/The Wire/

The fuck did I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ClTuBXqQ24
youtube.com/watch?v=UluX8EfUM-4
youtube.com/watch?v=MT-7LCRpPVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vn0ylNZhOJI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've thought about this a lot. And I think it is not that McNutty did a thing. But that a thing was done and McNutty was around at the time... also 5>2>3>1>4

cringed hard every time he said this meme catchphrase

>meme catchphrase
Don't.

McNulty just didn't give a fuck about what others thought of him, nor what his higher ups wanted him to do, therefore, he got fucked, but was lucky that he had connections and friends. He's one of the most human The Wire characters, I just love him, even though he's a piece of shit.

1=4 > 2 > 3 > 5

I don't get the hate for five, even though it's one of the weakest aspects of the show, it still had more than enough reedemable factors and was a genuine joy to watch, if not only for the scene where McNulty gets profiled.

Also, Bodie best girl.

>the scene where McNulty gets profiled
one of my favorite scenes in all of tv
and nice dubs

Same, and thanks. One of my other favorite scenes with McNulty, and there are a lot of them, is when he called D'Angelo's mother to tell her that her brother and Stringer killed him. When he told her he was the only one to give a shit about D' only made me feel more for D' as a character and for Mcnulty, too.

On an somewhat unrelated note, have you seen Generation Kill? It's by Simon's as well, and it's quite overlooked, but also very good. Shame it didn't get the attention that it deserves.

My favourite scene is when he drives home drunk and clips the concrete pole. He then turns around and tries the corner again - sure he can make it this time - and clips the corner even worse than before.

Childhood is idolising Avon

Adulthood is realising Stringer makes more sense

generation kill is excellent
seen it a few times
apparently it's based on the works of an actual embedded journalist who was actually a huge faggot

do you really need to repost the thread verbatim? is it bots or autistic lonelyfags who do it?

Stringer, indeed chocked on his aspirations. No pun intended

T H I S
it was liek seeing my future rolled into one three-minute scene

he only says it once or maybe twice during the show. it's memorable because it captures his character so well, not because it was an oft-repeated phrase

It's me, random user that has the sheer will to improve this board and make genuine discussions, instead of worthless shitposting.

My father, who did two tours in Afghanistan, loves the show, too. Also, Ziggy turned out fine, who would'ev guessed?

Great scene.

remember that scene where McNulty gets drunk, fucks that one chick and you see his ballsack while the camera pans up? why was that necessary?

>staring at mcnutty's nuts
dude

To display Irish balls.

In 5 fucking seasons the unit never once makes a successful case. in every season the main case is either butchered, nullified or never manifests at all. it's extremely frustrating but I assume thats kind of the point of the show.
also why did Kima rat out McNulty and Lester? how could she have no loyalty to them or even understand their cause after 4 years of experiencing getting fucked by the system and sympathizing with the renegades? talk about a turncoat cunt

I thought he drove into it on purpose the second time out of frustration

stringer was a total fuck up though

They almost landed it on Davis, but the faggot is too charismatic and shiet.

that always happens and it's fucking annoying. even in season 2 they have sobotka nailed and he gets murdered at the last second. and they never even touch on the drug/girl distributor the greek. it's probably the least satisfying procedural in existence. amazing, but wholly unsatisfying in many ways

It was perhaps too much, even for her. You've seen how Bunk reacted, didn't you?

Prop Joe and him had the right idea, too bad new school lead by Marlo took over the scene.

Davis was good police. He did defend his squadron a lot of times, remember the ending of S1?

If I recall she ratted them because their arrangement was fucking over other investigations or something.

that was bunks problem with it. greggs literally rats them on them the second she founds out. the only investigation it was fucking over was her own

clay davis was the state senator silly

Fuck, mistook him for Daniels. Thanks for correcting me, my dude!

This didn't live long...

FBI lady is an underrated waifu

Which FBI lady? The lawyer?

>/The Wire/

fuck off redditor

>"Do I fit in, yet? XDDD"
First and foremost, fuck off. Second, try not to spam reddit on The Wire threads, since they're actually worth caring about compared to tons of capeshit and SW that plauge Sup Forums nowadays.

Getting through season 2 again. Whole Sobotka family story is the biggest tragedy in this whole show.

>tfw Nick's father reminds me of mine

On the other hand Ziggy's duck is the worst metaphor right next to the chess scene.

That chess scene was good, why do many find it so atrocious?

WRONG

1. 4

2. 1

3. 2

4. 5

5. 3

3 is objectively the worst because it doesn't add anything to the story. Instead we get a rehash of the Barksdale story which is supposed to segue into the Marlo arch; but then all you're left with is a mediocre City Hall story (OMG POLICE STRKE!), a boring HAMSTERDAM plot where the cops get lazy, and the laziest wrap up to a character's story I've ever seen (DUDE, AVON BARKSDALE SET UP STRINGER AS REVENGE, LMAO)

three would be a decent season if it were any other show; but since this is the Wire we're talking about, it's sub par.

Third season adds to the story a lot and introduces new characters, not to mention that it gives necessary depth to characters such as Carver and Avon, not to mention that we saw how Stringer succumbed to his ambition. Hamesterdam wasn't stupid, and served to show the viewer how that was more effective then following standard procedures, since putting criminals behind bars is a futile deed, considering the fact that there will always be more like them. And the part when Avon sold Stringer to Omar was well executed, what the fuck are you complaining about?

Why don't shows use camerawork like The Wire anymore?

One of my favorite things about the show was how the camera wasn't static like most of the garbage on television today.

>It's me, random user that has the sheer will to improve this board and make genuine discussions, instead of worthless shitposting.

Based user.

And rarely does a show flesh out it's characters as well as The Wire did.

That was one of the most cold blooded killings on the show.

Really set the tone for the rest of the series.

Spot on.

How did Clay Davis get away again
did he really just play the race card and that was it

youtube.com/watch?v=9ClTuBXqQ24

>You gonna help, huh?
>You gonna look out for me?
>You gonna look out for me, Sgt. Carver?
>You mean it?
>You gonna look out for me?
>You promise?
>You got my back, huh?

;_;

>cold blooded killings
They both were extremely unnerved and horrified. They just felt they had to do it because le street code.

Ironically, he went on to be one of the more successful careers from that show.

Meanwhile Bodie and Poot and practically irrelevant these days.

Considering I was in high school during season 4, this hit too close to heart.

Ironic indeed, and a such a shame, too.

>justifying the murder of a kid who just wanted take care of his brothers and sisters and got his young mind manipulated by the shady ass Baltimore police.

They should have done a story arc with one of the kids growing up and getting surprise revenge.

WHERE'S THE BOY STRING

Not to mention that he sold some of his collegues.

I'm not justifying it. I'm saying the killers weren't cold-blooded or anything.

>D'Angelo never wanted to be a gangsta
>he just never has a choice
>he got literally cucked and then killed because of that

That's all you need, silly.

Almost prophetic, desu.

D's one of my favorite characters on the show, his growth was truly astounding. I felt so bad for him, especially when he died just because he wanted to be something more than a mere criminal, not to mention the scene in season 3 where McNulty said he was the only one to give a shit about the poor kid.

>got literally cucked

Pic related.

Why did his kid just disappear?

Wasted potential desu. Season 4 could have had D's son growing up, finding out String did it and turning over to Marlo's side instead of a random like Michael.

ziggy had good scenes, where he snaps, and his dealing with frank in custody

It was better the way they did it in the show. It was more satisfying when Avon, even though he was quite hesitant and you could feel it, sold out his best friend to Omar and brother Mouzone.

Should I re-watch the series for the 8th time?

Also 2 > 3 > 4 > 1 > 5

You definitely should. I do the same yearly, and I don't regret it one bit.

cuz she gots nekkid

Pic related was better, but Beadie was truly best girl.

They should've turned the case over to the FBI but Bond wanted to become mayor instead of trying to bring about justice.

>tfw watch it towards the end of every year

The Wire feels like a very late autumn/winter show imo

If The Wire was out today, Mouzone and Omar would have made out after they offed String.

The girl we wanted to see nekkid

Nah, they'd just center Omar's character about being gay and how they're so progressive, but good thing Simons knew what he was doing and made one of the best anti-heroes ever seen on television. The morning cereal scene always makes me laugh, in a good way.

I always see it during the summer/early autumn, but I can see where you're coming from, since the show is quite depressing.

Don't die on me, come on, Sup Forums!

>mrw when the greek makes it out fine in the end

>And I'm not even greek
Getting caught wasn't a part of his plan.

he really was the Emperor Palpatine of the Wire universe.

I live in a place where about 30% of the people are from greek heritage and basically all greek shops are scams or tax evasion fronts.

Friday I bought a gyro in a small hole in the wall shop and while waiting in the small store, 7 dude came out of the basement. The way they were dressed, they were not working at the restaurant. It was Sopranoesque.

This place is in a duplex where the second floor is an erotic massage studio.

>malakas

I can definitely see that, sure.

Why they never did a Wire/Soprano crossover saga is beyond me.

They both have a similar feel and could totally mesh.

>Sopranos have to leave New Jersey because FBI is cracking down hard in NJ
>Move to spot in shitty part of Baltimore until things cool down
>Meadow falls for Bodie
>Tony and McNulty run into each other and epic dialogue ensues
>Omar and Michael Corleone conflict

List goes on.

Even though many deem him boring in season 4, seeing how he was happy here made me really happy, too. I fooled myself into beliving that he fixed himself and that he'll finally live a happy life with Beadie. That smug bastard.

Even though I'd love to see this, I'd also like to see McNulty in Mad Men.

Oh, Jimmy.

any ranking that doesn't start with 2 is objectively wrong

Season 2 was great, but the first one and the fourth one are better.

2>4=1>3>5 is the truth, and nothing else

As much as season 2 is overlooked, and even though I love it, 1/4 are better.

Yes this is the best ranking order.

4>3>2>1>5

Any other order is wrong.

>1 this low
>3 better than 2 and 1
You're wrong.

You happy now bitch?

Morons who think that it's bad only because it's so blatant.
Symbolism doesn't have to be subtle.

Agreed.

kek mcnulty is based

this is good but 2 is only better than the others on rewatch imo.

not sure why. i just appreciated it way more the second time around.

It's not even symbolism cause they literally mention Stringer in the scene. No idea why it triggers people tho.

The whole show is much better one the second viewing, including season 2.

I don't get why people hate him.

youtube.com/watch?v=UluX8EfUM-4

to me this is one of the best scenes in any fucking show ever.

>your way...

>it won't work.

>...

Sobotka is easily one of the better characters in the show.

reminder that if you don't think that season 2 was the GOAT season of all series ever, you haven't come to trully appreciate what the Wire was about.

I'd say you discover something new every time you watch it. I've watch the whole series 7 times.

>i cri evritym
youtube.com/watch?v=MT-7LCRpPVQ

I can see the appeal and I do love it, but season 4 is more relatable to me, since I was in high school att.

True, I've seen it around 5 times, and I do notice new things with every re;watch.

>he drove into it on purpose

this. nobody got it apparently

he's a detective, so he tried to see if he could trace back all the steps he did and repeat it. If he would crash, that meant he was right.

I don't remember the profiling scene, could you remind me please?

no, you fucking fanboy sent to suck the essence out of the series. It's not what you said at all.

Here you go, my dude:
youtube.com/watch?v=vn0ylNZhOJI

ohhhhhhhhhh

when he faked the murders

Yes, that's the one.