Madden

First time player here. Is this game actually hard? I thought it was like FIFA where it's completely unrealistic in favor of flashy players doing flashy things. I'm playing on rookie and I'm having a hard time keeping up with who to pass to and what type of pass to throw. And on the defense, I struggle to control the player I want and often blow coverage that leads to a huge RAC for the opposing team.

On the other side, I feel like the sack mechanic is broken because I'm averaging 7 sacks per game. I'm playing Patriots on Franchise and the Pats pass rush isn't THAT elite.

It's literally the worst madden in years. Sorry you picked it up m8

this game is dogshit and i play madden 24/7

once you play madden for a week or two and you get how the game works you will go 19-0 every season in cfm. its too damn easy. and play the moments is fuckin broken so i cant even sim shit to make it a little realistic without the ai giving the rb 40 carries.

also: all-pro is baby tier and all-madden just cheats. i aimed to the right of my receiver and when my 99 (unironically) short accuracy west coast qb throw to him, which was 5 yards, he throw to the left of him near a cornerback for the pick six. it relies on animations and ai forced big plays and will just decide to make the ai win if its not competitive enough on the higher difficulties.

You've got to study the game a bit, on offense learn the formations, using the gun formation for example gives you more time to watch the play develop but if you do get sacked it'll be a huge loss, also don't just pick what the game suggests, recognise if the defense is going to blitz or go into zone coverage and call your audibles, hot routes are really important too. If they are going to blitz you want to get the ball out quick so something like a slant or curl flats is a good choice.

Defense you want to have an equal or greater number of cornerbacks as they have wide recievers, so if the offense has 3 WR's you want to be in either nickel or dime formation. If you're not very good at controlling defenders control a player on the side of the field that has less receivers or just play as a linesman.

Madden is like the Simpsons. It was great once, but its been bad for longer than it was good and the franchise should have been killed 10 years ago.

>all-madden just cheats
Completely true. I've had guys wide open on short slant routes and a deep free safety will just blaze the fuck out of nowhere to intercept a bullet throw. The only way I've been able to make the game halfway enjoyable is by playing around with the sliders on All-Pro. It's so hard to make any game competitive unless you just run stupid as fuck plays and defensive schemes the whole time.

listen to >>>Madden became stale and for casuals,
NFL 2k5 is the ultimate football game.

do you have any sliders that work pretty good? i need some

The last Madden I played was 16, but if it hasn't changed much, just throw it to the Tight End with the high throw, they'll always catch it even if they're in triple coverage.

it's fun to play online. all-madden isn't that hard also

I've literally never played an EA game not vs another human. Also with Madden it's all about learning the timing on offense. Defense is hard.

kek this I have already figured out

I got the game thinking I could play a lot of defense either as a pass rusher or strong safety because those positions intrigue me. Turns out my expectations were a bit high.

online a lot of people play linebacker on defense, I usually just play as my best pass rusher because you'll get some extra sacks and it's hard to make any really big mistakes

you should try draft champions mode

When will you come back?

when this asshole goes away

Who /Madden08onPCWithUpdatedRoster&Rules/ here?

I know for me it's just any sort of crossing route. The moment they break towards the middle of the field they're on an island. It doesn't matter who you're playing against or how many times you run the same exact play.

Tell me bros, why are the flats always open against zone coverage on any difficulty? Cover 2 corners literally run 10 yards away in any of the blue flats coverage zones.

Because EA sucks at making football games

i only play madden 13 on the wii

The players are smaller than they should be and aren't to scale