LET'S ARGUE

ITT: Post your controversial opinion or hot-takes

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/collection/sousuo/r0.5
kanyewest.com/credits/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i like theneedledrop

Anthony fantano is a closet racist

There's no such thing as bad music, only inexperienced ears.

K-pop is for fags but Grimes is cool

The Beatles are NOT overrated

faust aren't as good as everyone says

fantano's videos are pointless

y'all suck dick

Only people with no music knowledge would say that they are overrated

Sup Forums is the best board on Sup Forums

Alright, let's do this again.

Fact of the Year: American Idiot was the last true Punk album and the logical conclusion to Punk Rock.

I disagree, they are overrated, but they are still really good

They're incredible songwriters and composers but as individual instrumentalists, they're mediocre as explained by /ourguy/ Quincy Jones

elaborate

go back to red it.
Tired of Shit Dat and unironically MCA posted on Sup Forums. fuck off already.

*shit day, and MCR

Modern music is no better an art form than video games or anime. Hip-Hop, indie pop, and your shitty spotify rappers are laughably untalented. There's nothing wrong per se with liking them, but the way that so many Sup Forumssic fags act is just embarrassing, as if they are on the same level of /lit/ or /sci/.

>can't accept contrarian opinions
Go back to plebbit.

**faggotry/shit opinions

>fags
Why the homophobia?

Only people with no knowledge of theory would proclaim that The Beatles is good. Pop trash.

faggot lmao

"HEY FANTANO LADY GAGA WAS A FOOL"

"oh well clearly you didnt know her little monsters loved her concerts"

WHAT A WISE MUSIC NERD

Severed Survival > Mental Funeral

The Beatles aren't over-rated anymore because nobody has mentioned them in a decade.

The Rolling Stones are ass besides gimme shelter

Good thing I actually wrote this the first time I made the thread. American Idiot is a Punk Rock masterpiece through and through; it takes the political nature that formed within 70s-80s Punk and combined it with Alternative Rock, Art Rock and Pop Punk. The entire album relies on a conceptual idea (the utter banality of modern society under the corruption of office) that is demonstrated via the main character's struggles with suburbia, anguish and depression caused by his own family. Each track thematically represents the contrast between political turmoil and personal conflict, such as the melancholy of reality in Boulevard of Broken Dreams and the isolationism from the cruelty of life in Wake Me Up When September Ends, to the bluntness and utter disgust of government corruption in Holiday and American Idiot. This takes the listener on an epic journey through societal hell, unprecedented in Punk since perhaps Zen Arcade. Not only that, but musically, the album is Green Day's most ambitious work yet. Jesus of Suburbia separates itself via its multiple instrument changes and shifts, like a puzzle seemingly connecting into one, then shattering abruptly by the end. And plus, the aesthetical choice to include black, a shroud of bleakness and desolation, and red, for riled fury, seeps through such an artistic record.

During the oversaturation and commercialization of Pop Punk in the mainstream, the creativity Punk music ever had greatly diminished. Like most Rock genres, to seek any sort of authenticity, one would have to venture underground in order to find solace. Green Day almost single-handedly saved the genre from perishing in its own stereotypes, while keeping true to its Punk origins. Other albums simply don't employ such a prescient narrative, and suffer from emotional shallowness, ultimately not challenging anything as much as Green Day did, and achieved, as this record. There will never be a true Punk album as epic as American Idiot.

Freak Out! was more important to the artistic development of rock than Pet Sounds or Revolver/Sgt. Pepper's

American Idiot is garbage and you have a shit taste in music.
>t. redditfag on the wrong website

anthony peaked when he was shit posting meme reviews on thatistheplan

>can't even offer a legitimate opinion backed with reasoning on why an album is terrible
>retorts back by using the most predictable insult imaginable

Give 5 reasons why you abhor the album and stop being disgusting, you underage brainlet.

It's
1. lame
2. vapid pop rock
3. ?
4. It's shit

>needledick
gtfo

Music is the worst art

ayo dey be stealin our music and sheit

Green Day are and always have been a terrible band for people that want to listen to punk music but don't want to upset their parents.

The Velvet Underground were better than the Beatles

Guided By Voices are greatest rock band of all time.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Are you actually serious? Do you think those shit reasons really justify why this album is terrible? Not even a simple rebuttal to any of my points? Wow. You deserve every single brainlet wojak in existence.

And by the way, retard, American Idiot is not pop rock at all. It's an Alternative Rock and Pop Punk/Punk Rock album through and through, with elements of Art Rock, Art Punk and Progressive Rock.

that's just a fact tho

who gives a fuck.
Who wants to even listen to it again to make better arguments in the first place

Radiohead is shit.

Oh wait... this is a popular opinion, sorry.

I have heard a couple of Justin Bieber's songs.I could really never understand the Deep hatred that a lot of people had for him. He always gave off this vibe to me like he was just a kid that was skyrocketed to fame and had a hard time adjusting to it.

First utterance by Comus is just goofy spongebob music

To be fair, It's not about the song itself, moreso what it represents in the internet age. Baby was the first glimpse into the one fear we desperately hoped wouldn't come true, in that any average, mediocre and idiotic person could attain such a level of popularity that we had yet to anticipate. Had Bieber existed in a different time period before, he would be rendered as an obscure pop act left away by time. The fact he managed to garner such a huge fan-base via mainly the Internet alone began that fear hidden in the chills of our spine as a new trend. That famous quote "Everyone will be famous for 15 minutes" became a horrid reality, and an unmitigated disaster in the spheres of humanity. Justin brought this spoiled bread to the king's feast, and we all are it, both the peasants and the aristocrats.

You have to go back to plebbit, Brandon.

i think metal is for children

10/10

I've never posted on Reddit my life and never will

*manchildren

***adultsz

But you are posting on Reddit right now.

rateyourmusic.com/collection/sousuo/r0.5
Probably somewhere in here.

this is Sup Forums em you

Agreed
Cool analogy
He never said that he likes Bieber, he just said that he has got too much hate for what his music is (mediocre bland pop. A lot of similar acts never got so much hate though)
You're just acting like an asshole now.

>now
Faggot Day deserves nothing more anyway

its Sup Forums mate
90% of the people who use the word faggot here dont mean it in a homophobic way
faggot

He said they were bad when he first saw them in the early 60s tho. He didn't specify what he thinks of them later on when they really hit it off.

>Modern music is no better an art form
>hip-hop, indie pop

There's your problem, retard. You took the shittiest POP music genres (not art music genres) there are and said oh look how modern music sucks. Yeah, no, you're retarded.

Its more like a synonym for a soy boy

>He never said blah blaah bleh
He has to go back anyway.

what a faggot

This album wasn’t as bad as most Bowie fans make it out to be. In fact it’s his second best project from the 80s.

What about George Harrison?

i agree desu, american idiot is a great album, they perfectly captured the zeitgeist of the early 2000's and the bush administration

my point was really the level of hatred that he was getting ,like grown men saying ,"I'll smash that little faggots face in"

Classical music is overrated and is mostly just a composer trying to see how many times he can trick you into thinking that a song is ending

Go post on Reddit, fag

>argues by posting memes

Fantano is a fucking betacunt who got so frightened of fucking Fader that he now virtue signals all over Twitter to where he know tells people to go to women’s rallys and stupid lefty shit. It’s fucking embarrassing

kanye west is a garbage "artist" who doesn't write or produce anything.

>Doesn't write or produce anything
But this is objectively wrong

George Harrison is the best beatle and had a better solo career than the other members.

whoa if only we all were knowledgeable about theory like this patrician we could all enjoy music on the next plane of reality

not according to his song and album credits.

kanyewest.com/credits/

uh lurk before posting errr

prog katatonia > doom katatonia

this dude is a tool

*listens to Mozart once*

Heh... this Western art music thing that is thousands of years old and is vastly different every few decades because it encapsulates the soul and mentality of the time in which it was made is so overrated...

Grouper is the greatest artist of the 21st century

he's not an artist, he's a celebrity

there are 15yo soundcloud rappers/producers that are more of a 'creative genius' than him

how can 14 people write a song?
i'd say its ghostwriting but his lyrics are pretty bad tho, if he used ghostwriters they should be better than this

Or, and stay with me here, he's always been pretty liberal but just because he dislikes extreme leftists doesn't make him a Trump cock sucking retard.

t.first semester music theory student

00s Animal Collective are in fact a really good band that incorporated really interesting world/traditional music and electronic sounds.

>john wesley harding the only dylan rated
fvr whvt pvrpvse

Nu Metal > Grunge and theres only one good grunge album

I'm like 2,000+ ratings behind catching up realistically. I listened to a bunch of his stuff on a trip (and during a classical music history class that for some reason included him [???]) so I just rated my favorite.

early fall out boy was one of the best emo acts of all time.

"the beatles are overrated but good" is the "no homo" of music taste

of all time.

this

music is for children

and adults

Ween is Frank Zappa for smart people

So, what's your favorite brokeNCYDE album?

4'33" was the best thing ever happening to music

the one i haven't listened

like diapers you mean?