What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Nazi sympathizer

His filler album before his collab with Ariel.

Nothing, it's a good album.
Maybe didn't live up to the indie expectations his last album set with p4k drones but it's a good album nonetheless

felt like it was very phoned in.

lacking something that I can't quite put my finger on that makes all his other stuff so special

I like more than half of it so I'd say nothing. Its not as good as his first two but its really good still. Walls of Silence and Touchdown are two of his best songs

nothing

check your ears, those basslines are amazing

I want to add that after seeing him live, I feel like a lot of the material on this album is almost made for live performance. The Combine is chilling live

its fun but not very memorable like his previous stuff

Same thing wrong with Ariel Pink, theres a huge wall of irony that makes the album feel distant and cold and like a big joke to them. Thats why I prefer someone like Chad Vangaalen, who makes similar lowfi bizarre pop rock, but at least seems like that's music he enjoys making.

OP
absolutely BLOWN THE FUCK OUT by this album
even has to ask
>what was wrong, what even happened..

There's nothing ironic about maus, hes a very sincere dude. Ariel has irony sprinkled through his music but I also think hes pretty authentic

despite being an Ariel fan i completely agree. I love the core of his music and he's obviously extremely talented but the post modernism stuff gets really exhausting after a while. It's hard to truly appreciate someone's work when you have a feeling that they're actually mocking the listener in some covert way.

how does ariel mock the listener? I've listened to most of his stuff and never really felt that

Nothing ? It's great

this

Also this album didn't drop when you were 16 like pitiless censors you rose colored glasses fags

The Million Dollar Extreme fanbase is a mistake.

Nothing. It was a fine record. Just saw him this past Sunday too and he was phenomenal.

MDE is dead, sam has gone insane and is going to do a car review show, charls became a full time streamer and nick sells antiques

Thank God, their fanbase has been one of the worst sources of forced meme cancer on the internet.

Yeah mde fans are pure cancer, no wonder nick and charls dropped it

Please tell me this is actually true

Maus said in an interview that they're both interested in doing one, but haven't been able to coordinate it yet. Maybe once they're both done touring for their new albums?

It came out.

ITT
people who are too dumb to get into philosophy. Sorry brainlets, but this is one is for the bigger boys and girls :)

this

one of the most forgettable albums of last year
not bad, but nothing to make it stand out at all

>it's a mistake when a tv show exposes new people to largely unknown artists

Yes

Ayo Trex, come help me swag this kid out