Most overrated piece of shit ever. Fuck this meme that MBV and Slowdive are the only good shoegaze bands...

Most overrated piece of shit ever. Fuck this meme that MBV and Slowdive are the only good shoegaze bands. There are much better albums than this from various artists.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=blD0FsZW9V4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

MBV is okay. Slowdive rules. OP is a fag.

40 DAYS AND I MISS YOU

Ride is worse

is it bad though?
important to differentiate bad and overrated, in my opinion.

KOD are best

Pygmalion is better

Souvlaki is the absolute epitome of bandcamp music written by rich suburbian kids who are stoned and lovelorn, duuude...... It's just bland and doesn't have anything remotely intersting/moving. The fact that it's somehow rated immensely high pretty much everywhere/by everyone (a fucking 4 on rym?) only makes the whole situation worse.
And that fucking album cover is just ghastly.

i agree but its just because they are so overrated, not because they are bad

also if you think so, could you link albums you think are much better? please

I don't have time to spoonfeed plebs.

yes you do

>The guy would couldn't make an album half as good as this

Good post. Kitchens need more coverage. Either them or Lovesliescrushing should replace slowdive in the big 3 meme.
Best scenario would be mbv kod and Lovesliescrushing

Not him, but

pasteboard : glitter

Panda Rosa - Dest

good shugazi besides mbv
>lush - spooky
>seefeel - quique
>bowery electric - beat

bad shugazi that is constantly mentioned as being good besides mbv but in reality isn't
>slowdive - soulvaki
>ride - nowhere
>have a nice life - deathconsciousness

Under appreciated.

Literally as good as or better than Souvlaki or Loveless

ad hominem

inferior to loveless but better than mbv

True, but When the sun hits and Machine Gun are fucking sick tracks nonetheless

you have time to tell them you don't enjoy what they like

>don't have time
>wastes time on fucking Sup Forums

>deathconsciousness
>shugazi

>listens to the essentials once
lmao

*ahem

disgusting opinion

Ah, the "I don't actually think this I just made a thread" response.

I do enjoy Cocteau Twins and Beach House more.

To be completely honest, Slowdive - s/t is my favorite from them

Loveless is great and still a sonic daydream that kicks ass, but still a tad overrated. The other stuff in their discography I’ve enjoyed but wasn’t blown away

Souvlaki would be Slowdive's worst record if it wasnt for that boring comeback album

Haven’t been listening to this as much lately, but definely an amazing Shoegaze album from the Northwest I believe

haha dis! :)

you know, i listened to this for the first time a week ago and was blown away

Now I'm already totally sick of it. Empty pleb music

not an argument

haha dis! :)

this. i mean the music isnt bad, just overrated

Great bands and great album. Nobody says they are the only good ones by the way, you are delusional.

''Epitome of bandcamp music written by rich suburban kids who are stoned and lovelorn, duuuude'', hahaha get out of here with your shit. Made me laugh, i'll give you that. You sound like an asshoke reviewer that uses a lot of words but doesn't say shit about the music.

listened to the top 3 just now and they were all bad, must try harder!

The fact that Souvlaki is put on the same pedestal as Loveless, while pic related is 100x better and literally Loveless american brother is still ignored and never got a reissue really rustles my jimmies

normie starts to understand the meme

this is why Sup Forums is shit

>doesn't now how to quote right
slowdumb fans confirmed for tourist redditors

That's how you quote everywhere, did you want me to use the arrows? You are a Sup Forums mindless idiot then. And I never talked about the band idiot friend, just like now, I'm just saying that you and OP talk like idiots. The band can go fuck itself for all I care.

thanks for admitting

Ride and Slowdive are responsible for the petty state modern indie is in today.

>bandcamp music written by rich suburbian kids who are stoned and lovelorn, duuude
>"I have never heard a second of Pygmalion in my life but sure I'll enter the ring on this topic why not lol"

weeb

you're disrespecting culture you imperialist swine

This álbum > Loveless

do you know anywhere where I can find the translated lyrics?

overrated maybe, but definitely not bad. i think its amazing but not god's jizz music or wtv

Yikes this album is 10/10 and a classic. You have shit taste clearly.

>10/10
It's a 7/10.

>a classic
In the age of blogspots.

>You have shit taste
You do for liking this bland Coachella-core chill garbage.

Slowdive is (was) damn good, but MBV and Loveless specifically is easily 10X better. Loveless shits on everything I've heard from the genre. If you don't get it, you'll obviously think the easier comfy listen of Souvlaki is better, but if you do get Loveless, you know, and you've already accepted the fact that it won't be matched. Really though, the albums are incomparable. The bands are polar opposites within the genre and they each suit different moods.
Cocteau Twins are far better than Slowdive anyhow. Not sure why they aren't part of the "top 3". How Ride made it, I have no fucking clue.

Decent, but gets stale quick. Not much too it. Very basic, half of the tracks are boring.

Damn, my thoughts exactly.

YOUR MESSED UP LIFE STILL THRILLS ME

>bland Coachella-core chill garbage
>7/10
Hmmmm

Give me a break. Don't paint loveless out to be an innacessible masterpiece while calling slowdive pleb music. Theres a lot more to slowdive. And loveless is much closer to noise rock

Ride are easily one of the best rock bands of the 90s.

youtube.com/watch?v=blD0FsZW9V4

i like souvlaki, but their new album SUCKED. most boring album i've heard in a while, and every faggot i know drools over it

Please leave this board and don't ever come back
What a fucking faggot
Don't create threads if you aren't even able to post a single argument
So please come back from where you came from
Faggot

60 fucking replies and no one mentions how just for a day was the superior slowdive LP? After listening to that go for their EPs. Shame on you Sup Forums