Americans looking for N. Korea on a map

Is this real? Are these paid actors? Do they only show the dumbest people? Or does the average American really suck at geography that much?

youtube.com/watch?v=-ugJZhL-cbc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q566ys0sqVQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sUW4LjXJCvw
boredpanda.com/americans-place-european-countries-on-map/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kinda reminds me of this

youtube.com/watch?v=q566ys0sqVQ

Never trust American television. It's all left leaning bias.

With that being said, it could actually be true because plenty of my fellow Americans are fucking retarded.

America is such a retard nation lmao

Hillary voters

>3 point to Canada

They pass out useless humanities degrees to them like toilet paper though, so technically they are "educated".

aahahahahaha
>le best country

ahahahahaha yeah sure

m.youtube.com/watch?v=sUW4LjXJCvw

Americans don't need to know where North Korea is because anything outside their country is irrelevant.

In the defense of the americans, they can afford the luxury of being retarded.

Can you say the same? Ignorance is bliss.

Except the country we keep threatening.

These are hard, desu

Girl in the pic is really cute, so she doesn't need brains

>canada, probably quebec
>middle east
>russia?
>china
>let's just nuke asia, sooner or later we will hit em'
>quebec again
>middle east again
>quebec again
>south america
>australia
>kyrgyzstan?
>argentina, what did I do?
>india
>mongolia
>south east asia
>pakistan, afghanistan and iran?
>australia again
>china
>oman

Why do they choose literal dumb looking young people? Find some fathers walking around with kids and ask them. You'd get alot more right answers.

North Korea probably won't exist any more within the year, so it's not such a big deal

>Find carucus, Venezuela on a map
I wouldn't do it out of principle.

>Latin Americans butthurt in comments as usual

desu most people can't point most countries capital in the map

this

I can, im very good at geography... Jokes aside.

They still don't know where korea is tho

hahahahaHAHAHAHAH

They won't have to know it in the future, is the point. It'll just be "Crater 1 zone" to kids in the future

>North Korea
>only 2010s kids will remember this

Including you if you truly think mental retardation is only exclusive to the left

indeed

finns btfo

they ask a bunch of random people then edit out the smart ones

simple

It's useless information
I know all the countries and their capitals but everyone calls me autistic

they're the same kind of people who would call you a fag for being able to read though

>unironically asking which country is in the "Axis of Evil"

boredpanda.com/americans-place-european-countries-on-map/

It's very real

>humanities degrees
But that would imply good knowledge of history and geography, no?

No, I know engineers that don't give a shit about geography. Most Americans just don't care about other countries. I don't really understand why people find this knowledge to be so important, anyway, it's never helped me in life.

It's the lack of that knowledge that gives the world the impression that ALL Americans are dumb and ignorant, regardless of how educated they are.

The only degree in the US that would have any teaching of geography is a history degree and even then most people with history degrees specialize in American or European history so I wouldn't expect most history majors to know where north korea is.

>American history
>What is the Korean War?

>degrees specialize in American or European history so I wouldn't expect most history majors to know where north korea is.
It's fucking retarded. If you're into history & geography, you should be able to pinpoint exact or fairly approximate locations of every country. If you're studying the XV to XVII centuries Holy Roman Empire, it doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to localize fucking Korea or Thailand.

Yeah, but does it really matter? Americans don't care what people in third world countries think. Argentines could know all the countries and capitals and Americans could not be able to find their own state on a map but at the end of the day our country is much more successful in the fields that actually matter and that has allowed us to amass more wealth than any other country in the world.
The pursuit of knowledge in such fields as geography or general knowledge is rather trivial to be honest. I really don't understand why foreigners hold these fields to such esteem while their programs in the sciences are abysmal, they lack innovation and miss out on the most important things in life.

Euros have lots of science programs and innovation in many fields, and to them, just like to us, Americans seem dumb and ignorant

A very tiny point in American history that doesn't require precise geographic understanding. Even for it's time period, the Korean War is overshadowed by many other things.

Why would they show someone who does know where it is? These videos are stupid

A war that is literally not taught in schools

In the US the only modern war they talk about is WW2 and maybe Vietnam

You keep saying we and us like you actually contribute to anything. I highly doubt you do much though you useless sack of shit. The American people are leeches who leech of the hard work of others, usually the top 1%.

I disagree. With the exception of England, European science and innovation is not even in the same league as America. And funny enough, people would say that the English are the most ignorant people in Europe.

Sometimes it's hard not to hate Americans.

>knowing where Korea is
>precise geographic understanding

Yet it still is an important point in Contemporary history, setting the foundations for the conflict that is currently going on

do it then
baby tier

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of geopolitics and economics if you think America's success is due to "leeching of the hard work of others". Innovation is driven by those at the top which in turn creates jobs at the bottom. The job creators are not leeches for without them their would be nothing for those at the bottom in the first place.

Rare Photograph of the fatal error of the american president during the planning phase that eventually led to the devastating finnish-amerucan war

american defense minstry ca. 2017 (colorized)

I would hate the shit out of America if I were German. We kicked your ass in two world wars and then extracted all of the top minds in your country, leaving your country to be a deteriorating and islamified nation which is commencing to manifest in every facet of German life. I sincerely pity you but I refuse to apologize that your ancestors made massive fuckups that lead to such a downfall.

Not him, how'd I do?

A lot of the progress in your country was due to qualified immigrants and brain drain

I'm not a German so I'm immune to your banter attempts

Cos they don't give a fuck about the slant eyed fuckers

Everyone in this video would have voted for Bernie. Maybe a few of the girls for Clinton.

RAUS RAUS RAUS RAUS RAUS REEEEE

As much as I despise the current POTUS, it's an objective fact that his supporters have superior geographic understanding than the average American.

>according to a new poll, a majority of Americans, 57%, believe that North Korea's nuclear program is a critical threat to the United States
That's what Jimmy Kimmel said in the video

>asking women questions like this

fuck, im going to have a heart attack. i can understand that they dont know where korea is exactly but pointing at one of your only two neighbours as korea is fucking retarded

Americans

My words hold true more or less to every European nation. If you're not European then your country is likely an even bigger failure.

hey ivan prepare your ass for some spicy american banter

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HMMMMMMMM

Don't get me wrong, I think America is a great country, but people like you kinda ruin it for me. I keep telling myself that people with your attitude are just a minority but the more time I spend on Sup Forums the more I doubt this

to be fair, Liechtenstein is pretty much the absolute best to be born in

i played a shit ton of grand strategy games and even I wouldn't get this

Why do the audience clap your stupidity, fucking double digits?

>using 66.57% more electricity
no thanks sweety

I hate this joke of a country

all fairly right except for the most important one, Montevideo
6.5/10

I attended elementary school in the US (K-3) and at that level we had to thoroughly learn American geography
today I can still remember a bunch of the no-name bumfuck towns that are state capitals

but world geography? not from my experience. hopefully it gets taught at higher levels

>A lot of the progress in your country was due to qualified immigrants and brain drain
That says a lot about the countries who were not good enough to drain brains, and even more about the countries whose brains were drained.

That says more about their power grid and seasonal weather than anything.

>Post grade degree
>53%
And the USA is not even a low IQ country by American standards, kill me please.

Our public schools focus heavily on Pre-American Revolution up to the Industrial Revolution.
Kids will learn names of towns and colonies but they won't be able to associate them. All they know is that these are places that exist and that they are on the eastern seaboard.

It's only at high school are kids able to associate names to actual locations.

Masters degrees are just fancier bachelors degrees.
PhDs are a way of life. Those guys don't give a shit about anything other than their research. It's totally unsurprising that PhDs don't know shit about anything that is not in their field. That's how specialized those degrees are supposed to be.

and it seems to gloss over the time from 1800-1860, apart from footnotes on the Lousiana Purchase, """winning""" the War of 1812, and the economic/demographic growth of the country

which is a shame, cause a lot of important and interesting things happened in this era

>Argentines could know all the countries and capitals
kek, you have no idea how dumb the average 3rd worlder is.

You should know, you're a third world country

> innovation in many fields
lmao, all relevant and successful innovations, from space exploration to fucking internet and iphones are all american.
euros eat shit.

>mom, i am being edgy to an american. he gives me (yous). do i win?
typical underage retard. i bet you post on /lat/ too.

>space exploration
Russians did it first, nazi scientists pioneered the field in your country
>internet
Brits had a big hand on it
>iphone
>
>

Part editing out the people who get it right part actors.

Stop memeing about American education. Unless you live in a dead-poor shithole or were homeschooled by retards you'll be perfectly knowledgable of geography and history.

>muh european rocket scientists
>beagle 2
hahahaha. mars is american!

internet (arpanet) was a us govt project, nothing to do with UK. also, those are a couple of examples. even your shitty country wouldnt survive with the monsanto's genetically modified soybeans. look it up. every piece of technology that you use or know is probably american. usa #1. deal with it.

europoors and shitskins are just butthurt that americans are too busy living in the greatest country and undisputed ruler of the universe to give enough of a fuck to acknowledge the existence of their irrelevant shitholes

no american cares to know where north korea, kyrgyztan or whatever useless shithole is located and rightfully so

you sound like a very spoiled child who cries when people have different opinions.
well, that is American politics in a nutshell.

that's not "opinions". that's shitposting.

Finland is now #1 US ally.

great post my friend

Finland is now prized and celebrated princess of USA that nobody can touch.

Memes aside, yes, the bad at geography meme is true.
Most Americans don't even know where other states are.

Well said binland
fuck butthurt 3rd worlders

*sends billions in aid*

They don't even know the difference between South Korea And North. While their elites are very smart, Majority of the people are incredibly stupid, that is American.

Americans are some really cringeworthy folks

yeah, mr foreign shitskin, i always forget what state i live in. so i need to check my drivers license.