Why does this band have such a huge following?

why does this band have such a huge following?
are they the TOOL of the 70s?
their music just seems to be standard rock with a couple 2deep4u gimmicks thrown in

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yO2n7QoyieM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they created music people enjoyed

there's lots of music that people enjoyed that was ephemeral
you know your answer is a bit disingenuous
clearly led zeppelin has the reputation of being something more than "enjoyable"

>their music just seems to be standard rock with a couple 2deep4u gimmicks thrown in
you have not listened to any led zeppelin

Since when did people say Zeppelin was deep. And when did they ever try to be #2deep4u

>are they the TOOL of the 70s?

This may be the most autistic thing I've read on this board

i'm listening to their discography literally right now as i type this
i'm trying to "get it" and apparently failing
you could correct me instead of pointing out the obvious
tell me what is so special about what i'm hearing

If you only listen to their singles, you might get the impression that they’re just a buttock band for nerds, but their albums are actually some of the greatest and most influential recordings ever made.

in 1969 their blend of blues and folk rock with a heavier edge was a sound that really never existed before in popular music outside of maybe Cream. Each member was a very skilled musician in their own right, and they gelled together very nicely. Jimmy Page's production skills were actually pretty ahead of the times, with his ability to fine tune sounds exactly how he wanted it like the drums on When the Levee Break's and the something like 15 overdubbed guitar parts on Achilles Last Stand. And the fact that they where extremely consistent and just could write some great songs, just listen to Physical Graffiti.

>tell me what is so special about what i'm hearing
stop asking people to spoon feed you about one of the most well-known bands in history. literally just listen to their discography and if you don't like it don't come crying here because nobody gives a fuck

>And when did they ever try to be #2deep4u
it just sounds like standard blues numbers but with a bunch of gimmicky stuff thrown in like organs and banjos, changing the atmosphere a few times in the song, singing unintuitive phrasing, or goofing around with the rhythm.
i can't remember which song it was but once i've already heard them trot out the old "stop mid song for a brief second then keep going b/c the brief silence is like deep"

Black Dog would have been the "hardest" rock song ever in 1971. They were doing something that didn't really exist at the time.

Everything you said in that is completely wrong.

Idk if there's any hope for you.
I don't have the time or motivation to tell you why you're wrong. Hopefully someone else will

ok so you can't answer the question because you have no knowledge so you instead assert that something is wrong with me for asking the question
nasty guy
since you have nothing to contribute maybe just don't post next time
something to consider

lmao standard radio rock
youtube.com/watch?v=yO2n7QoyieM

>why does this band have such a huge following?
>their music just seems to be standard rock

>70's popular music was still rock

You're so retarded that you answered you're own question and made a thread about it

The state of this board

>led zeppelin doesn't do 2deep4u gimmicks
funny that i read this right as the first few seconds of tangerine came on the playlist

Expanding a sound is not a "gimmick". They built a ton off old blues standards but they essentially re-wrote the book in the process. Every new thing in music is built off an old idea, and describing new elements as "gimmicks" is downplaying it a ton, especially because their "gimmicks" eventually became staples of rock music in the future.

also how come all of their songs are about having sex with women and at least once a song Robert Plant makes uncomfortable sexual moans into the microphone

They also sing about hobbits.

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA
You must have never heard of a little band called 'Black Sabbath'

You're literally asking him why people enjoy listening to what might be the most popular band of all time without considering the fact that you only get popular if your music is radio friendly,safe and un-experimental. You're the idiot here. Led Zep were a standard hard rock late 60s/70s band that got popular because they pioneered a sound that a lot of bands copied. They also built upon the sounds of Cream and Deep Purple so they were something different but had some kind of familiarity to them.

Pretty fucking obvious
>Many hit songs
>Variety of styles
>cool image
>mythological rock star behavior
>bandmate death from legendary level partying
>at least one movie
>John bonham was a really good drummer
>Robert plant while debatable on talent singing wise had a distinct memorable voice
>jimmy page was a great guitarist and song writer/stealer
>explosive rock and roll music
>highly influential
>still holds up pretty well today to the point where people my age listen to them
They're like the Doors or Nirvana or Hendrix or Bob Dylan or Floyd or Beatles. Some bands just stand the test of time whether that be through early deaths or image or whatever. I personally think music comes first and all of those artists music have stood the test of time.

lmao the desilusion tool fucking sucks, at least led zeppelin made some good tracks

Op is lactose intolerant.

This, they basically were one of the "better" hard rock beginners, and they made quality music.

>are they the TOOL of the 70s?

It's funny you mention that because it's actually Tool that are dull and overrated.

listen, it wasnt my intent to come off rude. At the end of the day I could lecture you about how culturally significant Led Zep was and how they influence musicians to this day, but at the end of the day who gives a fuck if you dont enjoy them. You are not required to like anything. However, I implore you to give their untitled album another listen. It is hard for me to listen to it and not feel awe inspired.

>Tool
>Bad
They may be a bit cheesy at times, but you can't deny that they make good songs user.

Literally which songs are you listening to.

Also nice bait.

Faggots always forget JPJ.
>God tier bass player
>Came up with most of the riffs (Immigrant Song, Black Dog, etc)
>Gets a synth one day
>Becomes a better keys player than a bassist
>Probably second-greatest keys player of all time (First is John Lord)

JPJ gets too much shit honestly
I think its because Jimmy and Plant buddy up to each other and JPJ and JB were close like that but since Bonham died Jones was kindof on his own. That and Jones said singing wasn't something that took a lot of skill and Plant never got over it.

I don't like most of their songs

i'm almost certain that is the point of the original post

Black Sabbath wouldn't have existed without Zeppelin.

He also wrote No Quarter and Trampled Under Foot. Ramble On is also the best bass line of all time.

See I agreed with this until listening to a few less famous bands that fucking destroyed that sound in the late 60's early 70's