ITT Let's Hear Your "Common Sense" Gun Regulations

And embarrass yourself

Anyone supporting gun control is tried for treason and hanged.

Heres another perspective. Considering a president acts as the face of the nation. If Donald Trump gets into office, he should emphasize gun safety and responsibility as a tenant of his administration. Doesn't that create an impactful sentiment, or would it all just be show?

Ban cars.

Any mental disabilities is an automatic no. If you had any psychiatric help in the last 2-3 years its a no.

flippy uppy shoulder things just make it easier to kill babies, it's called science.

but i wouldn't expect a redneck like you to understand science.

Is it not much easier to aim with the first one ? Need some american expertise there

I would at least give .01% of a shit about what they were saying if they had .01% of a fucking clue what they were talking about.

Are you under some impression that the government keeps records of all people who went to see a psychiatrist? You're wrong if you think so.

>barrel shroud
>shoulder thing that goes up
>pistol grips
>BAYONET LUGS LEL
>flash hiders/muzzlebrakes
>extending stocks

>Is it not much easier to aim with the first one ?
no, that's the job of the sights. that's why they're called that
the grip just changes how you hold the rifle

Gunfags aren't the smartest people around from what I've gathered here. Just have a little little checkbox in the paperwork and hold it for a while.

>any psychiatric help in the last 2-3 years

Do you know how many normal people see a shrink?

Institutionalized? Okay.

The real purpose of the pistol grip to allow the using to easily shoot the weapons over and around cover.

grenade launchers

No guns for everybody
no guns for the civilian
no guns for the police
no guns for the security guarding politicians
no guns for the military

How about this one:

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Yeah, its just for holding it more comfortably

>How you hold the rifle

Indeed, I felt like the position of your hand allows for better aiming. The second looks uncomfortable as hell.

I showed my wife my ar15, and she wanted to hold it. She put the stock over her shoulder like it's some sort of bazooka.

She'd fired a .22 before. She knew how to hold that.

This is what the uninformed public thinks of scary black guns... they just assume they're crazy war guns.

Have fun being conquered then ;^)

>implement tax breaks for regularly (every 5-10 years, whatever) attending an authorized gun safety course and demonstrating a reasonable proficiency with your firearm of choice
>more people grow to understand guns and are less afraid of them
>???
>profit

Checked and FPBP in one fell swoop.

Great plan! Now people will actively avoid mental health treatment to avoid such regulations and stigma. Nothing better than untreated crazies buying guns.

Unmanned predator drones controlled by skynet will be our only defense

>I want to kill over half the country, and I think this is somehow ok in the constitution and is not insane at all

Get droned, terrorist.

Hell, no, pistol grip rifles are awkward as fuck. I find a smooth transition to the stock more natural and comfortable.

But user, anyone who has been institutionalized by court order is already barred from owning a gun. If you choose to go to rehab or choose to go somewhere of your own volition you can still buy but if you were mandated by the courts to go to an institution for treatment you cant exercise your 2A rights.

>you require a license to own guns
>similar to car license where you need to pass a basic test
>every year you have to update your license with what guns you have recently purchased
>can be done via mail or online tho
>selling guns privately has to be documented in the yearly check too

>""""our"""" defense

In my country you either need a hunting license which you get from studying and passing a test or you have to be a member of a gun club in order to buy a firearm, and most people can't be bothered.

Also we don't have dedicated gun stores. You have to go to the hunting section in a sports store and they only sell two-barrel shotguns and semi-automatic rifles (or what's it called when you have to pull that thing back and forth for each shot). I don't actually know if it's possible to legally purchase any other type of firearm here even with a license or a club membership.

>owning a car is protected by the Bill of Rights

I like the "3-day waiting period" so that police and the FBI can look into your background and determine if there is reason to withhold weapons from you due to terrorist connections.

I also think if they agree that if your purchase should be withheld, that there should be a period that the person can find out why the purchase was withheld, and and to protest it (within 1 month of attempt of purchase).

During this time, of course, if the person is actually a suspected terrorist, then they should be watched by police in case they try to go build some bombs or something that they can be watched better.

If the person is withheld for any suspicions other than terrorism or terrorism connections, and it seems like the person was put on a watch list out of political or revenge tactics, then they should be able to receive $5000 at the end of their protest. This is if the "suspicions" seem to be for anything other than terrorism or terrorism connections.

Have you ever held a rifle? The second gun is one of the most natural feeling and ergonomic objects ever created

If those people want to pick apart the constitution and infringe on our rights, then its hypocritical for them to use that same document to protect themselves from harm

But user untreated crazies are already buying guys and thats the proplem.

I'm more worried about a Sup Forumsfag across my street than I am of Tyronn in the ghetto.

>tenant

>That bill of rights can't be changed

>protip: it's the same rifle

>Benelli mr1
>automatic

It's a semi automatic

>The Bill of Rights should be changed in regards to car or gun ownership

tenets whatever

>Grip and stock have no effect on anything
>Conservative logic

>bullpup mini-14???

Breivik would approve

They don't

You don't need a license to own a car, only to drive it on PUBLIC roads. The closest parallel to guns is carrying, which most states already require a license and course for.

>over half

All enemies, foreign and domestic.

Than there shouldn't be any issue getting rid of them eh?

>needing a license to buy a car
What?

Retard detected

There are 300+ million guns and only 10,000 killed a year

Yes, the tactical assault stock helps lone wolves kill babies at a much higher rate.

They also don't track everything you do online.

only sell to white people who are married
>no black thugs
>no white beta virgins
>no asians looking for "muu honor"

I can put a 30 rd magazine in my mini and this thing can do exactly what an AR-15 can

Fuck off

ban assault rifling
ban assault clipazines
ban assault triggers

Background checks for every gun sale, private or public.

When was the last time it was changed?

1992 was the last time there was an Amendment

>Do you know how many normal people see a shrink?
No, do you?

Lmaoing at ur life right now autist

Yeah, and if you kill someone you don't get your gun or car taken away

>I don't think they're necessary so you shouldn't have them
Thanks mom

As I said, I guess its just me, I'm not a huge gunfag like half of Sup Forums grips just feel better to me.

Jesus fuck I wish gunfags would leave.

And now we know why they really dragged us to couple's counseling.

But that's a black and scary military grade weapon

No wonder it can do just as good as babby killer A(dolph's)R(evenge)-15(million)

Because freedom.

I can pass a law limiting the number of privately owned Bridgeport mills you can own. Will it affect anything? No. Why enact, enforce and criminalize something that has no reasoning behind it?

For the most part, stock grips on weapons are shaped nearly identically to pistol grips. On my rifle it feels pretty much the same, yet my rifle is not regulated like an AR or AK and is 100% just as lethal, designed for combat, and used by military/SWAT. Only difference is the stock extends from the back of the grip, and not from a point above it.

Fuck you, I should have the right to race around in a 5700lbs suv at 100 mph.
Its not like a gun or anything.

Cars kill and are used to kill more often than guns. We should ban them.

It is not only okay, but the duty of every true patriot.

Enjoy your hanging.

Seatbelts and air bags do nothing to improve the cars horse power, speed, fuel consumption. Why not get rid of them?

Suv == assault car.

Sen. John Cornyn R-TX (backed by the NRA) proposed something very similar to this. People on the watch list are already known to the FBI and are being investigated or at least monitored. His proposal was that if you attempt to purchase a gun while on the list, the FBI has 3 days to convince a judge to block the sale.

In theory this is a good way to keep dangerous people on the watch list from buying guns while also protecting regular people who might have mistakenly ended up on the list and keeping a semblance of due process. One potential danger is that judges will just automatically block every sale that comes to them, because the consequence of being wrong is too great. This defeats the whole purpose and is the same thing as a blanket ban for everyone on the watch list, but with added judicial bureaucracy.

>liberal logic

No, I should have the right to my assault style vehicle.

Would help the environment to. If people need to get around then they should get a bike and stop being fat. Or walk. Or even Jog. We can even work on improving our public transportation.

All guns are fucking lethal. Dumbass people who have never fired a gun act like they're magical items that vary in how dead they make you.

Something like getting a car. Meaning you take a class, you get a card, you use this card to buy guns.

That's it.

more like grip and stock have no effect on committing murder against unarmed people in an enclosed space

>He disagrees with me
>Call him a liberal

Bureaucracy turns everything into cancer, it's that simple. A high IQ populace doesn't need government messing with their every affairs.

My "assault" style vehicle is no more lethal than any other vehicle. Your ban proposal is rediculous

I can not waaaait for pol to implode when new regulations are passed.

Oh man it's going to be glorious.

Sup Forums or /k/?

And centrally managed and organized like the DMV? Hard pass. That means the Federal government can just not issue "cards" for any reason. CCP is one thing, forcing me to get a license to buy a hunting rifle is absurd. The main thing to consider when talking about new laws is how they might be abused in the future.

>wants retarded gun control
>pretends he isn't a liberal faggot

They were already voted down for this gun panic cycle.

You mean like how all 4 resolutions in the Senate got voted down? You do realize the House is even less likely to vote in favor of gun control, right? The state legislatures will never ratify gun control either. Do you even know how our legislative process works?

I dont get the fixation americans have with guns, is it because you pro guns have a milimiter peter?
Why dont you have strong regulations like us in Mexico? Cant you see how much it has worked in our country?

Two more states went constitutional carry this year, so far.

Enjoy your failure and mediocrity.

What can you do with a pistol grip weapon that you can't do with a stock grip? That just sounds retarded mate

You could say you can shoot around cover without straining your wrist, but that goes for anything you do with a pistol grip. Because a stock grip feels retarded no matter what you're trying to do.

as we speak, dem senators are doing a "sit in" and republicans said "all right, guess we're in recess". cspan cant cover it since the senate is technically not in session.

fuckin hippies

If they don't have an effect, then why ban them?

how hard was it to contain your laughter

The real funny part is how the media keeps lying about this. They keep saying "Republicans voted against everything because the NRA owns them.... bote the Republicans out."

And they refuse to even acknowledge that the Republicans tried to pass their own bills and the Democrats didn't like it.

There is always a way around it

Just wait, I'm sure potential terrorists, not on or on a list already, are buying up guns right now. Imagine the denial when they attack after the law is passed.

Not like it matters. I can't find one terrorist or mass shooter on a watch list that would have been prevented anyways.

And if they're so dangerous that they need to be on a list and prevented from buying a gun, why aren't they already arrested? Surely they can be charged with conspiracy to commit terrorism or something.

>comic completely ignores the fact that it was republican congressmen who tore obamacare apart and then put in all the garbage we wound up with
Why do Republishits spout this meme so much? Obamacare when it was introduced was significantly different than when it was signed into reality. And it's all thanks to Republicans who realized they couldn't prevent it from being passed, so instead they changed as much as they possibly could so it would pretty much match their own proposed health care system, which, of course, is largely beneficial to their buddies in the health care industry and detrimental to the American people as a whole.

We could have had something nice but, nope, Republicans.

We should have strict gun laws like Paris, a mass shooting would never happen there.

G-d bless the Brady Center