Why So Much Hate For Them?

I've been browsing Sup Forums since 2014 and the hype for this band used to be huge. Why does everyone on Sup Forums hate them now? You can't deny they push boundaries with every release and have been a pretty consistent band (with the exception of Jenny Death being kinda bad IMO) Did the people who appreciate this band leave or are they just too "mainstream" for the new wave of hipsters on this board?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tQV98-UPIWk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>they push boundaries

This isn't always a good thing

I can understand this but they haven't put anything out that was terrible or worth hating on. The only thing I can understand them garnering hate for is that whole ordeal where they didn't show up for a gig.

>not listening to black quarter back every morning

It's always a good thing to push boundaries as long as you don't just try pushing the same boundary again after it doesn't work
You'd have a hard time arguing they ever really fell into a rut, they change it up constantly even if you've never liked it

they peaked at NOTM and continued trying to ride their meme status by doubling down on their sound as hard as they could. and the music just turned into shit.

Jenny Death and Bottomless Pit both sound nothing like NOTM and sound nothing like each other.

It's okay for artists stick with a sound and perfect it.

>Artist establishes a great sound
>Abandons it on all subsequent releases

Many such cases, etc.

>they push boundaries
Wrong, this shit has been done a hundred times
youtube.com/watch?v=tQV98-UPIWk

It is but that isn't what DG sets out to do. Plus DG haven't made anything terrible or poorly recieved even while being boundary pushing and changing their sound so what is wrong with it?

hype cycle and their fanbase is pretty cancerous and reddit
they aren't bad but they're extremely overrated, and no they haven't really pushed boundaries very much. listen to more music.

its just the fucking fanbase, honestly

It's fine to hone a sound, I'm just saying it's still good to push boundaries
They can both be good

People should be hating on their fanbase then not Death Grips themselves. I've heard some stuff that is in the same realm as Death Grips but I still come back to them because I feel as though they do it best.

>they're extremely overrated
no they aren't. the reason they seem that way is because they are genuinely one of the only bands today that is doing popular music on the same level as past greats like Led Zeppelin or Nirvana or the Doors.

NOTM sucked. Every song had the exact same schtick and they ripped it off Mouse on Mars and Amon Tobin

That is unironically more proto-Death Grips than Dalek, Techno Animal, and all the other shit people here mention

>Why does everyone on Sup Forums hate them now
because
>the hype for this band used to be huge

Fair answer I remember when 90% of Sup Forums was spammed DG threads around the time Jenny Death hype was at its peak.

>sites one example of a song that was made to cater to a spongebob episodes theme
>this shit has been done a hundred times

literally the rap equivalent of slayer

Elaborate.

lol were you even here when tms got a 10 from fantano
now that was shitposting

Its simple
Sup Forums cancer started spreading to all the other boards

Death grips are fantastic. A lot of their fans are garbage.

No!

Death Grips have made some of the best music of the last decade, their only non great project is Jenny Death

the only hate is from pleb soyboys and contrarians
most people still like it

contrarians and baitposters mostly, dg make objectively great music

The Money Store and No Love Deep Web seemed to age bad

A labryinth

nldw is their best album

most people on mu just like to shitpost and don't really express their opinions, it doesn't mean they're hated

That's a great album, Bottomless Pit is there only shitty one.

>Literally everyone I don't like is Sup Forums
If I could physically shit on only two things they would be Sup Forums and Death Grips. Get shot.

Turned Off, Beyond Alive and Centuries of Damn are super boring to me as well as Death Grips 2.0 being kinda nothing. The rest of the tracks are ok with On GP and Break Mirrors being highlights. Overall I'm not a big fan

Bottomless Pit also has a few weak tracks but the highs are super high imo: Ring a Bell, Spikes, 80808 etc.

>the highs are super high imo: Ring a Bell
death grips fans are confirmed to be nu-metal fans in denial

Steroids is peak DG. They improve with each release (aside from JD...).

>to each is own

>their most accessible album is their shittiest

No one wants to hear the same shit over and over again

Literally mostly because they aren't (seen as) obscure or anti-mainstream enough anymore for Sup Forums to like them.

i don't want to be a leddit grammar nazi but
>there

Weird, considering "Sup Forums" loves some of the most popular and mainstream music around.

but they both sound worse than NOTM
most of the songs on TPTB sound like the same punk song though

>Everybody hates them now
I dunno about that.

Reminder that you can always drop the "Literally" at the beginning of a sentence. Unless you want to stress the fact that you aren't making a metaphor.

>not listening to 12 instances of fuck me out all at once and all at different speeds every morning

Fixed that for u

>not setting You Might Think He Loves You for Your Money but I Know What He Really Loves You for It's Your Brand New Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat as your alarm so you can wake up with the sound of glass breaking

They’re trash

Sup Forums is a really impressionable board. It's as if there's a high user turnover rate or something.

They just aren't enjoyable to listen to. Its not pretty, its not graceful or well written...non-music