Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EVk-dhbSwNI
vocaroo.com/i/s1iN2VASMebT
youtube.com/watch?v=ssrSivQ88DY
soundcloud.com/samuelcfaria/doom-riff-demo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for 12ax7s

Where does someone find all these guitar anime pictures from op? Asking for a friend.

gelburoo
+ guitar

>it operates at real amp plate voltages (300VDC!)
Nice. Low-voltage tube pedals are shit and gimmicky, but ones like this are great. A solid alternative to a heavy tube amp.

KT88 > EL34 > EL84 > 6L6 etc

>tube pedal for having something tube
>onto an all-SS amp
lmao @ u

real TUBE screamer?

Ktt77>all other tubes desu senpai. Best shimmery cleans.

you dont have either, you just have diodes

>300VDC
is it enough? mine preamplifier uses 750

Excellent

Whats the benefit of that besides increasing risks of deadly shocks? Tube amps only have high voltages on the power section.

The current flows through your body and it makes you play faster

So how do you know his parents work on a pet store? I want to send them a dvd with his kid's guitar playing.

>Whats the benefit of that
It doesn't sound like a fizzy fart cannon. Low voltage tube overdrive pedals sound like fizzy fart cannons.

But i do have kt77s. Theyre in my bugera. El34 for marshall amps always. How many working tubes you got. LMAO NOT EVEN 1

Damn, I just bought a pedal with one 12ax7, are you telling me it's know good unless you stack them or get a $400 3 tube unit?

>Whats the benefit of that
It doesn't sound like a fizzy fart cannon. Low voltage tube overdrive pedals sound like fizzy fart cannons.

He admitted it and said that he sometimes is forced to help on saturdays

If it operates at a high voltage it'll sound good. A single tube, high voltage OD pedal is fine. If it operates at a low voltage it'll sound like a fizzy fart cannon.

consider killing urself, pls

which one do you like best?
youtube.com/watch?v=EVk-dhbSwNI

none
they dont djent

:^(

lmao

Yeah man, no 12ax7 is taking 750 volts.

do you remember this cool tube distortion?

Thats one raw anus you got there.

you homo? I didnt know that

Well, now I'm waiting for him to confirm that he got an sms or we'll definitely know it was roman.

fag

just "bull distortion" suits me better

nah who remeber that

now everyone and his mom uses a japanese sword by hugo boss rolando corporation

Why can't anime [spoiler]boys[/spoiler] be the OP for a change?

Sam, you just implied...you know what, nevermind.

lads rate my sloppily played riff i just wrote vocaroo.com/i/s1iN2VASMebT

>fretless acoustic
Interesting. Also,

I think you just lost one of three remaining neurons in that coconut you got on your shoulders. So when are you gonna get a WORKING AMP AND ELECTRIC GUITAR?

But before the KT88 must come the 6CA7. Delicious saggy bass response when they're really cooking, along with the British mid character of the EL34.

In all seriousness though, the KT88 is a cool tube as well. Only ever played blueline SVT reissues with them in, and never on guitar.

I dont know anything about voltages. Is 15VAC high or low? The manual says it starves the tube to create distortion..

implied what

Did you get an sms?

>it starves the tube to create distortion
It's going to sound like a fizzy fart cannon. You got memed.

oh i had forgotten i owe you having a guitar and amp. i'll buy ones tomorrow.

i want to hear your opinion on how long it takes a tube to warm up and reach its full tone potential. Is it a myth? 10 mins 30 mins? 2 hours?

That if this was prison you'd be his bitch.

15v is very low for a 12ax7, they tend to shine starting around 230v.

But dont all tube distprtion units do this? Not including the $400 meme posted above. Would I be better off with a high gain OD?

no i didnt imply that

>high gain OD
heh

What kind of sound do you want/what kind of music you gonna play? No, all tube overdrives do not sound like fizzy fart cannons.

Damn, so unless it's designed to be powered by high voltage like that, is there anyway to mod it to get it that high?

i didnt. i mocked him for being interested on men asses

Different user here, as soon as the sound hits the speaker and stabilizes. Myth. Might have been true on older and less predictable equipment.

Get a paper clip and put each individual end at the base of the tube

Progrock/metal. Id like to have a warm transparent gain or OD without getting into brootal djent territory

Ok demo it for me first

i use japanese sd1. should i sell it and buy maxon808 instead?

Lmao look at his raw anus. Wait dont you get buttfucked by trannies? Youre obviously interested in mens asses yourself. Hey sam record me some metal on your alien amp. Lets hear that single tube saturation.

I see. Imo its a myth too. At most 5 minutes is all you need.

It’s not

You could in theory, but it's not feasible. You'd have to install a transformer that would have to recieve mains voltage and then you'd need to beef up all the voltage sensitive components(capacitors for example). Higher voltage capacitors are larger and won't fit in the pcb so you'll have to rig it somehow.

(You)

nothing wrong with 1 tube saturation listen to this MOTERFUCKER!
youtube.com/watch?v=ssrSivQ88DY

Are rolled frets a meme?

>warm transparent
This is an oxymoron. Warm = midbass emphasis. Transparent = flat frequency response, does not alter tone of your amp.
Anyways, an OCD pedal is probably perfect for your needs. Joyo Ultimate Overdrive is a cheap OCD clone which is well-loved.

never bottomed
soundcloud.com/samuelcfaria/doom-riff-demo

>it looks like hohners version of a kahler
>its not
>heres a picture of the headstock to show you
You guys really couldn't get any fucking dumber.

Are chinese companies like joyo, caline and nux actually good?

Childhood is loving Yui, adulthood is realizing Mio is the best

Adulthood is not watching chinese cartoons

Where's the bass?

A shitton of people own the Joyo Ultimate Drive and most seem to like it.
I own a bunch of Caline pedals and I like all of them. They sound great, work fine, haven't broken and aren't noisy, with nice, solid metal enclosures.

Adulthood is not posting on Sup Forums, yet here we are

Guess I'll cough up $30 and give one a try

Thats a shit riff and old..record something new. You literal faggot.
when was the last time you heard the chinks get praised for quality?

Joyo are probably the best budget pedals you can buy

If you tell me that most of these idiots aren't underage I'll die of laughter.

>when was the last time you heard the chinks get praised for quality?
For Eastman and D'Angelico, but I wouldn't buy them.

Lmao im getting paid to post. You do it for free.
>cough up $30
Fucking poorfags kys

Patricianhood is preferring Mugi.

is this shit dem good?

I tried a danhelico in sam ash hollywood. Was the most mediocre guitar i ever heard or felt. Looked nice but its a very boring instrument.

Yup

But Satan, the ones I played where good. They have different series, their top of the line is around 1500 usd. I would buy the shit of a used The Heritage guitar for that money, but the Eastman is the only 335 with solid wood besides Edwards nowadays.

no

Ritsu > Mio > Yui > powergap > Mugi > powergap > Azuza

Has anybody here tried a Boss Katana? I've been thinking about picking one up to replace my old-ass Digitech GSP1101, because I want something I can hook up directly to my computer as well as being able to use it as a normal amp, and the Katana seems like it's getting a lot of praise for being a modeling amp, especially for the feel.

And no, getting a tube amp for playing at home is retarded

Just bought a $50 p bass off ebay. It even comes with a gig bag(trash bag). I've always wanted to turd polish.

adaw

>tfw no Carr amp

My neighbor knocked on the door and complained to my dad about me being too loud.

And I use a solid state 1x12 combo amp.

>Ritsu
Please stop posting

frustrated crying wojak mind

You're putting more effort in these days Roman

What the hell

now i feel confused.

>Boss Katana
like the legendary sword hugo boss wield back in the time no i havent heard it!!!!!1

>And no, getting a tube amp for playing at home is retarded
oh no he is retarded

It was good. Just very very bland in feel and sound. Solid feeling guitar all around just not exciting.

Maybe

I have one. It's definitely a digital modeling amp, don't fall for the "it's just like a tube amp!" shit. However, it's still a pretty decent practice amp and it gets really loud if you crank it. I tried the Fender Mustang and Blackstar ID:Core for comparison and the Katana is a lot better.

I recommend using the clean and crunch channels with a boost over the lead and brown channels if you get one.