised Speed didn't kick his ass. He showed in ARCA that he doesn't fuck around.

He already had a rep
Cindric is an asshole

>ywn be a rich kid that never has to worry about consequences while racing

sports car racing is a joke these days who cares

Richmond

zero
people will be proud that he won after being shit all year
if anythings causing butthurt is if nascar lets him in the chase because muh retirement
i actually like jr and hoping he wins richmond, but lets be honest, hes been slow all year and he has to contend vs those got dang cheatin toyoders