Why are the French the biggest weebs in Europe?

Why are the French the biggest weebs in Europe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y78EwXZzJX0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because they are cute and also gay

I want French answers

Je ne sais pas

HON HON HOH. My cheese. She is stinky. Wee Wee!

Manga filled a void after the Belgian-French comics crumbled in the 80s
Anime was bought for cheap and broadcasted during kids time on TV (due to the need of abundance of time to fill)
So now we have an entire generation of people that grew up with Dragon Ball, Captain Tsubasa, Hokuto no Ken, Goldorak etc that actually are parents.

The biggest weebs I've known were Germans.
Same here. We had great cartoonists and almost centenary comic magazines, but everything went to shit in the 80s and early 90s. I loved both Spanish and Francophone comics, so the void was big for me.
Dragon Ball and Captain Tsubasa were extremely popular in Spain, also Saint Seiya.
Don't know why we didn't keep consuming Japanese media at that rate on later decades, though.

I want to go to the Japan expo.

Frances weebism started in the late 1800's

I guess that's why so many obscure 80's animes got localised into french and spanish, but literally nothing else.

do french like wakfu

>weebs

There's no such thing

Damn right, Saint Seiya was super popular as well.
It seems like it was the case with Italy as well.
The US and most of the rest of Europe got anime quite late frankly, so they missed a good chunk of these old anime.
>Don't know why we didn't keep consuming Japanese media at that rate on later decades, though.
Probably because TV is at a very low nowadays. The proliferation of tv channel (compared to the 80s) and internet, as well as the rise in price of anime means they aren't as attractive as they used to be.
Manga are selling well in France tho. We got the 5th volume of Jojolion in July and a decent variety of it, but I guess it's just part of the culture now, and not the "japan craze" that was so peculiar several years ago.
Most localization are frankly terrible because most voice actors had quite a lot of contempt towards anime (as any man should). Some of them are voluntarily terrible and its a shame because we have quite the decent dub industry (one of many reason why we can't speak english)
It's not hugely popular, but still decently among children.
People don't realise how awesome it is, like everything French people do.

We had that on TV, I think?! I watched it online tho. I really, really, really liked the 1st season. 2nd season was a bit of a disappointment, or, at least, the 2nd part of the 2nd season.

youtube.com/watch?v=y78EwXZzJX0

r8 Russki dub

France is justice
France is cute
France is beautiful
France made USA
France made canada

we look up to France

>quite late

Are the 70's "late" for you? US super heroes cartoons like superman aired during the 70's I guess, and the Japanese "wave" began in the late 70's.

>France made canada
France made the part of Canada that literally everyone else in Canada hates

As someone who lives in proximity to Quebec I will tell you that it's a fucking joke.

France have good taste

Hey ! France made America too ! . ..wait.... I know... it was our biggest error... excuse us

This is a girl, I hope?

Les coréens sont tres adorables, j'espère que tout le monde etre coréens

Why do you see it related to Japan?
She wears western cloth.
It has nothing to do with us.

>French girl imitating a Japanese imitation of French fashion

Because swedes are bigger weebs

ONDA VITAL

I don't know why. it's not as if they had no culture like a certain people. I heard their grandpas liked old Japanese stuff, though.

Indeed
So many Swedish weebs in Japanese thread.

What about Germany?

brits are weebs||!

why are brits obsessed with frogs, you know frogs dont care about you, right?

>that bong jaw
the rape, sansa...

They are so BTFO by anglo germanic countries that they need to escspe into alternate reality to forget their troubles.

>
>>
Don't be rude we are island people

Qu'est-ce que c'est

Sup Forums is for international discussion you submental Turk