What have you accomplished this year thus far, Sup Forums?

What have you accomplished this year thus far, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

codecademy.com/learn/learn-python
codecademy.com/learn/learn-java
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Finished second year of college have self-taught a lot of programming, almost finished with my personal project and I got a lot of travelling done.

>lost 50 pounds
>graduated this year with a 88% avg (almost 4.0 ree)
>got a summer job
>got a bunch more history books
preddy gud so far

fucking normies....

Nothing, this year has been one of the worst years of my life.

What happened? Are you battling a severe disease or injury?

bump

>have self-taught a lot of programming

pls tell me how

There's literally thousands of books, websites, tutorials and youtube channels online though.

What do you want to learn?

Also youtube and textbooks for me in general but I can give you a more specific answer if you tell me what language or field you want to get into. Also codeacademy is great.

dunno, a general introduction maybe? I know 0 about programming

got a raise and aquired gf, continued making savings

Learned how to swim. Acquired a newer vehicule.

Finished 1st year of university without any problems
Went camping for 2 weeks
That's all

i cam back to uni after a year of mandatory academic probation, finished a semester of study, withdrew from the second and got assigned to the 'acute team' of a mental health center

Got a job and a car. Alles gut

Learned how to program in C

Got a waifu

codecademy.com/learn/learn-python
Codeacademy for python

codecademy.com/learn/learn-java
Codeacademy for Java.

These are the most common languages that universities or highschools start their students with. I advise that you download a compiler for either one you choose (you can do research and see which people recommend, python is generally seen as easier for beginners) and watch some youtube tutorials and play around before you start the course. Actually you don't even have to do the course if you don't want to, youtube and google are sufficient but if you want a more structured experience definitely do it. Stack exchange is also really helpful (yahoo answers for coding basically) and there are a bunch of textbooks online for both languages. Obviously you'll eventually have to branch out and learn other languages. For example if you want to web develop you have to learn HTML CSS and Javascript, and probably PHP or nodeJS to do backend web development stuff. But first you should do python or java just so you understand how programming works.

Within a week or so you'll be able to make stupid programs like equation solvers or calendars etc. but more importantly you'll have a grasp on how programs are written and how your apps work which is an enlightening thing in itself.

You'd be better off learning C first

Failed a levels and depressed as hell. Parents are really disappointed, Im a fucking failure at life

wew lad thanks a lot, wish you many good things

Maybe if you spent less time making all those retarded threads...

Same for me

python or javascript to start, ignore everyone who screams C or whatever, you learn those easy once you are familiar with basics.

>got a bunch more history books
why do you waste your time on that useless crap? history is all fake, people just made up whatever they wanted and put it in books.

C IS the basics though.

Thanks for that info mate. This is actually pretty useful for my field

I wouldn't but if you go down the C line maybe C++. I learned C before C++ and C sharp and it sort of messed me up.
No problem, good luck.

Don't worry about it, I'm always down to spread the gospel of programming.

That makes no sense. C has way less keywords to learn and is much less bloated than C++. What "messed" you up?

Yeah I guess so. It just didn't work out for me because I've ended up needing C++ more so it would have been useful if I just started there. (C wasn't my first language, Java was so it would've been easy to transition straight to C++). But for the average joe C over C++ for a beginning is probably a fair choice if you want to go down the C path before python or Java.

Moved to Malta and managed to get employed here. Not much else, really.

I killed a man. He was a tourist. I won't probably ever be found, because no one is searching for him too seriously.

went from 94 kg to 81
managed to save a considerable amount of money
read a few great books
improved my communicating skills
got a better job in which I have fared pretty well thus far although knowing very little about the industry

Those tourists was Albert Einstein.

Nice reddit meme lol

Lost 35lb
Started cycling
Started learning Chinese

Translated 20 percent of a novel
Stopped feeling anxious while in conversation
Wrote a short story and two poems
Read 21 books
Managed to teach the dog a few tricks
Installed Linux
Organised a music folder and an archive folder
Composed an excel file containing data about all the books I own

Nice

For what purpose?

I've bumped some uglies

I got my overbite fixed

Failed entrance exams.
Turned bits of animal carcasses to goo for living
Read some books.
Got myself fairly convinced that my life is going nowhere.

>Got a new apartment on a nice side of town
>No more roommates
>Got a bunch of stuff to make new apartment comfy
>Finally got my Bachelor's degree
>Getting dem interviews but no new job yet
>Taught myself a metric-fuckton about auto repair
>Making them weight loss gains. Down to 195lbs from 240lbs since I started trying to lose weight in October of last year.

The sucky thing is I have very little free time and I keep getting shitface drunk on one of my 2 days off a week leaving me to spend the 2nd day recovering from a hangover.

looks oddly similar to R so far

played runescape and WoW all the time
i got max cape on OSRS

Absolutely disgusting

Haven't taken the shinkansen to Gensoukyou yet.

>this year has been one of the worst years of my life.
I've been telling myself this at the end of the year for the past twelve years.

i already got plans for next year
i'll continue doing the same thing

Nothing.

Accomplishments:
>Cleared JLPT N2 and became the youngest ever to achieve the feat.
>Started tutoring biology and chemistry to A level students.
>Learned how to drive

Failures:
>Couldn't mutter a single word in the final project presentation before class
>Started hating my friends for being too normal
>Started hanging out with the people with whom I had my first experience of hash (although do not smoke now)
>Couldn't lose weight as much as I anticipated

Overall 3/10

Started working out at the end of last week. It's good, I'm able to do more each day and I look noticably better shirtless now than I did a week ago.

At least someone has got his life altogether. Great tho

>got into a job with one of the profs. from phd.
>planing on quitting phd for good because its not getting me anywhere
>lost about 30kgs since last year august
>read quite a lot about management, office psychology etc.

I earned enough to owe €16000 in tax. I'm pretty much fucked because I spent most of it.

graduated with my undergrad degree, got accepted into a masters program to be a physicians assistant and published a research paper as the first author