Are they the modern day Nickelback?

Are they the modern day Nickelback?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zHx0JajbT1A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes in the regard they make popier versions of the popular genre (nickleback to numetal) (imaginedragons to indie alt.)
No in the sense the "internet randomly hating on some band" meme has already been done, and the majority enjoy watered down music now

i thought they were more or less the new coldplay

LE HOW DO WE LE MAKE LE SONGE
LE IDEA
ADD LE MASSIVE BASS IN LE BACKGROUND
LE EPIC XDD

>hey guys check out this new rock band
>has no guitars
>starts playing r&b

this
they also mix it like complete shit

>nickleback to numetal
>Nickelback
>nu metal
Wow.

I'll admit something. Radioactive was pretty damn ambitious for an Alternative Rock song. The bleak, horrid imagery of the world crumbling at the folds, the fear that came with the uncertainty of what destruction would come next, and that epic chorus ushering in a new era of hell for the end of humanity, it all felt so grandiose, as if they were the summoners of darkness that purged the world into oblivion. Along with the jangly guitars that complimented the brooding industrial beat, it truly felt godlike compared to most other Indie Rock tracks of the time. Imagine Dragons had quite a bit of potential just emanating from that song alone.

Too bad they wasted it away on making generic Pop Rock garbage.

literally all their songs are just taking a normal song and then making it massively grandiose
thats all they do family

Imagine Talent

Nu metal was the wrong word.

At the time bands like Drowningpool were huge. Nickelback took that music and dumbed it down. Much like imaginedragons is doing to their genre, but with the bonus of indie feeling like the fakest, shallowest genre at the moment (for the majority of the bands)

nickleback was considered post grunge.
Post grunge bands took grunge and inverted it. making it mainstream radio garbage.

Post grunge bands are more like bush, godmack, creed, nickleback, puddle of mud, stained, and the foo fighters.

Nu metal were bands like slipknot, system of a down, korn, limp bizket incubus, deftones. they combined metal with rap elements.

really you should blame coldplay, foster the people, and mumford and sons for this abomination called imagine dragons

I haye coldplay with a passion, foster the people is a one hit wonder, and mumford and sons had a few decent songs, but as a whole were cringe, looking back. But still i don't really blame them.
Look at the way bands are "evolving" to stay relevant. Coldplay, imagine dragons, fallout boy, muse, linkin park, 30 sec to mars. It all sounds the EXACT same. So i don't think any one band can hold the blame, but the movement of bands trying to appeal to labels

>Nickelback
>nu metal
kys

No, but they are worse

This band kills the soyboy

You're memeing, but, unironically, Imagine Dragons is top tier soycore. It's the kind of music that you can only pretend to enjoy / delude yourself into believing you enjoy, once you've completely hollowed out and replaced your soul with a calculated goop of all the things you think look good and will make people like you. That's the result of estrogen dominance in males, i.e. soy disease.

soyboy detected

meming aside i agree. Thankfully I've never met anyone over 12 who unironically likes them though

This one kid at my college loves them, he's Mormon though which probably explains it.

And the ones you really need to blame are U2
jk, it's Bowie
but actually U2

>didn't read the rest of the thread
I know Mormons who like them (because the band is from BYU IIRC) and a very catholic girl liked them. Maybe there's a christian rock feel to the music?

I used to listen to their first album a lot when it came out. There's one track where the guy is just screaming and they have some pretty nice female vocals in the back to compliment it.

Now everytime I hear Thunder play on the radio it makes me wish I was never born.

it has always sucked ass, millenials are to blame for their success
youtube.com/watch?v=zHx0JajbT1A

most indie pop bands have just one "hymn" song in their album

I just find nobody knows one of my fav albums
listen to bazaar by wampire, its good

nice post my man

now THIS is soyboy music.