Has anyone else fallen for the 4K meme?

Has anyone else fallen for the 4K meme?

>Be me.
>Purchase UltraHD OLED TV (Not really 4K).
>Buy UHD player.
>Buy 6 UHD titles at extortionate cost..
>Find out 4 are 2K upscales and one is actually some weird resolution of 3.8K at source (Deadpool).
>Even true 4K titles only have 2K effects or are hybrid combinations of 4K and 2K segments like The Martian.

Still at least HDR looks nice. Well, when it is mastered correctly that is and let's not forget there are now 4 HDR standards (Technicolor, Dolby Vision, HLG, HDR10).

Oh and no Dolby Atmos or True HD audio support over ARC (at least on the 2016 models).

Hollywood and the TV electronics industry Jewed me again.

I fell for it but I have Sky Q so get some movies and the sports in 4K

Get Jewed.

you do know 4k isnt actually 4000 resolution right?

>4k
>it's actually 2k
every time

You do know when you say you do know that your opinion is automatically shit right?

I know only on '4K' TV's it's not. UltraHD TV's are 3840x2160.

nope, PCs are barely ready for 4k, you think TV's will be? lel

But what about that sweet 15mbps Netflix 4k quality.

>falling for the netflix meme

breh..

Breh..

HD uses the vertical resolution to indicate what resolution it is (1080/720).

UltraHD and 4K uses the horizontal resolution although most people use 2160P to differentiate UltraHD.

we aint ready for 4k yet

>hardware
>internet speed
>isp data caps
>hard drive space

Encryption not yet broken.

Internet speed is the biggest problem. The 4k torrent uploaders compress the hell out of 4k movies and make it look even worse than large 1080p files. Can't wait for 4k to take off though. More pixels is always better. Soon every family will have a movie theater in the dining room.

dumb americucks its so easy
>tv becomes shit
buy another
>headphones become shite
buy aother

>he doesn't have his theater in his aviary

To be fair the OLED side of things is mainly what I got it for. The perfect blacks (when calibrated correctly) make up for its other drawbacks. Plus I got it on a good deal on black Friday.

>having large birds as pets
pic related is all you need famsan

Oh my God I hope this is bait

how many pixels is real life? VR sets still look like shit

kek

even when you use horizontal resolution it's not 4K, it's 3840p

What resolution is that?

>he doesn't have a theater behind a rotating fireplace in his library

I fucking know that. Only cinema's project actual 4K. Why do you keep reading that I think 4K is 4K on a TV? It's marketing bullshit.

>I made mistakes
LMAO, why am I supposed to be turned away from good equipment because you're retarded?

I'm waiting for the Lawrence of Arabia UHD-BD to drop and RDR2 on the Scorpio

I should have done my research yes. Anyhow it's kinda funny a lot of older movies shot on film get true UHD and later movies shot digitally in the last few years since Lucas did Attack of the Clones are 2K DI's or less (AotC's was shot at a shitty 1440x800 res and RotS at 1080).

16topkek. Multiplexural transdimensional resofinalsolution.

It not really that funny, I knew that well before UHD became mainstream for consumers. A lot of the things you're complaining about have been common knowledge among people who care about film for decades

But digital is better than analog!