Is an associates degree even worth it these days Sup Forums? Is it a waste of money...

Is an associates degree even worth it these days Sup Forums? Is it a waste of money? Will it get you a job any more likely than a regular certificate or even a hs diploma with a lot of work experience?

22 y/o here thinking of going back to college for an associates. Am I too old now?

If you're going to do it, do it at a cheap ass community college who's credits will transfer to a state university where you can obtain a bachelors part time while working.

But yeah, trade school might be better if you just want to work and make money.

/thread

I am 2 classes away from aa and I'm not convinced it will help me at all

Mine never helped much in the jobs Ive worked, but i start uni in the fall and am glad i got those 2 years out of the way already.
I have no idea what to get my bachelors in but just having a bachelor opens up possibilities.

Hello OP yes I think it is worth it.

I just finished up at a local collage here, with 2 associates.

General education associates degree.
Associate of Science. (Transfer degree.)

I was a biology major, and took BIO class that was major level. Finished on Dean,s list and 3.8 GPA.

Pick a good school and dont use quizlet for everything, (just non major)

I am waiting to see about the economy before going after bachelors. Right now to finish the bachelors, it should take me less then 2 years at the expensive school. (Probably forensic science and more bio/chem)

I have zero debt and still accesss to pale grants.

If Hillary wins, ill take my associates and become a cop.

Trump wins, forensic scientist.(working for cops)

Arts....

No.

Take the college math, and better degree.

This.

I did take college math

I have a load of finance courses because I plan to go for bachelors one day.

I'm just saying I almost have aa and it doesn't really help my slave wages

Is an associates degree worth it?

You tell me.

I fully agree with you an Associate of Arts is useless.

For my Associates of Science.
I took college Algebra and calculus, intro physics.

My friend failed and changed his major AA, took.
Statistics 1 & 2.

Pretty big difference.

Currently in school for an aa in radiology tech. People in the medical field I've talked to say it's a good career and it's only a 2 year degree. After school I plan on moving to a state where the pay is higher too

Dirt cheap(or free depending on the state) an get a shitload of prerequisites out of the way if going for a bachelor's.

Also depend on your community college, they might really shine in some areas as well, like sports, industrial/welding/mechanics, farming, etc.

Im in instrumentation (with measuring equipment not musical) and people who get their associates here in the south start between 20-26 an hour. Id imagine itd be more if you go to a richer state

Pretty much 100% job placement unless youre a criminal or something. Ive seen people with a barely passing gpa get a job no problem

You know they're teaching some of that stuff extended as bachelor's in California now. At some CC's that is.

I went and earned an associates from a trade school in machining.

It means effectively nothing as anyone whos hiring for machining wants experience, not paper. Thus, its been 2 years since I left the school and I still havent found work.

Make sure your trade has a viable market before you fuck with it. If its over saturated or if its experience heavy, expect to be fucked around.

To add, you can continue to a bachelors and expect around 32 an hour. Lots of overtime too either way, whether thats a good or bad thing is your opinion.

Or, if youre willing to move, Ive been hearing about guys getting 150k/year in south dakota. It's miserable up there for a variety of reasons though

bro there is a two year waiting list just to get into radiology tech AA program at my local community college. you will make fair bank while getting experience, then maybe go for full radiologist in a few years. wise move and at least here in geriatric central (florida) you will never be unemployed.

I graduated as a rad tech in 2011 and I've been unemployed since then. Not much radiology jobs in my state :(

No jobs in rad tech in florida dude

It's a "might as well" situation.

A lot of the jobs that pay over fuckin $20k have an AA as a minimum requirement, It won't get you much, but it'll at least get you a job that pays over the poverty line.

It isn't a huge advantage, but it's still an advantage. And it costs next to nothing and takes only a few years at whatever pace you want.

Couldn't hurt.

quick scroogle on Monster. Remember you only need one.

no way this isnt a meme

>
>I graduated as a rad tech in 2011 and I've been unemployed since then. Not much radiology jobs in my state :(
>
>
>No jobs in rad tech in florida dude
Everyone I've every talked to has said "you'll always have a job", from nurses to vets to surgeons. If you haven't found a job I can only imagine you have really bad luck