What are some good Trap albums Sup Forums? I'm a hip-hop oldhead trying to get into the genre...

What are some good Trap albums Sup Forums? I'm a hip-hop oldhead trying to get into the genre. Just bout to check this out

Denzel Curry and Travis Scott are two of the more artistic and album oriented trap artists.

theyre both releasing this year
exciting desu senpai, unless travis fucks it up

>unless travis fucks it up

Wouldn't be surprised, but I hope he doesn't. My expectations for Denzels album are sky high though, especially after the 13 EP.

yeah same i cant wait

Is Travis worth getting into? I listened to Owl Pharaoh and fucking hated it

Owl Pharaoh blows, and anyone who tells you otherwise is lying. Literally listen to any other project of his.

Just wait till the 23rd for the best album ever created trap or not, NIGGUS IFFI UH STIFFI GOT THE BLICKY UH

listen to rodeo and days before rodeo
the game will be forever changed
SCUUUUUUM GAAAAAAANG

Travis's new stuff any good? I haven't listened to him since Rodeo

eh
if u wanna dab and listen to average trap
havent listened to his newer stuff all the way through

psst.

Rodeo was a fluke

days before rodeo is also good though
but its looking more and more like you are right tbqh sadly

GAWTBASS
Moniker
PANTyRAiD
RL Grime

ds2 is kind of sellout future, so is a lot of his more recent stuff

his best works are pluto (2012) and 56 nights (2015)

migos early mixtape "young rich niggas" is a great primer on the group and that sort of music in general. last year's "culture" record has a few of the best sounding rap songs in years period.

"trap" is quite honestly a trite umbrella term imo but i understand what you're getting at, and while i wouldn't call young thug "trap" he is certainly on the eccentric, jazzy end of it with his vocals. if you like some of the autotuned hooks on these records, young thug basically takes that style to an entirely new level while being an excellent bar for bar rapper. most of his mixtapes and albums thus far are good

a general rule with all these modern rappers, and rap as a whole really except for a short period in the early 90s is this: albums are them trying to make money and satisfy contracts w/ labels, ergo it has rarely been the best way to approach rap music. youtube is your friend, search for an artist or a song and click around or leave autoplay on and let the machines guide you through all the rap music

bless you and bless america

This 30x over and I say this as somebody who loves Rodeo, he will never come close again

what makes rodeo good?

travis isn't an interesting rapper and just because his sounds are slightly different from mainstream trap and he uses auto tune a lot doesn't make his work compelling. It's also culturally irrelevant except for hypebeasts

>not listening to instrumental trap

Flockaveli is the only true Trap classic album.

barter 6, monster, culture, finally rich, flockaveli, imperial, monster, no label 2, slime season 3, sremmlife, trap lord, 13

Check out pic
It's good

don't. preserve your braincells, there is nothing wrong with being an 'oldhead' its a weak millenial soy meme

don't start with that. start with:
Gucci Mane - Trap House
T.I. - Trap Muzik
Young Jeezy - TM101
Waka Flocka Flame - Flockaveli