/sino/ - 中文

World War III edition

The thread for posting in Chinese and discussion about the Chinese speaking world.

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=LpYZtOvFJ0Q

>Learning resources:
pastebin.com/KpgEG6G9

>Recommended TV Series:
movie.douban.com/tv/#!type=tv&tag=国产剧&sort=rank&page_limit=20&page_start=0

>Recommended Movies:
movie.douban.com/explore#!type=movie&tag=华语&sort=recommend&page_limit=20&page_start=0

>Literal Chinese cartoons:
bangumi.bilibili.com/guochuang/
ac.qq.com/event/cartoon2016/index.html

>Chinese Manga:
ac.qq.com/
u17.com/

>Online Novels:
qidian.com/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bZAfcZCG5jw
youtube.com/watch?v=krmP0oc17J0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Italian in China

Which one are you, /sino/?

>98% literacy

I find it extremely difficult to believe 98% of Chinese people can read and write.

What about all those dumb fuck rural peasants. They don't have anki decks or flash cards to rote memorise the 4,000 characters you need to be classed as literate

And remember the Chinese government lies about official stats.

>tfw you realize Kim Jong-un actually is a Chad

the 2% are belgiums who cant read and cant distuingish between a nigger dick and a hellicopter

Mao wasn't actually that bad, wish I could've lived in maoist china tbqh

our president is a sexy chinky milfy

I would actually fuck 'She' Jinping. Goddammit.

I pray that Drumpf is not insane or senile enough to attempt a first strike against DPRK.

>Drunf not senile
lulz right

China has something called, universal education. Vietnam and Thailand (poorer neighbors) are at 95% literacy. So maybe they are in on the lie as well, right?

5% of Portuguese are still illiterate though haahhaha

nam was in war with lards and even that they win and they are more litterate than amerifats

amerifats are only 60% litterate you dumbfuck

Literacy is a vague thing
From a personal view:
I think I am literate in English. But I can't fill a sick leave form in English at my work. I see wrong Chinese words being written all the time. So those who claim to be literate in Chinese might have problems doing these and that. But they are functioning well in society.

In theories:
What matters is the literacy rate now. Even if the literacy rate in Qing was low it doesn't mean we should ditch the writing system because most civil servants and lawyers and engineers are using it now it's too costly to train another batch of them.

Even if the literacy rate is still low today it's not necessary the problem of the writing itself. We can always blame the wars and western imperialism.

All that being said I do think people especially Taiwanese people don't give pinyin enough respect. Even if a person is truly illiterate of Chinese I think we should not look down upon him or her. But sometimes we just call foreign spouses illiterate and give them literacy programs. The BPMF isn't treated as formal as in china either. Writing in BPMF is not writing and is being ridiculed

>Spend time learning a word
>Chinks use a different word to mean the same thing

Kill yourself coimbran numale

>implying that doesnt exist in all languages
dumb britbong

im not amerifat to kill myself

BPMF is disgusting

The funny thing is the rule is loosening everyday. Pretty sure we are moving toward an alphabet direction

Neither because "education" is literally the cuck's profession.

I went to China and worked as an assistant professor at Tsinghua for an academic year.
I'm 29

¿Pensamientos?

Expected because China is surviving the stock market crash and it's moving away from manufacturing towards service based economy.

What is the millennial generation like in China? How about gen Z? Are they nationalistic? Do they want to murder the imperialist capitalist dogs of the Divided Hates of Amerikkka?

Why are you always responding to my posts?

And, correct.

Because you good content instead of Chinabashing or bad quality shitposting.

>goodcontent
nice troll

time to go back to the guangdong province

youtube.com/watch?v=bZAfcZCG5jw

why do people keep hoping for a China economic crash when China didn't cheer the US towards their economic crash?

Because wh*tey is concerned that China is going to bully them the way wh*tey bullied everyone else while wh*tey was top dog

Probably because rising China means problems for Western countries. USA is afraid to lose its position as the biggest dog of the pack and Europe is afraid because we're facing massive demographic changes in the next decade. Combine that with rising China and automation and Europe is done for.

peru? is the trip back on peru? have you booked your flights peru? this is good news peru

You need to scam some chink vendors peru, take all their money peru, they would do the same to you if they could peru, scam every chink in the province peru, do it for cindy peru

peru?

In 20 years the UN will be putting pressure on China to accept European refugees from the Islamo-European civil war.

Why do you people talk like these countries are kids in a school yard?

Nobody is hoping for a China crash, people are just pointing out that China has severe issues with it's economy which is filled with multiple bubbles and intentional currency devaluation (which is why they buy bonds to keep the dollar and other currencies high) when people talk about China being the gleaming future leaders of the world just because they hate the US and the west in general.

aint un fucked if NK nukes lards?

>> intentional currency devaluation

how is this different from QE? its the difference between drinking from a cup or a bowl.

> multiple bubbles

which have been either identified and sorted or still growing because they are unaware of it. that's the nature of bubbles, you can't see them coming. if you can see them ahead of time, the market would instinctively move to deflate through mitigation.

i don't understand what your argument is. mine is curios infatuation this Mongolian image board has with China failing when the world isn't a zero sum game. there is enough space to cooperate.

If DPRK nukes us first, China will stay neutral and allow USA to retaliate. However, I don't think DPRK will ever attack first. They're trying to goad USA into a first strike so they'll have China's support.

They won't strike first because they don't want to fight a war for their very existence with the US.

Does anyone in the Chinese communist party even care about communism anymore?

The United States has 95% of all foreign military bases, over 200k active troops in 177 countires. It is an Empire that is bent on maintaining total world domination for the rest of world history.

They won't strike first because whoever strikes first will be condemned by the international community. If USA can be goaded into striking first, China will defend NK and we'll just get fought back to the DMZ again like the first time.

The first time the US killed over 20% of the NK population, it targeted nearly every single man made structure. It destroyed 600,000 homes, 2000 schools and 1000 hospitals. The inability to secure total victory in Korea frustrated MacArthur so much that he wanted to nuke them, which lead to him being removed from his position by the President. They are not afraid of being "condemned by the international community", they are afraid of their country being totally annihilated-- the explicitly stated goal the the United States.

youtube.com/watch?v=krmP0oc17J0

Which is the best Mandarin accent?

>Taiwanese programme
>Chinese accent
Pretty funny tho lol.

Beijing

The "international community" for NK's purposes = China. China's state media has stated they will defend NK if the US initiates and wages an aggressive war. The USA is not capable of winning a land war against China on the Korean Peninsula.

i think they could win a land war if the USA committed to it.

politically, i don't think its possible. once the bombs drop, people are dying getting raped and massacred public opinion will inevitably change.

That's probably true, and it's good of China to promise to defend its neighboring allies against being turned into rubble, but the reason North Korea isn't launching a nuclear first strike is not for the sake of China. It's because they do not have a first strike policy, and they do not want to face total war with the US.

Doubtful. More like Europe falls to aging population and useless immigrants causing social instability. China is too big and competitive which cause even more economical problems in Europe. Remains to be seen what effect Trump has. If USA actually gets its shit together it might serve as a counterbalance to the Asian century.

use the race one

I want to see black Xi

they removed the filters
unless there is a way to bypass it

We're approaching a multipolar world order. USA will still be a great power, but it will no longer be a hegemonic power.

>It is an Empire that is bent on maintaining total world domination for the rest of world history
>for the rest of world history

from ovid's "metamorphoses", it was written 2000 years ago:

>>So times and countries change or weaker, stronger,
>>To rise or fall within the changing years.
>>Great Troy, the greater for her men and riches,
>>Poured blood as water in a ten-year war, .
>>Now shows earth-fallen ruins to the sky,
>>Her riches ancient names on broken tombs,
>>Time was when Sparta's light shone through the world,
>>Mycenae bloomed, and places where Cecrops
>>And Amphion held then highest seats of power.
>>But what of Oedipus and Thebes today?
>>Or Pandion's Athens rising to sky?
>>Names that are heard in halls of memory,
>>Names, names, and nothing more!
>>Now there is news that Trojan Rome is here,
>>That City built on stone where Tiber winds,
>>Whose sources are the Apenninean snows.
>>Each day she changes to a greater City
>>To rule the great unmeasurable world...

i guess you remember what happened to the roman empire too

Rather apolitical for the most part. Tiananmen Square managed to squish any political activism in China for the next 2-3 generations.

Not really, they're just corrupt opportunists for the most part. Real communists were suppressed after Mao's death.

>China's state media has stated they will defend NK

brinkmanship most likely from all sides

The reality is the US are in the weaker position here, the Norks have ICBM's now and they can't be steamrolled like Libya without millions dying.

Sanctions mean fuck all when they are bordering china their best buds, look at the Rhodesia/South Africa situation for historical effectiveness of such "100% international" sanctions. The Saffas back then said they would block all oil/arms imports to the Rhodesian government under UK/UN pressure but sneaked in shit loads anyway, likewise the rhodies sent their exports out through SA propping up their economy.

They realised communism is a spook dn

>/中文/
>在谈论北韩和美国

>if USA can be goaded into striking first, China will defend NK and we'll just get fought back to the DMZ again like the first time

You do know that the PLA is a typical junk Third World military with poor quality equipment and training and enormous corruption. A lot of military analysts question their effectiveness in a real war.

>lose 20,000 guys to a couple of Vietnamese militia and farmers with pitchforks

>The reality is the US are in the weaker position here, the Norks have ICBM's now and they can't be steamrolled like Libya without millions dying.

This is why I anticipate USA will have to come to terms with accepting a nuclear NK.

It doesn't matter: logistically China has a huge advantage against the US if the conflict takes place on the Korean Peninsula. This is why we were so badly overwhelmed in the first Korean War when the Chinese entered the conflict.

What I don't get about NK is that why do they refuse sell stuff.
Wouldn't it be viable for them to set up a few state owned companies and make contracts with those?
t.economics dummy

they had that chance back in the early 90's when gommunism was falling apart, instead the US did nothing but piecemeal sanctions or sporadic cooperation (only for it to stop when it turned out they were still building nukes) for 30yrs.

Mind you a conflict back then would have killed a shitload too, Seoul being in artillery range and all that.

Indeed, there was a long window of missed opportunity. Now DPRK will likely be able to sell its nuclear tech to other hostile regimes with the impunity afforded to states by the possession of nuclear ICBMs. A major strategic loss for USA's nonproliferation goals. Sad! Many such cases!

You do know that we killed 7x as many Chinese in 1950-53 as the number of men we lost and if we'd decided to go into total war instead of a limited war of containment, (say by bombing their port cities) it would have been lights out. Back at that time, the PRC was only a year old and had not yet completely consolidated power, they were still busy suppressing KMT holdouts.

>offered a job in Shenyang
>literally right before WW3

at least this is all entertaining, also a nuclear holocaust will clear up all the sexpats

They sell weapons to a few countries.

Then why not expand on these?
Assemble phones, radios, electronics! Possibilities without needing to open up politically.

One thing that's significantly different today is that the Chinese have a near-complete lack of combat experience while in the Korean War they had tens of thousands of veteran troops who'd fought the KMT and Japanese.

A protracted war would probably weaken the CCP's hold on power and encourage provincial governors and army officers to start coups or try to secede from the country, I doubt they want that.

>the Norks have ICBM's now and they can't be steamrolled

You seem to be unaware that they never were, they've had a ton of conventional artillery ready to level Seoul since the 70s. There's been to point where it would've been safe t launch an attack of any kind without risk of millions

That artillery may not even really be as powerful as we think and I doubt we don't have some kind of plans in place to handle it.

true

but it's just getting worse with time, first nippon etc being in strike range and now even burger clay at Guam

mfw 中文串里全在说英语

How do I into Zhuyin

>我的表情當檢體自出現在我的monitor上

If war happened, we wouldn't send troops north of the DMZ because nobody wants to provoke China. We'd probably limit our actions to air strikes.

>自
Fuck me time to kill myself.

they haz tunnels

at least those MOAB things will get some use

China will probably just go in there themselves, overthrow Kim, and install a puppet government completely under their control.

NK needs to be free so SEXPAT tourists can swap culture with north korean girl

ching chong bing bong~

I suggest you leave your country immediately to avoid fallout

You forgot as well that PLA's goal is to defend the CCP, not the nation of China. They're threatening war in Kashmir now. I believe we could handle them if they try anything.

I've heard that India's armed forces are even shittier. If a war happened, it would be like two drunk Down's Syndrome guys trying to throw punches.

at least the PLA don't shit in streets

Didn't the Chinese beat them up pretty badly in 1962?

The most serious harm USA's nonproliferation goals was done when Libya was attacked and Gadaffi was killed. The overthrow of Libya may have been suppressed by US state media but it was noticed by others.

That happened because Nehru was a retard and we were poorly prepared for war. The Chinese attacked again a few years later (1967) and were beaten back. Since both countries have nuclear weapons now, which we didn't 50 years ago, there's a smaller chance of a war happening.

From what I understand, Beijing are more immediately concerned with the India situation and view the events in Korea as a distraction.

Yeah I don't think they want a war on two fronts.

Probably because they think the US won't start seriously trying to go to war for another 6 months or longer.

>chinese thread
>no one speak chinese
这是/int日常啊

The 19th CCP Party Congress is taking place in the fall, where Xi Jinping is expected to be renominated for another five year term as general secretary. It's believed that he won't consider any military action anywhere until after the party congress is held.