/dixie/ - Southern US & Friends

tick tock wagies edition

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Space_Treaty
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Galactic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composition_of_Mars
theverge.com/2015/10/2/9441029/elon-musk-mars-nuclear-bomb-colbert-interview-explained
extremetech.com/extreme/213900-elon-musk-lets-nuke-mars-to-make-it-habitable
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ban all yanks

We /shitpost/ now

The Chinese are definitely going to beat Europe to Mars
it seems like even India takes space exploration more seriously than the ESA

>666
vade retro satana
AGNUS DEI

Can't the south just make its own imageboard with all yank IPs banned?
Just asking.

>China
They can't even keep their spacelabs in orbit lel. Tiangong was scheduled to be deorbited but they said fuck it and are just going to let it crash into the ocean.

None of the other space administrations will work with them because they keep stealing shit from everyone. Not even the Soviets were that bad

I will save this, and one day I swear I will read it

Russia has a pretty solid space program left from the soviet times aswell.
What they lack is funding to perform a colonizing effort though

>stalin was a saint
>pope is god
>there will be a patriach for mars

christ

in the future nuclear weapons will be rendered obsolete by super advanced missile defence systems and peace in the west will end due to mutually assured destruction no longer being applicable
t. John Titor

I don't think anyone, private country or government, wants to fund a colonization effort of Mars right now
We're going to have to start with asteroid mining

I don't actually know enough about the various space programs to say, but I'm not surprised about the Chinese stealing stuff from people
otherwise, don't lots of countries just let orbital equipment crash into the ocean?

>Protestants
lmao

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Space_Treaty

"The treaty explicitly forbids any government from claiming a celestial resource such as the Moon or a planet.[3] Article II of the Treaty states that "outer space, including the Moon and other celestial bodies, is not subject to national appropriation by claim of sovereignty, by means of use or occupation, or by any other means". However, the State that launches a space object retains jurisdiction and control over that object.[4] The State is also liable for damages caused by their space object.[5]"

So what?
You flip over a rock and then you have to give the microbes on Mars a tip?

let's see how long that lasts once the intergalactic colonisation scramble begins

>implying anyone will give a shit
noone gave a shit about the treaty of tordesilla

yeah most likely
spaceX has been pushing for more colonization and touristic trips to the moon but it might just be a publicity stunt

I hope he is bathing in filtered water

>don't lots of countries just let orbital equipment crash into the ocean?
They usually do controlled reentry. China has lost telemetry with its spacelab, and that's one of the easiest things to keep telemetry with. The Chinese just can't into space and they probably never will because all of their shit is done by nepotistic state owned companies

I want to do a 3000m flyby of the moon. Imagine zooming over the surface of the moon at 18000km/h

in their defence, they are pretty new in this.
USA also fucked up a whole bunch while starting up

I figure the first issue that really needs to be addressed here is how to stop radiation from obliterating anyone that sets foot on Mars
We can't very well just give the planet an Earth-like magnetic field, and even people that go to the ISS are at a seriously increased risk for health problems like cancer

And they've been stealing a lot of shit from everyone, they shouldn't have that excuse. No one hesitated in blaming the US for fucking up things that the Nazis had already figured out.

We build underground

I'm guessing that everything except for the spaceports and water facilities are going to be kept underground. That's what the plan was for the Air Force base on the moon

well what's the point of going there if we're just going to do that

minerals I guess

The protest would be huge if they were to call off the treaty.

Several layers of metal.
The reason we currently have a way to '''colonize'''' the mars but cant return is because the current method is to literally just drop a massive fucking rectangle room into the surface and never exit it

as much as we know, the sublayers of mars is not that strong, it will all crumble unless its reinforced.
Also the soil itself is also massively radiated

R&D mostly
also the prestige.

some fucking globalists in yurop would protest peacefully who gives a shit.
China and russia certainly wont

boo fucking hoo, what are they going to do to stop us. The Russians can't even get a rover to Mars

security and space-imperialism. American companies are going to own space for at least 50 years before anyone else even thinks of setting up colonies of their own

>tfw no discernible lightweight material that can completely block radiation
Is it hopeless or do we just need more scientists working with synthetic materials?

>American companies are going to own space for at least 50 years before anyone else even thinks of setting up colonies of their own
it doesn't matter if they're American or not, they're doing it for themselves, not the US, and most will probably use a ton of foreign personnel.

we need new minerals tbqh.
Finding new alloys are becoming harder and harder and ''creating'' new minerals through the collider is expensive and not efficient

plus the general populous would be more excited about ''OH MY GOD WE ARE COLONISING AGAIN'' rather than going ''wait are we going through these dumb set of rules we set before the cold war?''

America owns all of their spaceports and it's likely that they'll be colonizing exclusively with Americans and Euros. No one else has that kind of money

>Implying Liberals won't throw a Vietnam tier protest.

Highly doubt that American citizens would be OK with American imperialism on Mars.

The last thing America wants is a protest or a world wide led coalition against her, some type of American imperialist efforts on Mars would definitely have the world turning against us.

Western Turkey is going to become the portugal of the new space age
gonna have a bunch of tiny moon colonies and then one massive useless gas giant colony

what the fuck are you on my man

>Highly doubt that American citizens would be OK with American imperialism on Mars.
Why??

>The last thing America wants is a protest or a world wide led coalition against her
Which won't happen because no one gives a shit and no one important is willing to piss off the world police over something this small

Who are you opressing on Mars?

microbes

i think it's possible to cause the global fallout and nuclear winter even simply blowing up nukes on your territory

Im also intrested in how the moralists will behave once the mechanization/3d printing of the human body takes speed

all them single digit microbes

Nuclear winter isn't a thing

I'm fine until we start uploading people

Reminder that doin people dirty is just part of tha game.

>mfw the most behind the times part of the US has a discussion about new alloys, space colonialism, and organic 3D printing
Unexpected turn of events 2bh

southrons are the future

also
>not counting the new islamic dictatorship poster

im fine aslong as we make 90% of the people sterile while giving them mechanical body parts

You guys don't think that environmentalists/leftists would be extremely outraged by America claiming Mars ? Americas intention on Mars is to extract resources, and that won't cause problems for the "Let humanity own Mars" type of people ? People would definitely protest that America holds its own interests above the interests above humanity. Do you guys not think the same ? I'm probably the only one thinking this so fuck it.

oh my fucking god

the only private company that actually can offer sub orbital space tourism "soon" it's en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Galactic who apready tested the first private spaceplane and who are testing its passanger version for a few years already. anything larger than that and orbital space tourism on russian and american state rockets isn't feasible

Oh that would definitely be a thing. But see this post:

not really.
Most normies care more about space exploration then what some hippie fucks think.
If anytthing, it would be a great publicity stunt to curb the amount of enviromentalist scum.
The factories and electrical grids will become the new beauty of the world as we rid this world of industrial reactionaries.
In reality the enviromentalist would most likely start some gay ass EU government funded agency to regulate interplanetary mining
Not to stop it ofc, just to steal money off from the profits

well its all in plans right now ofc.
The current plan is to have atleast 1 good and efficient space plane design in 10 years.

I cant wait to be small talk'd by some american tourist, none come here since they think its dangerous.
All i get to talk is with degenerate slavs asking how to get to taksim who cant speak a word of english

Are there even minerals on mars to mine?

But it would have major consensuses. Nation wide protests halted US involvement in Vietnam, so possibly world wide protest would halt US involvement in Mars. I believe that private ownership of Mars is the likely future rather than national ownership.

Could you provide some type of evidence of this possibly occurring or this already occurring ? I believe people would allow some type of mining operations on Mars, but not to the extent that the governments or private companies want. Environmentalists already have a foothold in politics today, and I doubt they'll be leaving anytime soon, especially since what governments and private companies have already done to Earth, I doubt they'll allow that to happen to Mars, I have doubts people would just be willing to forget what they've done to Earth and do it again on Mars.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composition_of_Mars

>Americas intention on Mars is to extract resources
How is that ever going to be economically viable? Do you have any idea how much it costs to lift a ton of anything into orbit?

Platinum

there are some underground according to the samples we have gotten from its surface.
I believe nasa thinks that there is a metal much similar to iron in its structure.

there has already been several pushes for a general pro-green association like the paris accord for greenhouse gasses but it never has gained enough of steam, mostly because non-western countries rightfully dont give a shit about what some dickwads living in california.
If there were to be a treaty to be signed, it would act much similar to the paris accord.
And it would also fail miserably

mars is gay lol

Noone wants to colonize the moon because '''they''' know the nazi's are there

>Nation wide protests halted US involvement in Vietnam
Are you actually retarded

We signed a ceasefire agreement with everyone that guaranteed the South's independence and we made it stick for several years. The only reason the South fell is because Congress fell to the Democrats after Watergate and they stopped providing material and financial support to Saigon. Gerald Ford's most famous speech is him begging Congress not to back out on the treaty

OK but we gotta start terraforming too. The sooner and the cheaper the better.

Why? people won't be living on the surface

I heard that NASA is actually planning on putting a base up there. They don't have the funds to send a man to Mars so they're doing the next best thing.

we can barely terraform a bloody desert or a marsh.

We are criminally slow in that department, which is why we have to change our own bodies to become more resilient rather than our surroundings

both NASA and SpaceX have plans to set up bases/missions at mars.
Currently SpaceX claims that they will be there atleast 5-8 years earlier

i meant the moon
shit

Want to see Virgin Galactic set up a spaceport on the Moon. SpaceX is great and all but reddit likes them just a bit too much for my taste

Also we should start calling the moon Luna or Selene again

i dont follow plebbit so i wouldnt know.
I just sometimes check up on new technology news.

>solar eclipse in a few weeks
fucking pumped lads

How do you spot an american in the streets of istanbul?
They are the only ones losing their shits for a 3.5 earthquake

Where did I say that they'll be taking it back to Earth ? The extraction from Mars will obviously stay on Mars.

OK ? The democrats appealed to the protesters and allowed them a chance to get out of Vietnam, which they did, that's the only reason the democrats were voted into congress anyway.

So why would environmentalists care

>nationwide protests halted involvement in vietnam
>no, it was actually military successes that pushed the North to negotiations
>b-but it was still the protests!!!
pathetic

Electricity is busted
Such is life living outside the city limits

Everything would be easier if we just start terraforming Mars. An underground base is only good for research and limited resource extraction. If we want to do shit like using it as a dock for launching spaceships we better terraform.

We will most likely create manufacrories in mars and ship the finished goods here
Atleast some of it, rest will be tariffs

Even better idea
We just send a buncha robots for the mining and hope they dont end up having a consience.

Its not 1600 anymore we dont need manpower for colonization if we are solely talking about extracting minerals

Really the only thing keeping us off the surface is the radiation and I don't see what good terraforming will do for that. Unless we want to wait the several thousand years it takes for the atmosphere to make ozone.

>we dont need manpower for colonization if we are solely talking about extracting minerals
That's not even the real value of it. You aren't in danger of your species being wiped out by a single asteroid if you're on multiple planets and moons

We already have the technology to see an asteroid of that capacity from years away.
And enough ballistic misile technology to reach a fair distance.
If we are looking this from a positive perspective and say that the anomaly is coming somewhere near mars, we can just blow it into smithereens, or atleast enough to change its trajectory

I want to play Stellaris now but Stellaris sucks
what do

>We already have the technology to see an asteroid of that capacity from years away.
Sure but there's nowhere near enough satellites to track them all. NEO tracking isn't that robust

>ballistic missiles
A million tiny irradiated rocks falling from the sky is actually worse than one giant one. They'd com bust in the atmosphere and cause firestorms on the surface

Play stellaris with me

I refunded it
I bought Sins of a Solar Empire and Galactic Civilizations III because /v4/ said they were better but I haven't actually installed or touched them yet

By a safe distance I mean that even the shrapnel coming towards earth would take atleast a month to reach
Plenty of time to find a way to get rid of some of em.
Maybe manually explode tactical missiles to change most of the tiny asteroids trajectory

Galactic civs is hella fun

forming an atmosphere is part of the terraforming process.

Alright, I'll admit I'm wrong on this one, but mark my words Congay, I'll have my revenge >:)

A terraforming process that would take way too long for it to be worth it

triple nigger

Dude just nuke mars lmao

theverge.com/2015/10/2/9441029/elon-musk-mars-nuclear-bomb-colbert-interview-explained
extremetech.com/extreme/213900-elon-musk-lets-nuke-mars-to-make-it-habitable

And costly
And unnecesary
All we need to do is start a MECHANIZATION PROGRAM AND BECOME MORE THAN HUMAN CMON GOD I WANT HUMANITY TO BE DESTROYED AND REPLACED

Machines can't have souls

There's no way that would produce enough gas to matter. The solar wind would just leech it away

heat seeking missiles are the worst thing to happen to Battlefield

We just gotta import greenhouse gases or form an artificial magnetosphere. Then we'll have access to the surface.

You cannot remove the soul and the original sin from the flesh no matter how much you alter it.

Uploading doesn't transfer conciousness. The machine isn't alive

Reminder that transhumanism is reprehensible to all traditional moral systems and is the epitome of human arrogance.

Uploading is a meme
I was talking more so like deus ex's mister jensen kind of more than human
Or maybe forced genetic evolution

>I was talking more so like deus ex's mister jensen kind of more than human
That's fine then. So long as you don't start fucking with peoples brains I don't see the difference between bionics and peg legs

>Morals