Be rockist

>Be rockist
>Be very passionate about my skills at guitar and looking forward to make music with my band
>Have car accident and have dificulties for moving my freting hand
>Doctor says I'll never be able to play guitar properly ever again, so I leave my band and give up rock music entirely
I want to transition into electronic music but I don't know shit about hardware or software, can you guys help me out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PQhTpgicdx4
youtube.com/user/SeamlessR
youtube.com/channel/UCFReVt5TAC1zGnuNkgHw-fg
syntorial.com/
youtube.com/user/MrBillsTunes
youtube.com/user/busyworksbeats
youtube.com/user/SadowickProduction
youtube.com/channel/UCf5UKh_cj2_5pUomhyswWYQ
youtube.com/channel/UCIWNozFjO8yVdJFsGKVmPgg
youtube.com/user/PensadosPlace
youtube.com/user/homestudiotutor/videos
youtube.com/user/ModernMixing/videos
youtube.com/user/nfxbeats/videos
youtube.com/user/imageline/playlists
youtube.com/channel/UCTUtqcDkzw7bisadh6AOx5w/playlists
youtube.com/user/Rhaptapsody/playlists
youtube.com/watch?v=M0IQlmY3N9s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, and you're a pussy for quitting.

fpbp

But I literally can't play instruments anymore. I'm being very positive by not quitting music entirely

um, just own a laptop, its super fucking easy

Well, I think you need to get as knowledgeable with electronic as you are with rock first.

Don't; you could still be a lead singer and lyricist! And plus, play an instrument that doesn't require advanced dexterity, like an Ocarina! You can fit it in Rock music!

Rude!

Then what? What software should I get? Do I need hardware like drum machines, samplers and stuff or am I good by jusy owning a laptop?

Skrillex made Bangarang on his MacBook in his hotel room
that EP won a Grammy

fucking Google, you whiny asshole, do something

You're absolutely sure there's no therapy or anything you can do to rebuild strength or work around it? Damaged fingers didn't stop Iommi or Django. You shouldn't give up so easily.

look up music software teir lists and choose something free to try out do thst you really know if you want to make music or not. It also might be worth it to get a keyboard

Fuck your doctor
youtube.com/watch?v=PQhTpgicdx4

t. drake bell

>makes up story and posts sad frog just to get advice on how to get into producing
>doesn't just visit /prod/ to save himself 5 minutes
intriguing...

first off, fuck what your doctor says and try to figure something out to play
that being said, if you want to get into producing, there are countless guides out there on the net, google is your friend

Dave Mustaine’s hand got nerve damage in 2002, his hand had a hard reset. His doc told him he’d never play again. Dave essentially had to both go through physical therapy to be able to even hold a pick and then AFTER that reteach himself to play guitar.
He was back to playing in a year and a half

dude, your doctor is a bitch.

Tony Iommi literally got his fingers chopped off in a factory, and a few years later he was laying down the greatest guitar tracks of all time with Sabbath.

Take a rest OP, and come back to it. That would make me happy. Fuck your doc.

Just start out with a laptop and a DAW. Learn the basics of synthesis, sound design, mixing, and your DAW's workflow. Don't sink any money into hardware until you kinda know what you're doing and you're sure of what you need. You might decide you don't even need hardware.

Ableton Live is a great DAW for electronic music, and you can find tons of tutorials for it on YouTube. Version 10 just came out. Don't get discouraged if you can't figure it out at first - there's a pretty steep learning curve, but it's worth it. There's a free 30 day demo, or you could torrent it. The downside is that it's expensive to buy if you go that route.

Here's a list of useful resources from the /prod/ thread OP:

>RESOURCES:

Sound Design:
>SeamlessR (in-depth music production and sound design tutorials, based on FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/SeamlessR

>Rocket Powered Sound (Constant quality uploads of various EDM sounds in Serum with explanations that help make something unique)
youtube.com/channel/UCFReVt5TAC1zGnuNkgHw-fg

>Syntorial (widely considered the best place to go to learn synthesis)
syntorial.com/

>Mr. Bill (Ableton based, some of the best sound design tutorials on the planet. Aimed more towards IDM-type stuff. He also posts his music here)
youtube.com/user/MrBillsTunes

>BusyWorksBeats (explains hip hop in very elaborate ways in FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/busyworksbeats

>Sadowick (explains old school electronic music in very elaborate ways in Ableton)
youtube.com/user/SadowickProduction

>ADSR Music Production Tutorials
youtube.com/channel/UCf5UKh_cj2_5pUomhyswWYQ

MIXING:

>Point Blank Music School
youtube.com/channel/UCIWNozFjO8yVdJFsGKVmPgg

>Pensado's Place
youtube.com/user/PensadosPlace

>Samori Coles (Compression, EQ, etc)
youtube.com/user/homestudiotutor/videos

>Modern Mixing
youtube.com/user/ModernMixing/videos

FL STUDIO:

>WarBeats (Getting comfortable in FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/nfxbeats/videos

>Image Line Tutorials
youtube.com/user/imageline/playlists

WRITING:

>12tone
youtube.com/channel/UCTUtqcDkzw7bisadh6AOx5w/playlists

>Micheal New
youtube.com/user/Rhaptapsody/playlists

You'll coward

youtube.com/watch?v=M0IQlmY3N9s

Maybe you could try learning to fret with your other hand.
That's probably just as time-consuming as learning another entire instrument.

I got a harmonica when I had tendon problems and I got to keep playing music, as for computer if you want to do anything decent you need at least an ok pc

oh yeah and learn how to sing that esp will let you keep playing in a rock band it's not that bad. dont worry about people hearing you either. Get an ok microphone I recommend the om2 for a good 100 dollar mic, put headphones in and set the latency on your pc as low as possible (