Will this ever be topped?

Will this ever be topped?

MGMT, Ariel Pink, Deerhunter, Animal Collective, The Flaming Lips, etc. all WISH they put out an album as good as this

It was topped by his next album, for fuck's sake. Try harder, OP.

Yeah listen to Give it Back or Methodrone by the Brian Jonestown Massacre

Much better and much less homosexual

lmao Little Dark Age shits on that garbage

It was topped before it even existed.

This is literally normie triple j music.

unironically this

>"currents is better than lonerism"

it is

no, its not. its a stupid attempt to cash in on the hypnagogic pop/synthwave scene and its r/b pop hooks arent catchy or clever at all compared to lonerism

because you have no taste and confuse over production with quality. the songwriting on currents is abysmal

Hey guys! Don't mind me it's just the best indie record of the decade stopping by and saying hello.

I'm going to preface this by saying Tame Impala is awful

but for your taste to be so bad that you think Currents is better than Lonerism, it's like...jesus.

this is fucking goat

correct

Only rockists and contrarians put Lonerism over Currents

that's what I figured

to be this retarded, i just dont know how you function enough to use a computer

>contrarian

it's pretty well established in the music community that lonerism is the best

currents is for teen girls

this is the problem with tame impala fans though. They don't like psychedelic music. they like homosexual pop tunes under the guise of psychedelic music.

currents is a really awful synthpop album

>in the music community

your circle of faggot friends isn't the whole music community

>currents is for teen girls

Lonerism is literally tumblr-core

Currents > Lonerism > Innerspeaker

LP4 will be somewhere between Lonerism and Innerspeaker

tame impala is bad and all of kevin's work is bad

LP4 > Currents > Lonerism > Innerspeaker because kevin has only gotten better as he's kept going

Talk to me when you gotta track named Siberian Breaks, kiddo.

Kevin Parker could put out a record of him farting through a synthesizer and it would still be better than the best thing MGMT has ever done

mgmt sucks balls

>Tame Impala fans arguing with each other over which album is "tumblr core" and which album "is for teen girls"

Maybe you should all finally just admit that Tame Impala fucking sucks.

>currents is the only good psypop record

can you faggots be anymore insufferable

psychedelic music can be pop, retard. look at the beatles. their contemporaries were definitely 'harder' but its not like they were less psych and innovative

Congratulations is better desu

Never said that but the worst of TI is better than anything mgmt

>psychedelic music can be pop, retard
No shit, dumbfuck.

absolute garbage opinion. if you don't like at least something on congratulations you have terrible taste. not to mention is better than anything Kevin has done

>this is the problem with tame impala fans though. They don't like psychedelic music. they like homosexual pop tunes under the guise of psychedelic music.
thread/

>doesn't know how to quote properly
>fucks up /thread

you're the biggest idiot in this thread and that's saying something

>liking anything mgmt

absolute shit taste but oh wait let me guess little dark age is AOTY right lmao

tame impala might be normie tier but mgmt is complete ass

Nope

I hate currents for the sole reason that it brought in all these brainlet pop fans who thought they were listening to the greatest music ever made and that their opinions are valid

when you die is 10x better than anything on currents

not even half as good as Let It Happen get real

mgmt is reddit tier psych

other bands like them include:
temples
king gizzard
unknown mortal orchestra
foxygen

PATRICIAN RANKING, COMING THROUGH:

Currents > Flying Microntonal Banana > Lonerism > Multi-Love (UMO) > Nonagon Infinity > Innerspeaker > Little Dark Age > Rest of King Gizz > Rest of MGMT

This is correct.

What do yall think of of Montreal?

Lonerism should be number one.

good grief

not a fair comparison because it's co-written by Ariel.

literal triple J listener tier opinion

BASED

of all the fan bases to start going at each other we’re really having a fucking Tame Impala vs. MGMT war right now

Christ

this guy knows his shit

note to self: don't come to Sup Forums on weekends when the normals flood in

Tame Impala is hands down the best band in the world right now. They are not pretty good, they are pretty incredible. But more than just how good they are, They represent the first ripple in a massive change that we are about to go through musically as well as culturally. I think that over the course of the next 10 years we are going to see a sort of mini-renaissance similar to what we saw in the late 50s-60s post war. With pot and gay marriage soon to be legal federally its gonna be a whole new world. 2012 end of the world isn't the end of human life, its the end of one way of thinking and the start of another. Pot...cash...crop...money! As someone already said here on reddit, The united states will be the only country in the world were pot is legal federally. We are gonna have jobs again, and money to burn. Money to spend on art and music. In a sense, a need will be created for GOOD art and music. Not something that is coldy manufactured by hitmakers. Tame Impala is leading the charge! They are proving that people CAN tell the difference between real and manufactured music! Im not saying Tame Impala are the next Beatles but they are making enough waves to make change. Moral of story, Tame Impala Rocks!!!! They (kevin park) are making real beautiful music that only happens when a talented person commits a lot of time to something that they are passonate about. Tame Impala is a real life "bedroom" band, they way it is meant to be .

why are there so many idiots claiming currents is good? the B sides were better than the actual album

you're the one voluntarily posting in, and complaining about, the most ironic thread on the whole board

i like his solo stuff but this was actually really bad

you cannot be serious

>lyrics
>guitar work

>CURRENTS IS DA BESD

It's good but not my favorite at least for me.

Lonerism is great but not as relatable as Currents for me. I could be okay with someone having either as their personal favorite based on how it relates to them.

Currents B sides would be below innerspeaker and above little dark age for reference.

struck a nerve eh poptimist?
and i wasn't trying to quote him

>Lonerism is great but not as relatable as Currents for me

now this is legitimate plebdom

>not having your favorite albums be relatable.

9 - Artistic Masterpiece
10 - Artistic Masterpiece with Personal Meaning (AKA, relatableness)

>unironically using poptimist

keep going you're making my night

so you relate to an album with simplistic lyrics aimed at the lowest common denominator of millennial?

not him but usually the more accessible and general lyrics are the more relatable they are

doesn't take a genius to figure that out

The lyrics should relate to anyone who's been on the bad side of a relationship & had to learn how to live on their own from it.

And since I'm an extremely emotional person and Breakups have nearly caused my death (only reason I'm alive is because I forgot the safety on a gun was on before pulling the trigger, people stopped me before I could figure out why it didn't work) than yeah, the lyrics relate to me extremely so.
Also this

Taken Impala is the most normie teen girl tier band. Currents was Kevin literally selling out. He’s DUDE PHASERS. His lyrics are the shittiest of all psych rock bands.

>Lonerism is great but not as relatable as Currents for me.
lol

spend time by yourself and drop acid by yourself -- its relatable as shit

what is it with people liking this bullshit album, rather than anything else APHG released? the doldrums shits all over this and he didn't even have real instruments for most of it lol fuck

I'm the guy you replied too and I'm literally coming down from an acid trip right now you fucking moon.

I drop acid once every 2-3 weeks.

t. listened to all of three psych rock bands

>I drop acid once every 2-3 weeks.
oh so youre a druggie idiot whose opinion is of no value, gotcha

Even for an accessible album Currents wasn't bad.

>dude you haven't done enough drugs you just don't get it
>wtf drugtard im not listening to you fuck off

jesus you're fucking stupid

If you're some other random nobody who gives a fuck mate, let people do what they want.

If you're the guy I was originally replying to than what the fuck is the difference between doing acid alone and a "druggie idiot"?
One trip a year? 2?

I work full time, I have community hobbies I'm very active in, and it doesn't impact my life negatively.

D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>T. Sociopath who will never feel love

probably just a frustrated virgin

I'd give anything to be able to kill Eric Harris

This

Soft Bulletin > MPP > Lonerism

sorry bruh

Came to say this.
It's true, y'all. He finally got his music to be more concise and effective. He has only gotten better since his beginning, so far.

I'm speculating the same.

what do you think the next album will sound like?

I'm honestly stumped on where he'll go next but I'm praying he goes a little less pop for the next one even though I love currents

Different user here.

Currents is my favorite as well, but I too am hoping it goes in a less poppy direction for the next project.

However I'm uncertain how it will sound too. I have a feeling it will either be extremely unique & incomparable to his previous works, or it will revert a little bit to the lonerism style with more electronics involved such as in Currents.

There's really so many ways he could develop his style that it's hard to say with certainity.
Until we have some singles I don't want to comment and claim to know what I'm talking about

>TAME AMPALA IS GUD XD

>revert a little bit to the lonerism style with more electronics involve

that’s honestly sounds amazing I wouldn’t mind him going in this direction at all even though I don’t think he will but like you said he has so many places he could go from here its hard to even speculate on what the next album will sound like

Mgmt>lame impala

Original user you replied to here – I hope he keeps his melodic sense, man. He's had it since the beginning, but god damn did every track on Currents have melody that just piqued my interest...almost always from the vocals, if not the lovely bass or the synths (or even his fucking drums!).

I'm expecting a poppier release first – obviously he's been working with SZA and Mark Ronson for a while, so I think we're going to get tracks kind of like that Calvin Harris remix of SZA's 'The Weeknd' (sounds gross, I know, but it was passable). I'd prefer more like Rihanna's cover of New Person, Same Old Mistakes – that tight instrumentation from Kevin with the girl's voice cooing on top.

Honestly Kevin produced so well on his own, I can't see how Mark Ronson would be helping besides trying to make the songs smash hits....which could come off super cheesily :/

So yeah, I'm expecting that poppier release first. Then after that, I'm expecting a darker sound. I don't want to say a 'Dark Currents', but like Innerspeaker hypnotic looping + the synths and bass work of Currents + Lonerism's psychedelic flange....but I think that Kevin will look back on his releases so far and see how they've all sounded so 'sunny', for lack of a better term. I'd hope that he'd then try and see how well he fares with actively trying to go for the opposite kind of sound....does that make sense?

Soft Bulletin = MPP = Lonerism

thanks bruh

I'm sorry, but even though the production on Currents was incredible and was a big step for Kevin, it will never surpass the quality of Lonerism. His greatest songs are literally in Lonerism. Besides, only fags from Reddit and basic Instagram bitches get wet over Currents.

His best song is Eventually though

Eventually doesn't come close to Apocalypse Dreams, Mind Mischief, and Music To Walk Home By. That's the deadliest trio I've ever seen placed in an album, it's so beautiful.

STOP POSTING

Provide me with an argument plz
Good taste, as those are my 3 favorite songs off of Lonerism.
But I still prefer *MOST* of Currents over Lonerism as a whole.

I think they're objectively probably tied in terms of quality & songwriting. I just happen to prefer the former.

To each his own, I'm in no way bashing Currents as an album. I love it as well, but some of the weaker tracks kinda ruin it.
Plus I've grown up with Tame since the EP came out 10 years ago, I loved them as a neo psychedelia band. The transition to the pop genre caught me off guard, but he crafted that shit down to a tee.