I've lived in 7 different major US cities throughout my life and have visited 48 states at one point or another on...

I've lived in 7 different major US cities throughout my life and have visited 48 states at one point or another on business. I meet thousands of different people a year and usually break the ice with small talk about sports. Out of all the people I've met in this country over the years, literally one individual gave two shits about soccer in any capacity. He claimed to be an Arsenal fan. I don't know who these American proxies are that are trying to shill the sport on this board, but it's egregiously disingenuous. If these posters are for real, at the very least, they are non-existent in the business sector (i.e. people who actually have and spend money).

The fact is, soccer has and will always remain an activity for children in this country, a reason for mothers to get out of the house and gossip with each other while the kids play a non-contact game chasing a ball around. Youth soccer season runs almost year round, so it has that advantage over other youth sports. Once kids are old enough, though, they almost without exception drop it to focus more intently on our adult sports. This post isn't meant to trigger soccer fans into replying to it, whether you're really from America, or some international fan reading this. It's just the way it is there. The more you know.

Other urls found in this thread:

opendorse.com/blog/2013-sports-fan-demographics/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

are there 7 major US cities?

manhattan
brooklyn
queens
the bronx
staten island
seattle
chicago

>using a prox while bitch crying about prox

Lol Pedro plz stahp

LA
NYC
Chicago
Dallas
Denver
Miami
Houston
San Fran
Boston

Literally all of those are just neighborhoods in the same city except Seattle which isn't relevant and Chicago which is 2nd most important to NYC

>Houston
Not anymore. RIP

You forgot Wilmington, Delaware

>someone actually spent time writing this

>all these newfags

>Denver

3.4 million in the greater metro area, mong

LA
NYC
Chicago
Dallas
Philadelphia
Boston
Seattle

Gotham
Hollywood
Ramstein
Detroit
Washington DC
Washington Marvel
Bismarck

Yeah and none of them have been nuked

>no Metropolis
Gothamfags are truly cancer.

heh nice copypasta friendo

5 of those are borough ts in New York
The borough system is actually completely useless they're just different counties with their own courthouse. They don't have any different rules

Wilmington? Not even Delaware people are about Wilmington

>Gotham
Doesn't exist
>Hollywood
Nickname for LA
>Detroit
Hasn't been major since the 50s due to the demecroats
>Washington DC
Not that big only major because it's the capital
>ramstein
???
>Washington marvel
???
>Bismarck
That's not even the most major city in North Dakota

itt: retards

Can confirm this
Every suburban American has played soccer at least once in their life as part of a league
Sometimes they do it until they go to high school, in which they join the highshcool team. Once they graduate they don't play ever again because they always hated soccer they just did it so they wouldn't sit on their asses all day

The fact is gen x and older millennial are actually shitty parents. Them and their friends register their kids to do 17 different sports in 17 different leagues so their kids can always be kept occupied and away from them, and so they can talk to each other. Soccer is just their favorite because in America it pushes liberal values and you're less likely to get hurt than in most other sports
>swimming
My kid could drown!
>football/lacrosse
My kid could get a concussion!
>hockey
My kid would get into a fight!
>basketball
My kid could hurt his knee on a hard court!
>baseball
My kid could get hurt sliding
>tennis
My kid could hit over the fence he's so good!
>golf
My kid is using a heavy club he's so good!
>soccer
My kid wears 16 different pads and when he falls he's on soft grass and the kid who pushed him get some kicked off the league! Also my kid almost scored once 6 weeks ago he's good!

There's also the suburban mom who registers their kid in their favorite sport than whenever their kid is touched that's some sort of crime and the other team is always doing something wrong

Theres no money in playing soccer professionally in the US.

>because in America it pushes liberal values
This I can see with the sport not having the same working class scum background as it does here. inb4 butthurt replies, I'm working class scum myself.

>and you're less likely to get hurt than in most other sports
This however makes me question the way football/soccer is played in America.
There were always guys coming to school with crutches because they fucked their tendons, or ligaments during traing or on the weekend, with winter being the season of broken legs because that's when we trained indoors and had indoor tounraments.

(Cont.)
a lot of kids who were forced to do a million sports become really lazy in high school or college, because either they finally have the chance to relax, or because they've been forced to do sports for so long that they now resent sports altogether.

In my high school, everyone I knew played sports in a private league until high school. About half of those people never played or watched sports ever again. Another half of that half played sports because they didn't want to sit on their ass but either hates sports all together or just hated the sport they played. It mostly happened with soccer and tennis

You know what is the deal with Sup Forums? Hate for patterns. People here are devoted to find patterns and cliche and hate them. But what happens when the cliche hate itself becomes another cliche? Anons hate them too. This is the difference between Sup Forums and Reddit. Whereas Reddit relies comfortably on hate cliches, Sup Forums want its hate stuff to remain fresh and new, not a way to fit in. This is the origin of pastas like this one up here (which you Redditors didn't recognize): a test to identify if people are capable of identifying Reddit-tier repetition. The tragedy of it all is that unless you only visit the same threads again and again (and have a lot of free time), you won't have the whole discussion history stored in your mind and you will end up failing one or another test, being deemed as Reddit. So, in the end, Reddit is an ever present menace we try to avoid, the meaning that makes comunication possible, a cry for freedom bound to fail.

>Birmingham
lel even the twin across the pond is a shithole.

Well, in American soccer is liberal because it has to do with anti-Vietnam hippies deciding it was fun to play because it wasn't a real American sport. Soccer in America was founded on liberal beliefs from those hippies. That's why the USMNT wore gay pride shirts to training one day

In America soccer isn't taken as seriously as in Europe, so you're less likely to get injured. I know plenty of guys who've been Injured from baseball, basketball, swimming, football, wrestling, weightlifting, and even tennis, but I've only met one guy with a soccer injury. I'm America, high schools train like Sunday league teams

Is this good pasta? I didn't bother to read it to be honest

Tl;dr
Suburban moms once their kids to play sports so they don't have to see them and so they can talk to their friends. This forced a lot of kids to hate sports when they get older

Suburban moms prefer soccer because it's liberal and it's safer than most other team sports

In my experience people are more likely to be into soccer in the finance sector for whatever reason (I'm American). I bet if you compared the average income of soccer fans in USA to other sports, you'd find it to be higher.

I actually looked it up, and I was totally wrong:

opendorse.com/blog/2013-sports-fan-demographics/

I've noticed that all the soccer fans where I live are either South American immigrants(who usually follow real or Barça), Italians who try to be more Italian than they are(who usually follow Juventus or Milan), and millennial hipsters(how usually follow mls)

Yeah, when I went to college, my friends and I watched a lot of EPL and most us had played soccer at one time or another, which must have given me the wrong impression.

But baseball is the safest sport for kids. It's even a selling point of little leagues

>

100% correct

New York, Los Angeles, Texas, New England, Miami, Canada and Indianapolis 500.

Tee ball is the safest. It could be because I live in a huge baseball city, but I know a lot of people who've gotten baseball injuries. People break bones from sliding onto another base all the time. They get hit by pitches all the time and sometimes they get put into concussions from that

Attractive people in the USA follow soccer. Ugly people follow American sports. You're probably not hot enough to break ice with anyone attractive

What? I look like a fucking monkey and I love soccer

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

9 cities with > 5,000,000 people
53 w/ > 1,000,000

Those are only metro area. Realistically, there's only 1 city with more than 5 million, people, and that's ny. Here's the real list
>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

Metro areas are what comes to mind when people talk about any city, not just the central municipality.

For example, the City of Los Angeles covers maybe 1/3 of the area & population of the urban agglomeration that people refer to as LA. And the borders are artificial. They could decide tomorrow to shrink the Los Angeles proper to only cover downtown LA, and divide the rest of it into small municipalities. But "Los Angeles" as people understand it would not have changed in size at all, obviously.

It's the urban agglomeration that matters, not political units.

There are probably stories about people being hurt playing baseball, yes.
But saying football is the safest sport is wrong. It fucks up your knees pretty bad

> Philly
> Seattle
> major
Kek

>borough system is useless
k, person from a city that could fit into queens
the bigger the area/population the more it needs to be split into jurisdictions for general ease

>they've been forced to do sports for so long that they now resent sports altogether.

Fucking this. I was forced into youth soccer, tennis lessons, youth baseball, and then was told I had to pick up a sport while I was in middle and high school. I ran cross country in middle and played Tennis in high school. My senior year of HS I told my parents I’m not fucking do this anymore so I could have better grades for college and they finally agreed. I’ll never play pickup anything again. Fuck playing sports, watching is infinitely more fun.

I'm surprised no one recognized this pasta.

American power hours are the worst.

MLS players make less than Championship players, Bundesliga 2 players, and Liga MX

I popularized it. You gotta thank me.