Jeff Rosenstock: Nu-Males

Me in the middle

This meme has gone too far.

post > worry > we cool

The 'soy' meme has been the worst thing to happen not only to Sup Forums but to the site as a whole.

jeff rosenstock is the most numale artist i can think of desu

lol i wonder why u feel that way hmm

t. soyboy

Soyposting is pretty much dead at this point. Give it like one more month and soy will be an forgotten just like fedoras.

can someone post the nintendo switch one? thanks in advance

We cool is my favourite. But I still think Vacation and Three Cheers for Disappointment are the best things he's done

Did u fuckin take the grunt's face from Amnesia and make him into a nu-male

where do u get off

holy shit this is some next level autism

I'd say cuck was worse, but they're essentially the same thing.

Why does the bottom one look like those monsters from the first amnesia game?

no it is just a trend. there have always been trendy non-insulting insult words thrown around.

stop being so new.

t. effeminate twink listening to panda bear or some faggot indie pop shit at this moment

I thought this was a Sup Forums thing with the Nintendo Switch. You mean this cancer has spread even further?

it needs to, music industry needs to be cleaned up from the effeminate nu male poptimist faggots

It's actually kind of funny every time a new one of these come up because it's the equivalent of the scrawny, pretty boy snapback gangsters who do everything they can to make their truck a beast to compensate for their lack of any masculinity. Every time someone uses the word "soy" or "soyboy" like that, I always feel bad for them because you know they're trying to create an online persona to make up for the fact that in real life, they are the person they're mocking.

HOLY FUCKING PROJECT

i know right, fuck these nu-male soyboys amirite my fellow based kekistanis! MAGA!!1

>all caps
>insta-response
found one

actually kind of, but not really.

mostly just a meme word like i said. it will die out for the next one in time and then people will get mad about that.

This is actually the response of metalfaggots and other incels for always being mocked, same thing with the word normie and schoolshooting

>just like fedoras
Fedoras have gone nowhere. Neither will soy.

When Sup Forums stops shilling shitty stuff like MGMT, Jeff Rosencock, Animal Collective and Car Seat Headrest, then i hope that then the soy meme will stop.

>amnesia monster is a nu-male
woah

>forgotten just like fedoras.
I wonder who's behind this post

reddit: Jeff Rosenstock
Sup Forums: Bomb the Music Industry!

Sup Forums has been "shilling" those band since it was created, seems like you're just a newfag

The music industry is mostly dominated by Jamal Niggers at this point though isn't it?

FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF

no those are just pawns industry jews so the cucks can eat it up. Paying some stupid nigger to lip sync is different than faggots like car seat headrest and fleet foxes

MGMT, Jeff Rosencock, Animal Collective and Car Seat Headrest all existed since Sup Forums started?
And i'm the newfag? Wow.

Animal Collective existed before mu started you dumb fucking metal head, drink bleach queer

it's just boring at this point. it takes up too much space

literally all of these except for csh did you fucking moron

>MGMT
>Jeff
>AnCo

Yes, they did.

There's no way this isn't a b8

Okay, that's one. The others, as you've said? Don't pussy out now, faggot. Take it in the ass like your favorite, Car Seat Headrest. Go.

half of those bands are older than you lmao

>you're new if you realize that this shit is cancerous because of how its used and how it effects a thread
The terms didn't used to be boogeyman shit before though. Faggot, nigger, retard, they're just insults (even if they do derive from a specific group of people they never actually carried the assumption that the person was gay, black or mentally deficient). Soyboy (and numale before it) is politically loaded. It's ingroup/outgroup talk. The ingroup/outgroup shit started with calling people reddit a few years ago, then it was tumblr, now you don't call people that because the site is so full of crossposters from there. Soyboy is shit because posting it effectively saying you give less of a shit about the topic of the post/thread than you do about the political associations of the topic and the enjoyment of it. It's casual bullshit, it's an excuse to not view a piece of media and still call it bad. It gets even worse when after a few posts you see that most of these people aren't even trolling, they're 100% serious.
Fuck you, you dense nigger.

You project a lot don't you? How about you get all your facts right before you post you retarded bitch? Fuck off

Yeah fucking faggot fucking bitch ass fuck faggot hahaha rekt pussy

''muh faggoty ''psychedelic'' pop music''
The terms didn't used to be boogeyman shit before though. Faggot, nigger, retard, they're just insults (even if they do derive from a specific group of people they never actually carried the assumption that the person was gay, black or mentally deficient). Soyboy (and numale before it) is politically loaded. It's ingroup/outgroup talk. The ingroup/outgroup shit started with calling people reddit a few years ago, then it was tumblr, now you don't call people that because the site is so full of crossposters from there. Soyboy is shit because posting it effectively saying you give less of a shit about the topic of the post/thread than you do about the political associations of the topic and the enjoyment of it. It's casual bullshit, it's an excuse to not view a piece of media and still call it bad. It gets even worse when after a few posts you see that most of these people aren't even trolling, they're 100% serious.

Shut the fuck up nigger

>The terms didn't used to be boogeyman shit before though. Faggot, nigger, retard, they're just insults (even if they do derive from a specific group of people they never actually carried the assumption that the person was gay, black or mentally deficient). Soyboy (and numale before it) is politically loaded. It's ingroup/outgroup talk. The ingroup/outgroup shit started with calling people reddit a few years ago, then it was tumblr, now you don't call people that because the site is so full of crossposters from there. Soyboy is shit because posting it effectively saying you give less of a shit about the topic of the post/thread than you do about the political associations of the topic and the enjoyment of it. It's casual bullshit, it's an excuse to not view a piece of media and still call it bad. It gets even worse when after a few posts you see that most of these people aren't even trolling, they're 100% serious.

i dont understand this meme
so is his newest his least soy and the one before that he doubled down on the soy while we cool was more soy than average but less soy than worry?

>retard has a mental breakdown live after being proved wrong
Sometimes this place is fun

Enjoy this (you)

Mad

OH NO NO NO NO

dubs confirm

You're a faggot.

Go back to Sup Forums, you retarded newfag

>samefagging this hard
Woof

I'll leave after you post your music collection.

thanks for this, for it will be used heavily.

Fuck off, you don't belong here, fuck off

Why not post yours? I need a good laugh.

Right after you guys. Go ahead.

I have never listened to music except by accident in public and when watching movies/tv shows. I just come here to shit on faggots like you.

you should post your video game collection cause you obviously have one

Wow how irrelevant, fuck off you nigger bitch, you don't belong

says the underage gamer

Don't you mean soyboy cuck? Nigger and bitch are soyboy cuck terms from before Sup Forums won BASED DONALD the election. MAGA

>just saw Jeff Rosenstock on Friday
>half the crowd looked like high schoolers
>at least 3/4 of the people there literally looked like the nu-male stereotype
>mfw

>Saw them yesterday
>Felt like I was at fucking Warped Tour
>Afraid to mosh or do anything, because I didn't want to hurt their fragile bodies
Bruh you in Santa Ana? Wanna be friends?

>>Afraid to mosh or do anything, because I didn't want to hurt their fragile bodies
This is a huge problem in music in general now. People who look like statues even during the most groovy tunes stand in the middle of the crowd and look at you like they want to kill you if you bump into them. I feel like 5 years ago, people who knew they don't like to dance and value their personal space stood in the back, what emboldened them to start fucking everything up?

I've never had that problem. At this particle event they were dancing and shit, but every one was just so small, and I was much bigger.

correct. its such a boring ass joke

then get rid of your extra, needless muscle so you can be more like the rest of us

t. soycuck

this

Yeah I'm in Irvine, I go to shows at The Observatory all the time.

Yeah I've never had that problem either. Even at the Rosenstock show in Santa Ana people got pretty rowdy when he came on. The Constellation Room is a bit too tight to mosh in so the whole crowd sort of just crammed together and swayed back and forth. Lots of people jumped on stage and dove off and surfed; Rosenstock surfed the crowd at the end too. Also the opening bands were chill. It was a really fun show actually.

why does Sup Forums seem so triggered by this meme? other boards don't seem to care as much if at all? Are people here in fact at the receiving end of it's mockery? Thus subject matter perhaps?

It's not a joke. The joke are the soyboys themselves getting buttblasted that there's a pushback against inauthentic anti-masculine hipster faggotry now.

that doesn't mean empty masculine bullshit is any better

I made a new friend :^)

>that doesn't mean empty masculine bullshit is any better

nice selfie

it hasn't thoroughly disrupted posting so much in other boards
it's not so much the meme itself, anyone who was here during the release of mbdtf/tpab knows that tons of people here are willing to espouse Sup Forums-tier ideas, it's just very clear that most of the people posting the meme wouldn't have been posting here 4 years ago. the people who keep hamfisting this meme are usually 16-year-olds who have taste very different from long-time Sup Forumstants. this past year has been a very unstable time for the board: the average poster is no longer people passionate about music discussion and discovery but people who just want to shitpost about tangentially music-related subjects, just like what Sup Forums has basically become. they've seen the dialogue on boards like that and don't want to see the standard dropped so low. 2012 Sup Forums would have been talking non-stop about all the new albums dropped last friday, sure, they would've been shotposting about them, but people would have discovered these new releases. threads like this one have replaced the dialogue and people want to preserve board culture.
tl;dr the backlash against this meme has very little to do with politics or background and more to do with older Sup Forumstant's fears of growing up and a new generation taking over this board. the people who are being replaced are statistically probably 20-24 and feel lost in life and seeing a community they identified with change so drastically in such a short period of time is only making them feel worse about themselves.

definitely better than empty non-masculine faggot shit, all other things held equal

this

Fedora, sjw, numale, cuck, soyboy, they're all the same thing... words used by idiots who instinctually associate things they don't like with the embarrassing strawmen that occupy their minds, ironically or not. It's not the words themselves that are the culprit they're just a clear indicator of the declining quality of most boards. It used to just be Sup Forums and Sup Forums (not gonna mention the worthless meme boards) now nearly every non-general thread on every popular board is at least 50% discussion of soyboys.

Very cringy writing, my man. Please stop.

>taste very different from long-time Sup Forumstants

If MGMT and Animal Collective is the taste of long time mutants (not true by the way) then we should all kill ourselves and make way for the new generation. A cleansing if you will, watering down the pleb, as you should,

t. soycucknumalefedorasjw

If youre scared of "hurting" anyone youre a bitch yourself.

good thread

i never mentioned either of those artists in my post, user

Could it be?

I know, i just gave an example. This dubs confirm that.

Those insults are funny because they are inherently relatable to people. They have a real life examples. There are people who unironically fit the bill of the supposed "strawman" those words conjure up. They wouldn't be funny if they weren't rooted in some sort of truth. All humor derives from misery but also reality. Then you take this truth rooted in reality and push it to it's hyperbolic limits for maximum effect. Calling people idiots and getting all offended about it because they use a word that hurts your feelings, and acting intellectually superior to people who are in essence just haveing fun won't make soyboy posting go away.

I guess that makes sense. People seem to be getting more upset at the very concept of the meme itself than the shitposting, but I can see people not wanting their board to turn into what Sup Forums has become. It's hard to even discuss current events or politics on Sup Forums without being spammed with memes. It's never really the memes fault to me but just people who need to realize that shitposting is fine in moderation, but it's get's obnoxious when you overuse a meme. It seems that we burn through memes so quickly now because every new one that comes out just gets spammed into oblivion and we have to come up with something new every month. I like the soyboy meme, and I don't think people getting their tittiies in a twister about it really help the situation. A lot of my favorite memes die so quickly cause reddit refugees can't contain themselves. The problem isn't the meme itself, but the people who run it into the ground. Much like jojo memes, hitler memes, mlg memes, ect. People should be angry at agressive shitposting not the memes itself, cause the meme is also just as much a victim as you.

As far as masculinity insults go
Soyboy>cuck>fag
We're slowly improving

Oh I'm a tall fat fuck so I just knock everyone around and ignore them, but it's just not very fun when no one wants to dance. It depends on the musician certainly but I went to a YACHT show recently and no one was dancing which was pretty pathetic.

>he thinks posting a meme or reaction image is genuine pushback
This is unironically beta anti-masculine behavior.

It doesn't hurt my feelings, I hardly even post. I wasn't trying to make it go away I was commenting on the quality of the board. If you think seeing something be called soy is funny then good for you. I would rather have a music board. Kpop, /gg/, and /daily/ have somehow became the only discussion left.