Any really good music that primarily involves this?

Any really good music that primarily involves this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PoJKpE165_w
youtu.be/ZyURjdnYQaU
yokokaneko.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/cd-bach-maj510-english-notice.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=RFxRTLmtsbE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes.

Quite a lot of it OP

no, sorry. 118 years of music and no one has every made anything worth listening to with a piano.

Kooooooooln Concert

An interesting topic. I personally consider the fortepiano an abhorrent instrument. A clavichord/harpsichord can always sound good if you play fast enough and an organ can always sound good if you play slow enough. The fortepiano does not have tricks like that. So it's tricky. It's actually cruel to put a kid in front of a piano to check for 'talent' as only a few adults were able to tame it... and among those few I appreciate only two: Beethoven and Satie.

Moonlight Sonata (10 Hours edition)

youtube.com/watch?v=PoJKpE165_w

CHOPIN IS JUST SLOWED DOWN BEETHOVEN

shit, i meant to say slowed down Mozart
i hate Mozart

Why?

SHE PACKED MY BAGS LAST NIGHT
PRE-FLIGHT

youtu.be/ZyURjdnYQaU

Sure, only some of the best music ever written (I recommend skipping the very first track tho - well overplayed)

no rational reason, he's just annoying

Chopin is much faster than Mozart tho, and in a completely different style.

But that music was not written for piano, dear user... although I must confess I like to compare different interpretations, especially on Goldberg Variations, from Japanese machine guns to Jewish gay orgasms

Yes, it's like sped up Beethoven isn't it?

>that music was not written for piano
It was written for clavier, which could be any keyboard instrument. In the Baroque times this could mean harpsichord, clavichord or the fortepiano - which is the forerunner to the modern piano. Playing the piece on piano is simple the logical progression from the fortepiano. The Fortepiano has an interesting and unique sound, but the modern piano allows the notes alone to do the talking without any extra "fluff" as you would hear on a fortepiano or harpsichord. The piano has a much purer sound, allowing for a lot of clarity, which is especially important in highly polyphonic pieces, and especially important in Bach where up to 4 or 5 voices can be playing equally important melodies at the same time.

Besides, OP asked for good music that primarily involves piano, not music that was specifically written for piano and piano only.

Not really. Beethoven was not great at writing melodies. Chopin was excellent at writing melodies and essentially wrote bel canto for the right hand.

One thing Mozart and Chopin did have in common is they were always writing opera no matter what genre or instruments they were actually writing for.

But Mozart was great at writing melodies wasn't he?
Did Chopin also sing? Ahahaha

>But Mozart was great at writing melodies wasn't he?
yes.
>Did Chopin also sing?
Not that I'm aware of. Certainly not for performances. He was a parlor pianist, that was his job.

>In the Baroque times this could mean harpsichord, clavichord or the fortepiano
the fortepiano did not exist in Bach's time (at least not practically and in any case not in Bach's presence)
it also sounds awful when played on the organ. the notes get smushed together and it sounds like an elephant with a cold
>logical progession
bitch please

Hey, how could he do proper counterpoint, the one you talk about, without
a) proper singing
b) writing chorales*
*ok, he wrote some, but didn't publish them... not enough experience in any case
Something is seriously fishy with Chopin
Or was he just such a big autist?

>the fortepiano did not exist in Bach's time (at least not practically and in any case not in Bach's presence)
Check your history books my friend. Bach played and was involved in the development of fortepianos in his area.
Gottfried Silbermann was designing fortepianos and Bach played a few of his designs, eventually quite liking them:

yokokaneko.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/cd-bach-maj510-english-notice.pdf

>how could he do proper counterpoint, the one you talk about, without
>a) proper singing
>b) writing chorales*
You can learn counterpoint without singing. Thats easy. Its likely he did do species counterpoint, and certainly he knew how to use it even if most of his music was homophonic.
Writing chorales isn't the only way to learn counterpoint.

Chopin studied formally at the Warsaw Conservatory, so whatever method they used to teach counterpoint at that time in that place would be the way he learned.

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=RFxRTLmtsbE

>designing
>not practically
Were you saying...?
p.s. poo in the loo
He's still fishy
He obviously had talent, I don't think he churned out the counterpoint mechanically