In 2006:

In 2006:
>58 TDs to only 12 INTs for a 186 passer rate
>72.6% completion percentage
Then flamed out of the NFL before even playing in a regular season game.
What happened?

Oh, and I forgot to mention he had over 5500 passing yards that same year. In my opinion, one of the most underrated - if not THE most underrated - college quarterback in history.

he ran a simple air raid at hawaii, alot harder to learn a pro offense, especially when you have no prior experience running a pro style offense

you need more than just stats in college to be successful

got BTFO by jawja

Played against literally who's his entire college career and despite all the numbers, didn't have mechanics that translated to the NFL

>Hawaii's football program has not recovered from June Jones leaving

It sucks, but at least they were entertaining to watch.

Colt Brennan through side-arm in a spread system that almost never ran the ball, against weak competition.

Matthew Stafford and Georgia anally raped him on national TV

>Brennan was hospitalized and listed in serious condition after he was a passenger in a car crash in Hawaii on November 19, 2010.[38] The accident left him with broken ribs and injuries to his head and collar bone.[39] He was released from Queen's Medical Center on November 27, 2010 and headed to his parents' home in Southern California to continue his recovery.[39] He described his injuries in 2014:[34]

>All I know is I woke up, six, seven days later, [...] and I was — and I still am — a different person. I suffered minor TBI — traumatic brain injury. I just have a small scar, you know, on my brain, but it’s in an area that makes you impulsive and emotional. I’ve had to learn how to control that.

College offenses are closer in complexity to pick-up football than NFL. Also he was a mediocre QB playing against shit competition that was jetlagged half the time

meme offenses in NCAA rarely translate to good QBs

>What happened?
Western Athletic Conference opponents

Aaaand I'm sad again

He was undersized, had a wacky side arm throwing motion, and played in a meme spread offense.
He was doomed from the start.

Every bad thing you can say about Colt Brennan you could say about Derek Carr. Both played shit competition, both led the country in passing stats, both got BTFO by every big school they played, etc etc. Yet Carr has gone on to become a top 5 QB in the NFL, so I don't think any of those arguments are valid.

I think it more comes down to

>I think it more comes down to
he was already a bum cut from his 2nd team by the time of the accident

Oh, maybe he was just shitty then? I think Carr played in a pro style his first 2 seasons and then went to the west coast style offense which sort of translates better to the NFL than air raid?

Carr could've been something but, the Texans O-line back then was pathetic and never gave him a chance to do anything.

He's no Timmy Chang

you've got the wrong Carr

Derek Carr has the physical capabilities to be a good NFL quarterback. Colt Brennan did not. It's not rocket science.

Guys like Josh Huepel and Jason White played at a major school in a big conference, were elite college QBs, and barely sniffed the NFL.

Came here to post this #elite

What happeneded

>6 on the Wonderlic