/classical/

Post one hit wonders.

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. is kill. rip Papillons
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #7. kill
>General Folder #8. The user who made this loves the yellow piss of DG on his face. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SAFjOcOv868
youtube.com/watch?v=auwPo72ju7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=lXLHGZpDhFk&list=PL4991435DC2E3575C
scaruffi.com/music/essentia.html
twitter.com/rustlefunk/status/965149465001644032
youtube.com/watch?v=Yot1zZAUOZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=uxiqi1SMhaI
youtube.com/watch?v=fuPDMhyGKB8
youtube.com/watch?v=JEY9lmCZbIc
youtube.com/watch?v=DQeahga0dFA
youtube.com/watch?v=CrJC7l5Pn-k
youtube.com/watch?v=0LrMUi76Vy0
open.spotify.com/user/anonaye/playlist/69fNbGfcra6S0C0lWQ4iZJ?si=Gmf3iPB2R6qWJIhoGSnXtA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Aww sweet maybe this time I can get a response!

Anyway, so Musicbrainz Picard is great for tagging classical music consistently. Does anyone have a good file name template for classical music they could recommend??

Major key music is objectively better than minor key music. Discuss.

How can you discuss facts? Only Thovenplebs would try and argue otherwise.

Even Beethoven's major music is better. Take the Waldstein, for example.

Beethoven

youtube.com/watch?v=SAFjOcOv868

What makes you say that?

Major music can convey intense happiness and joyfulness not found in minor music, while also having the possibility to convey serenity, melancholy, spirituality and also the intense longing and sadness found in minor keys, just with more subtlety and tact.

Final movement of Waldstein is sooo good

dont like the way his fingers hit the keys

Hey, quick question. Can you actually write a 12 tone fugue. Isn't the point to not repeat anything but you'd have to repeat the subject for it to be a fugue. Or am I the nigger in this situation

Beethoven is Romantic

>Beethoven is either a 100% romantic or classical composer
>periods don't overlap

t this song sad so romantic

>what is the evolution from empfindsam style to early romanticism
>what is Sturm und Drang
>what is proto-Romanticism

12 tone sucks

music sucks

t Implying proto-anything is that

Where do I start with Scriabin. Apart from his sonatas, and preferably piano stuff unless its good

>Scriabin
Do a 360 and walk away.

no because I like his 5th sonata

I'm so sorry for you

Why do you not like Scriabin?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pc0i5HO9j4

No key > minor key > major key

>Beethoven
>Composer and pianist, regarded by many as the first Romantic-era composer

Pick two.

He's a composer, so he's not romantic

Gee I sure love these classical works!
youtube.com/watch?v=auwPo72ju7Q

What a fucking pleb lmao back 2 Leddit you go.

His Poems are god-tier. Vers la flemme, 2 nocturnes, the Polonaise op. 21 and Fantasie op. 28, Valse op. 38. His symphonies aren't bad either; the 1st one is pretty neat and obviously the Poem of Ecstasy and Prometheus.

t. Somebody who doesn't actually listen to classical music

I haven't even listened to him desu I just like being contrarian with modernist music

I have ascended, you fucking plebshit.

Okay somebody, anybody, i need help.
Basically, what are the essential works, from a variety of different composers and a variety of different periods, that you would generally determine to be the best of the best in terms of how interesting and impressive it is. No i dont want any meme pieces like whatever the trout mask replica equivalent is. just whatevers fairly accessible while still being unique. i have tried looking myself but its all so overwhelming, could you help me start?

youtube.com/watch?v=lXLHGZpDhFk&list=PL4991435DC2E3575C

>wow, goteem
could you be a bit more general? i dont really want to start with a single piece in weeb form

scaruffi.com/music/essentia.html

>I have ascended to fucking plebshit.
fixed

start with Mozart and Bach

Can someone identify what piece of music is playing over this. I know it's very famous but I can't name it

twitter.com/rustlefunk/status/965149465001644032

thank you both

how can i find verklarte nacht so beautiful, but not any of schoenbergs atonal works beautiful at all, i don't think he purposely wrote bad music, so i must be at fault in someway

youtube.com/watch?v=Yot1zZAUOZ4

That piece is barely atonal to be honest. Schoenberg was always very romantic in his core though.

Bach, Art of Fugue, Musical Offering, Brandenburg Concertos, The well-tempered clavier
Mozart, Piano Concerto #24
Haydn, String quartet Opus 76, No. 4 ("Sunrise")
Schubert, String quartet #14 "Death and the Maiden", Unfinished symphony.
Beethoven, All of it except the early stuff(check the opus number), late string quartets are exit level.
Brahms, Violin Concerto
Wagner, Tristan und Isolde

Oh ok.

It's okay user you can listen to Mozart all your life.

The Gurre-Lieder gets me even more. Schoenberg was so good at orchestration.

Out of curiosity, how do you tell if you're compositions are something at their core?

Has a universal music theory ever been proposed? Like a very abstract theory that kind of summarizes the commonalities between all tonal languages?

idk, but the harmonic series is a good starting point.

But that has sections which go into a minor key. When you have a good balance of the two, there is a powerful effect which is found in that sonata.

sure but Id consider that more the natural phenomenon on which theory is based.

Daily reminder that I, a mere brainlet, came up with a more efficient system of musical notation.

>Daily reminder
Get off the board pollock

what about moveable Do?

Reminder.

True

youtube.com/watch?v=uxiqi1SMhaI
youtube.com/watch?v=fuPDMhyGKB8
youtube.com/watch?v=JEY9lmCZbIc

How exactly is this better?

every note will be 4 lines/spaces away from its last position. But three key signatures has to be better than 15 I would think

I'll change to the system if you personally transcribe all music recorded by Beethoven and Mozart and Wagner to this system.

>when someone tells you they love classical and you ask them their favorite pieces
>they reply with, "oh i dunno, just whatever is on the study playlist on youtube"

>Copland isn't a good compo....

youtube.com/watch?v=DQeahga0dFA

er

-ser.

Oh don't worry, I'm not suggesting this system should supplant the current one. Its just in a previous thread I said "musical notation is retarded and anyone could come up with a better system for putting music down on paper) and of course everyone said I was an idiot, so I thought I would just go ahead and knock out a system with more integrated heuristics. I would put some serious thought into coming up with something more sophisticated before endeavoring to take up your challenge. And even that would likely be a waste of time.

>The Scriabincuck is a mozart hater
Contrarian confirmed

You can't just make up a system and proclaim it to be better. Put it to use and see how it works and then maybe we can discuss it. I don't personally believe this would be a better system.

No, I literally can. That's my point. If there was something inherently beneficial about the regular musical staff then I would back off but its the Finnish of musical communication.

did you not read his post? you can't tell whether or not it is superior without applying it

so how does it work?

Let's see. The system I provided a) localizes all the relevant information about the note value b) significantly reduces the need for memorization of specific information c) makes for more axiomatic reading. This doesn't even have to do with music, just language in general.

You expect too much from /classical/

>only 3 key sigs

??

petzold

"not repeating anything" in 12 tone music is a myth.

I think Bach used a 12 tone row in one of his fugues, so you can definitely use a 12 tone subject, but treated tonally.

Bartok and Schoenberg both wrote 12 tone fugues so they're certainly possible

Anyone else get into classical after getting into prog rock?

youtube.com/watch?v=CrJC7l5Pn-k

Okay I was just wonder, because I know there's a difference between having a row in tonal music and having 12 tone music without a tonal center. I just figured I'd ask.

What do y'all think about based Sigurd Rascher and classical saxophone in general? Post classical that include saxophones.

youtube.com/watch?v=0LrMUi76Vy0

thank god schoenberg emancipated us from dissonance so we don't have to listen to braindead faggots like this guy

can you show how this work as your signs aren't explained thanks senpai

so is this coupled with standard notation? can you show an example of how this works? i'm curious

why is he so perfect bros?
>the last in the line of the german grandmasters
>perfectly combined romantic expressivity with classical balance and craftsmanship
>wrote passages of such dense and adventurous harmony that they still confuse theorists today
>mastered all forms (exempting his justifiable disinterest with the lowly opera)
>hated the soyfrogs with a passion
>came from a working class background, appreciated folk music, and avoided religious nuts
>wasa qt
>cucked faggot schumann

Share your playlists
open.spotify.com/user/anonaye/playlist/69fNbGfcra6S0C0lWQ4iZJ?si=Gmf3iPB2R6qWJIhoGSnXtA

>lowly opera
Faggot

there are only a handful of composers who have elevated opera to the heights of other forms such as that of sonata and brahms wasn't stupid enough to try when masters before him did it better than he could

spoiled myself with Richter's Matthew's/John's Passion and can't listen to any other conduction of it. HELP

>Brams: 7 May 1833 – 3 April 1897
>Wagner: 22 May 1813 – 13 February 1883
Wagner was literally 20 years older than Brahms and died about 14 years earlier. While I dig Brahms, he couldn't out compose Wagner

Rossini, "The thieving magpie" overture.

Verkarte Nacht is before he went atonal.

Not your fault if you do or don't like a particular piece.

>find other baroque choral works that Richter conducted
>listen
>???
>profit

but I enjoy Richter's interpretations, that's the problem

I mean we can't all be born faggots, gotta play with the cards you've been dealt

You might like the Nuclear Whales Saxophone Orchestra

link me the best conducting of Matthew's Passion

Opera doesn't need to be elevated and you're a bitch for saying it does

I personally can't say, I haven't sat though any other version other than Richter's yet. I'm more of a Stravinsky, Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner guy who's getting more into Brahms. I do listen to Bach quite often, but it's usually his solo instrument pieces, I haven't dug deep into his choral pieces much.

Already know them, got anything else?

Who is that?

I used to love Shotakovich but then I heard Mahler. Every trick this Slavshit ever pulled is present in Mahler's 5th or 6th.

How the hell did he get away with this?

Mahler is the most underrated composer of all time.

>composed like 10 pieces
>plebs try to place him alongside Bach and Mozart whose catalogues run over 1000 and 500 respectively
>underrated