Are we seeing the peak of trap/hiphop in it's current state...

Are we seeing the peak of trap/hiphop in it's current state? How much further will it go until it is no longer the predominant trend in music? How will we look back on Tekashi6ix9ine and Lil Xan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5NowWM0-3_U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You fool this isn't even his final form

its been played out for like 5 years now.

What im seeing in the future most likely is some sort of boom bap revival/conscious rap/ 24/7 lo fi hip hop beats type of deal

maybe some experimental stuff like people rapping over like ambient or shoegaze or something

As for the other genres

emo will enter its post emo phase. Expect country emo, folk emo, psychedelic emo, emo metal, emo funk, emo ska, emo rap (already here), electronic emo, etc

I dont know why but i also feel like there is going to be some sort of 1960's style folk revival. bob dylan type of stuff.

Maybe thats wishful thinking

DEAR GOD PLEASE BRING BACK THE FOLK

>emo rap

What would this even sound like? Corbin?

lil peep you fucking moron, you know the guy the was spammed on here for like 3 years straight by viral marketers

You think I actually listened to that shit?

clearly not.

because it was being marketed as emo rap

That style peaked where it originated in the 90's memphis scene

t. newfag who thinks he knows everything about music history

Nice argument faggot

not emo rap, I don't fucking understand how his shit is emo rap outside of the mineral sample. Like I seriously don't fucking get it. How does it bear even a passing resemblance to Sunny Day Real Estate or Braid or even fucking American Football? I seriously don't fucking get it, somebody send me a track other than the mineral one that sounds emo, seriously, I want to understand

but yeah, talking about suicide and adding reverb doesn't magically transform soundcloud rap into some sort of emo-fusion genre

I PULL UP I PULL UP I PULL UP I PULL UP I PULL UP I PULL UP
I HOP OUT I HOP OUT I HOP OUT I HOP OUT

emo as in the 2000s era stuff like my chemical romance or taking back sunday
what do we even call that? emo-pop?

What's the meme song of this era that's in all the nostalgia bait going to be? My money is on XO Tour Lif3.

>I dont know why but i also feel like there is going to be some sort of 1960's style folk revival. bob dylan type of stuff.
it's inevitable, I think. music's too lush and overproduced these days

awful things is going to be remembered as the nookie of this "genre"

almost
youtube.com/watch?v=5NowWM0-3_U

This was peak aggressive trap. There's fucking nothing like it, he should totally make his full length executive produced by Ronny J, he's essentially the new Metro Boomin. I mean some of the stuff he has done in the past is similar, and generally his work all ranges from good to really fucking great, but I really want more. Denzel Curry needs to fucking release Taboo already, more LUM, too.

the reason i think it might happen is because people keep saying guitar music is dead. but not the acoustic. in fact its had a great 2010's in both mainstream, indie, and alt circles.
Folk is cheap to make and fast. you just need an acoustic guitar.
Folk survived the hipster dipshit poptmaist purge.
Plus, the general zeitgeist of everyone shoving politics into everything.

Gucci Gang

People still look with fondness on Black and Yellow and that was just as stupid

>1960's style folk revival
I don't think so, the parallel social movements that fed 60s folk have already re-emerged and are now looking futile and played out. Occupy was when it would have happened if it was going to happen.

yeah denzel hurry the fuck up

people are just too self conscious for it. The good modern folk music like Joanna Newsom & Richard Dawson is not really political. It's not easy either. You can get away with inane lyrics in any other genre but folk requires you to actually be a poet or it just doesn't hold up at all. Modern poets tend to look inward rather than at external problems ie society.

the fact that you think it wont happen or cant happen is why its going to happen

cause no one else is doing it.

the first guy to do it and do it good is going to be a god that appeals to people who voted for bernie sanders or post about communism on twitter

well good luck to you user i hope you can make it work.

>people who voted for bernie sanders or post about communism on twitter
>reddit spacing
It checks out

It's already happening. Maybe not so much in the folk aspect but definitely in that bands are going for more flawed and under-produced sound.