What is "trap" music. I honestly don't know

What is "trap" music. I honestly don't know.
Please post examples.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L5wAk7PXmBI
youtube.com/watch?v=PNnEnLGeWPc
youtu.be/S-sJp1FfG7Q
youtu.be/SC4xMk98Pdc
youtu.be/WrsFXgQk5UI
youtu.be/xvZqHgFz51I
youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

music for transgendered folks. typical 4channer wouldn't know anything about that.

AY
youtube.com/watch?v=L5wAk7PXmBI

Rap at a high tempo, without many instruments playing other than bells. The bass is an 808 and there’s a pattern of tight hi hats at a high speed, sometimes they slow down and sometimes they speed up. Open hats appear too but more sparsely.
The raps are kind of mumbled, they don’t have the clarity of typical hip hop and the ad libs like skkrrrt skrrrrt are a must.

>without many instruments playing other than bells
why do people who don't know what they're talking about insist on posting

Another thing is that a trapper being more underground will generally not be signed to a label, but as the genre grew more popular only very few successful trappers remain independent

Trap rap or trap music is a form of Hip Hop originating in Atlanta in the early 2000s. While trap rap is diverse stylistically, it is united by its distinctive fast hi-hat sound and heavy bass at moderate tempos.

youtube.com/watch?v=PNnEnLGeWPc

>without many instruments playing other than bells

Synths that are barely heard in the mix don’t count. Ask anyone what’s that trap sound and they’ll say the 808 the hi hats and the bells. Plus the mumbled vocals and ad libs

Any popular-ish examples, or real no meme examples (if possible).

also thanks.

I get the bag Gucci mane
Motorsports
Anything by migos really

>What is brass
>What is piano
>What are strings
>What are choirs
>What are organs
>What are flutes
>What are synths (that are audible despite what you said)
Bells can be used and are often but it's hardly integral and also used alongside the aforementioned elements.

Style of rap music originating in Atlanta. Usual aspects include heavy 808 bass, rapid hi-hats, dark synths. Artists like Jeezy, T.I., and Gucci Mane started the sound. Nowadays artists like Future, Migos, and Young Thug are associated with the genre. Try listening to Future’s Monster mixtape for an example

thanks.

Here are some popular trap songs from last year’s Billboard Year-End Hot 100
>youtu.be/S-sJp1FfG7Q
>youtu.be/SC4xMk98Pdc
>youtu.be/WrsFXgQk5UI
>youtu.be/xvZqHgFz51I

Regardless, they are secondary to the bells in 90% of tracks. Read my post again, I didn’t say there weren’t other instruments, I said there weren’t too many of them. I mean sure some tracks like Stir Fry are more complex but they are outliers, you almost never have producers like Daft Punk working on trap

that's what I thought it was, just wanted reference point for when people used the word, still a lot more boring that I thought it would be.

>The only sounds used are synths, bells, and hi hats

Lol stop acting like there’s anything more than that to your shit meme genre. Trap is to hip hop what dubstep was to EDM

>I’m here to defend trap
Look bud I’m just here to say there’s a teensy bit more than bells and hi hats

I listened to this for 12 seconds before I got the joke

It's disgusting is what it is. Patricians don't listen to rap.

youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk

>Sup Forums
>not tranny central

What's mumble rap?