clyp.it/1auxgmmx
vocaroo.com/i/s0Sl0z2hkekD
vocaroo.com/i/s1Un5PBO893T
vocaroo.com/i/s0YJjIxjPPDz
sendvid.com/xy2alruu
youtube.com/watch?v=AsowLBretlk
scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1516-44462015000400001
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does learning a song on guitar ruin its listening potential for you? I feel like after playing a riff 100 times it doesn't sound good anymore.

Does this actually sound like a 12 string rickenbacker or does it sound like an acoustic guitar?

clyp.it/1auxgmmx

Not sure what kind of amp modeling software I should use for a 12 string rickenbacker. The dry signal sounds like a cheap acoustic and the amp sims I've messed around with just seem to muddy up the sparkly magic string sounds.

FIRST FOR LONG BEACH CALIFORNIA.
Around :55 seconds

Real link

Duosonic or mustang? both about ~$700 canadian

>want to join band
>don't like playing lead at all
>bands only look for lead guitarists, not rhythm players
Am I destined to be alone?

>rhythm and vocals
>lead

those are your two choices

>bands only look for lead guitarists
well, yeah they do until they find out dedicated lead guitarists are the worst people on the planet to add to an already existing band

>can't sing
Guess it's time to play bass

>can't sing

anyone can sing, unless you are mute

#
Yes it does.
It may not be extensive, and you may not know the terms or why it is the way it is, but the functional, practical aspects of it are there. And they will be there for most anyone who listens to a lot of music.
Music Theory isn’t just some secret mystical cure-all, it’s the all about WHY the good-sounding stuff sounds good, what’s actually going on and how to do aspects of it more effectively to make your stuff sound better.
For instance, phrasing. In that clip, you know when to come in, (roughly) when to end, and how to build to a statement. That’s Music Theory in practice. You also (mostly) know what notes sound right when playing that piece; that’s Theory too. Tension and release is another music theory concept, and you’re using that as well.
So even without consciously knowing it, you’re already applying three major concepts of Music theory in your playing.
And most people who have never taken a class on it will figure these things out just by doing and playing because all of this stuff is all around you in everything.

Not everyone is into Tibetan throat singing user. I have a solid B2 to D2 range

stop this

Mustang.

Also has the most functional tremolo bridge out of any Fender offest by a long shot.

why not godin?

Ok i get what youre saying but as a lead player how can i apply that towards rhythm? Inb4 you dont want to

arent the duosonic pickups supposed to be better? idk.
also, I prefer the pickgaurd of the duosonic

>I don't like facts

dont like godin muh. just a really weird brand that doesnt sit well with me

Should i sing?

no. you should mumble

I did it /gg/

Is blue Spector user here? Curious as to what you paid. Been considering their Euro or Classic line in leiu of a Warwick Streamer, as I can't bring myself to pay German Warwick money

Das me mane

Different aspects of music theory apply to rhythm playing, but only the terms are unfamiliar to you right now. If you’ve listened to much music and paid attention to who was doing what, you’ll already know what good rhythm parts sound like.
The biggest thing is articulation. Just like playing a bass, you need to be precise, and that’s a skill that takes time to learn, especially because it also means you have to clean up your technique and learn about muting.
Empty space may not be the sexiest thing to have in your music but it doesn’t get in the way of the groove either, and so you’ve got to learn to put it into your playing.
Another aspect is learning about rhythm and which beats are naturally stressed in music. Put the stressed beats in the right places and get out of the way-you’ll quickly discover that the songs start to wok really well.

very shitty recording

are you taking requests? id like to hear piano man

How y’all gonna let anime start every /gg/ thread

Recommended practice routines to be able to play math rock?

I have a basic understanding of theory and know the notes on the neck fairly well. I can play some basic jazz chords and inversions, though admittedly it's more muscle memory than theory. I can somewhat play major 7 arpeggios all over the neck but that's about it. Don't know how to connect them, how to apply it to songwriting aside from playing fragments of Toe songs, etc.

changed the strings on my bass for the first time, smooth flying until i got to the g string. hope y'all are having a wonderful day/night

What's the minimum wattage for an amp if you want to play live? Anything you can hear over the drums?

obviously depends on the drummer, the music you want to play, and the venue; but 22 watts (ie a Fender Deluxe Reverb) is about perfect for most applications

It's about time you removed the plastic from your guitar. Good on you.
You are posting on an anime website.

yay! i've been able to really take my practice commitment to new levels this semester break!

today my pinky is still all pink and tender though so i'm thinking of maybe giving him a break and use the chance dive into some music theory instead.

i have checked out some of the stuff in OP, but do you guys maybe have any additional resources to recommend for an intermediate student, preferably with lots of hands-on exercises and examples from rock, heavy, blues and/or pop music?

pic unrelated: part of my gear. i'm mostly playing my acoustic or a Squier strat these days though.

I think it's mostly rock. Never actually played with my own amp before, generally had people lend me theirs. It's a 40w, so I'm a bit worried on how it'll sound at a higher volume and whether it'll break up horribly

the effective volume and power of the amp does not just depend on the wattage either. typically a lower wattage tube amp is going to be more powerful than an equivalent transistor / modelling amp for example.

Not that guy but there are so many practical uses of theory, I'm stupid about this though. The ones I can think of are

- Let's say you have a 4 beat (1 2 3 4), the down/strongbeats are 1 and 3 while the up/weakbeats are 2 and 4. Most often the chord/important notes are on the 1 and 3 while 2 and 4 are the passing/less important whatever notes. Applies not only for metal but almost for anything (bass/rhythm strummings/rhythm arpeggios/lead arpeggios/lead solos/whatever)
- The important notes in solos are mostly consist of chord notes, also applies for anything
- In headbanging 1 and 3 beats are when your head is low, 2 and 4 is when your head is up

I don't listen to Megadeth stuffs much but I recall an interview when Ellefson said that their songs rhythm are always use and can be counted in 4 beat countings to make people/non musicians can count/mosh/headbang instinctively. Sure they experiment with tempo changes, exotic/weird/out of scale melodies (motherfucking Friedman), 3/7 7/16 notes or whatever weird timing for solos/melodies, but it's all played over basic rhythm of 4 beats or its variations

Oh fuck meant to reply to

Well it's a solid state. I might be fucked. I'll see how it goes at practice, maybe they've got an electric drum kit and I don't have to worry about volume as much

Also learn rhythm, what differentiates one genre with another is the rhythm. For rock/blues stuffs try to learn Hendrix stuffs if jazz isn't your thing. Hendrix is based for me, I don't fucking understand how he can make interesting blues/rock rhythms in guitar like it's nothing. Other than the main noticeable riffs/lick/solos, he almost always vary his rhythms albeit very subtly, fucking god knows if he access those small variations mostly by using what he practices beforehand or from spontaneous thinking

40w of solid state should be loud enough for band practice

Why does my thumb hurt when I play barre chords?

Listening to a song too many times ruins it's appeal as a song that I'd want to learn. Less boring to learn it fresh but it sometimes takes longer to memorize.

Oh, I thought you were in East L.A.

Metal player don't even need pickguards unless they're spazzes. You shouldn't miss the plastic at all.

As long as he gets he threads up consistently, I'm not bothered by his cartoons.

Did you already boil the old strings before getting new ones? (Poor Fa/gg/s™ represent!)

>thumb
Pushing to hard. Try playing leads without your thumb touching back of the neck. (Bends too.) Try making a bar chord without your thumb. See how much you can do before putting it back. I found that the guitar stays in place due to other factors. The resistance is already there to a degree so the thumb isn't needed as much as we think.

t. former sore thumb

let's talk about fuzzes. which one do better?
vocaroo.com/i/s0YJjIxjPPDz

imo 2nd, I don't like super shrill fuzz\dirt in general tho.

Daily Reminder:
Agile > nigson

>see rock band recruiting
>hit them up
>they turn out to be indie acoustic shit
I just want to play dadrock and Buttrick dammit. Sometimes I just want to have fun

Post dream babes

Friendly daily reminder that you are poor. There is no shame in that, just in your shit taste.

>as a lead player how can i apply
>i
>lead player
>i
>lead player
I guess schizophrenia is contagious after all.

why vox tonelab in 2018? is it ancient photo?

Please rate
sendvid.com/xy2alruu

no

>dedicated lead guitarists are the worst people on the planet to add to an already existing band
why

Best bass for under 500 dollerydoos?

I've been looking at some Ibanez SR370's. Any good?

fuck this is pretty

Yeah, it's approved by an anime girl too

>it's approved by an anime girl
I'm sold

youtube.com/watch?v=AsowLBretlk

Why would you buy a white supremacist bass

How can I become the best there ever was?

which anime?
>white supremacist bass
I'm gonna need a quick rundown

speaker efficiency is just as important as the amp wattage rating user, look it up.

Because the best bands have co lead guitarists, guys that understand the importance of rhythm and how interweaving licks between two guitars are better than just one.

Neither. Get a real Fender like a Strat or Tele or if you insist on getting a soy Fender get a real soy Fender like a Jazzmaster or Mustang.

This kills the Fender Stratocaster.

Hallelujah Overdrive! translations stopped long ago tho

my coordination improved and i can talk while playing spiders

No, the American Deluxe did and now the Elites.

What's that style called?

lol@headstock

gypsy jazz, as popularized by django reinhardt

I like ebmm but that scoop on the top of the pickguard is very offputting

Seems like the peasantry is out and about.

no, I mean the drooling.

you're seeing drooling in that video? you're delirious. have you taken your schizophrenia pills today?

Is it just me or are Gibson LP's the ugliest fucking metal guitars? I don't mind a normal LP with regular paint but putting matte black paint on these things just looks fucking horrendous. It feels like it's trying too hard to be something it's not

I'm glad that you are getting familiar with the terminology. Drooling is an effect of ECT. Have you been playing with your Alien lately?

Can someone please explain to me the appeal of a Thinline Tele?

Like isn't the point of a Telecaster supposed to be the solid body?

Try to find a semi hollow with a 25.5 scale.

>dude I don't understand when people make changes to old guitar styles lmao

>isn't the point of a strat to have single coils

That was truly painful to watch, but from the 3:55 it was just horrendous. Focus on simpler things, something you can follow the rhythm.

Better than 90% of people itt

At least he has the balls to post his playing. Where is yours bud

They are called adenoids, not balls.

scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1516-44462015000400001

it emulates VH4 for peanuts or just buy the original pedal by diezel.

>Squier
streetshat

Why do you shill the pedal and not the actual amp? You poor?

>gg/ buying a 3kilo amp
TOP KEK

What's your ideal weight?

>It takes courage to be an attention whore

What compressor pedals have you boys been fond of? My friend has a deep6 that sounds ok... I'm looking to replace my mxr comp