Eurobro on extended stay in America here...

Eurobro on extended stay in America here. How is it that Americans just go up to random strangers and start making conversation? I've noticed this phenomenon is especially prevalent in the Midwest. This would be considered very odd where I'm from.

Idk man Its just how we are. I notice in euro countries people dont make eye contact as you walk by. Try making eye contact and just about everyone will nod at you or smile. At first i thought you guys were beta but realized its just the way you are.

Also if it bugs you dont be afraid to say I gotta go or you cant talk now. No one will get butthurt.

go to any major city and you'll notice people are less friendly, no matter which country you're in

presumably, your extended stay in america is an extended stay in flyover country, where people are more spread out and personable

The excessive niceness and politeness seems disingenuous a lot of the time.

I've noticed this too.They also are very hesitant to take off their jacket while out at like a resturant or musem.

It may be but most the time people arent going to go out of the way to be fake unless they benefit in some way.

thats because you're in the midwest. Its like the anus of america

I'm in sales. I talk to people for a living. I just naturally strike up conversations with interesting looking people. I can't help it. Sorry.

It's like there are these diferent places with different ways of doing things. Fucking weird. I know.

lol yeah ok. Cheap food and standard of living. Basically no niggers or mexicans. Low crime (save for the big cities).

I'm a massive autist so I don't do that but my dad does. It's so weird.

Talked to a french guy a while back that said I'd get abused if I just came up and had a chat in France. How hard is it to be friendly?

It happened to me when I visited the states too, but I didn't mind at all. People are very polite here and it happens too

Literally never happens. I live in MA and strangers never talk.

Happens to me almost daily. Sometimes 2-5 times.
Apparently I have an appearance that makes white middle class people (and sometimes black women) want to talk to me all goddamn day.

>I've noticed this phenomenon is especially prevalent in the Midwest
It's because the Midwest was primarily a rural agricultural area. The towns were small and everyone knew each other and was white. It was safe to approach people.

>Holy shit. Americans actually acknowledge others exist. How fucking bizarre!

Yeah, weird as fuck.

Yeah they are real cunts there. In the uk and italy people wouldnt start convo but if i did they wouldnt shut up and if i ran into them again they acted like we were good friends.

People are nice here.

>detroit
>chicago
kys