STOP WATCHING MMA

STOP BEING AMERICAN

CIS MALE SCUM

BASED
A
S
E
D

I don't, but I'd much rather watch it than any pedantic shitty movie she is in. Much more entertaining. And I loved The Deer Hunter.

>calls mma not art
>lol she said to stop watching it haha!

Dishonest fake news spreading imageboard!

She's hardly the reason people like The Deer Hunter.

Literally one of the most diverse forms of entertainment in the world, yet she uses it as an example of racism. Great job.

I was just about to say thank fuck John Cazale died before he had to listen to this shit.

I can't remember the last Meryl Streep movie I watched?

Does she not realize much training and talent goes into sports, these actors would never be able to put that much dedication in, fucking pussies

I can't wait for Rogan to rip her a new one on his podcast.

Would I still...

Death becomes Her for me.

KILL WHITES
I
L
L

W
H
I
T
E
S

Her best movie desu

Is what she said true? Does Trump really want to deport Ryan Gosling and Natalie Portman?

Fuck Drumpf and fuck white ppl

>retarded, old millionaire who's been living in a bubble since she got into Hollywood thinks she's one of the people
KEK

what did she even mean by that
that was just baffling

>get life time achievement award
>spend the whole time complaining about politics

What a moron.

I never started because I'm not an idiot that enjoys watching two people beat the shit out of each other for money.

>LOL why do people pay attention to these whiny liberal celebrities?
>Let's keep making endless threads about them.

Negative attention is still attention.

Y-yes mam

im a sad

poor reporter

muh president

stop being asshole

Pretty much sums up Hollywood.

>retarded, old billionaire who's been living in a bubble since he was born thinks he's one of the people
KEK

How will Trumpkins ever recover now?

Does she actually say that? I didn't watch the golden Globes

What the fuck does she say about mma?

i'm not inteligent enough to appreciate the beauty of mma

It's easy to say this, but if you truly didn't want to give them attention either, you wouldn't even use the Internet.

Sensing a strain of harsh anti-intellectualism in this thread.

She said that Trump is going to deport all the actors and then only football and mma, which aren't arts, will be on TV.

MMA is dominated by non-americans. How dumb can you get?

Loads of short brown Brazilian men and women getting headlining opportunities in Hollywood films huh Meryl?

where do you think we are.png

Please. She just latched onto MMA because it's at an all-time high. She's one of THOSE people that wants things to be in "the good ol days".

>actors
>intellectuals

>I never started because I'm not an idiot that enjoys watching two people beat the shit out of each other for money.

>McGregor talks shit about pro-wrestler daily
>fucking silent when Meryl Streep shit-talks his entire sport

What the fuck is with this fella

i hate these rich assholes because they make it impossible to criticize trump and not get lumped in with the neoliberals

>#triggered

>he thinks intellectualism is to be lauded

To be clear: there is a difference between being learned and being an "intellectual."

He should challenge her to a fight

>Rich Liberal celebrity thinks she is the most vilified group in america.

Poor her.

When's the last time this sanctimonious cunt has been relevant?

T. Cuckold

I never really got him shit talking WWE anyway

like, pro-wrestling is a performance not some actual tournament

>stop watching probably the most diverse sport in the world
okay then

A dumb ignorant uneducated idiot of a woman defines martial arts based on her shallow knowledge from action films and sports competitions;
without every having researched and educated herself on the history of martial arts.
The history that spans thousands of years of
developing martial art dances as loopholes for nations banning weapons;
the history of martial arts being inexplicably connected to religion and philosophy in Eastern cultures, many of which were born from martial arts;
the history of developing magic tricks, illusions, and deceptive arts, based on martial arts;
the history of Eastern sects being based on martial arts as a medium through which they practice their beliefs and philosophies,
the history of architecture and weapon and tool design based on martial arts;
the history of using the human body to mimic animal movement as the most primitive dance known to all which happen to be a martial art for the purposes of adopting animal traits for efficiency;
the music and literary works through history made from martial arts and their philosophies.

This woman is an ignorant idiot,
and it is most often uneducated ignorant idiots who make themselves an authority to decide what is art and what isn't.
Even Capoeira wouldn't exist without martial arts.

He should just answer with a simple "Who?" if he's asked questions about her comments.
Those whole MMA world should too. Just ignore her.

So intellectualism is watching Hollywood blockbusters?

>Why don't all those bigoted dumdums in the rest of the country like us, their Hollywood superiors?

Fucking faggots.

Good ol days like slavery good ol days? Cause i'm down for that.

>Sup Forums now thinks MMA and football are arts

Connor was just trying to sell PPV buys with that rant. Secretly, he's a wrestling fan and has been rumored to be going to WWE for quite some time.

I don't watch "fighting" that's more scripted than WWE.

I'm to intelligent two bee an intellectual.

>actors thinking they have the authority to tell people what to think
>intellectualism
Kek, you supported Hillary because Robert Downey Jr told you to?

>She's one of THOSE people
She assumes that it's all beneath her and only meatheads watch the sport because it takes no intelligence.
Meanwhile she plays pretend daily in her life being a court jester for the masses. If actors weren't paid crazy amounts they'd just be seen as what they are, basic entertainers. She's the type of person to say soccer players like ronaldo are paid millions just to run around and kick a ball on a field not understanding she gets paid millions to pretend.

THE FUCKING IRONY
>A real difference

The history that spans thousands of years of
developing martial art dances as loopholes for nations banning weapons;
the history of martial arts being inexplicably connected to religion and philosophy in Eastern cultures, many of which were born from martial arts;
the history of developing magic tricks, illusions, and deceptive arts, based on martial arts;
the history of Eastern sects being based on martial arts as a medium through which they practice their beliefs and philosophies,
the history of architecture and weapon and tool design based on martial arts;
the history of using the human body to mimic animal movement as the most primitive dance known to all which happen to be a martial art for the purposes of adopting animal traits for efficiency;
the music and literary works through history made from martial arts and their philosophies.

>intellectualism

i've yet to read or hear a convincing argument against anything Streep said last night. also, she did not rail against MMA. she simply used it as an example, along with football, as to what people will watch if there were no Hollywood films. yeah, she was dismissive of MMA and football, but aren't the majority of women?

>dancing isn't an art
Sorry, but martial arts are by the very definition dancing, with a specific purpose other than entertainment, yet which can also serve as entertainment.
A series of body movements with a rule and character imbued within them (can be sturdy and strong, can be swift and gentle, can be defensive or offensive, can be deceptive and masked to create false openings or confuse),
which need a long amount of time to develop,
yet which vary from person to person as each person adds their own substance and characteristics to the same move.

To say martial arts are not art is the pinnacle of ignorance, stupidity, and closed-mindedness.

Actors feel guilty for earning millions by pretending to be other people, hence they feel like they have to """"""contribute"""""" to society by moral grandstanding in order to alleviate their guilt.

>only meatheads watch the sport because it takes no intelligence.

literally right

YAAAAAAAAAAAS

>Tom cruise
>Scientology
SAME THING

why the fuck should people listen to tax dodging ACTORS about politics

i mean there are some genuinely good actors out there who are politically active but are aware or come from working class backgrounds like michael sheen

then you have ivory tower cunts like meryl streep

Yeah, but most women have just as shallow pastimes and they don' try to set an example by with vested interest bashing them.

>why the fuck should people listen to tax dodging ACTORS about politics

This desu
You dont listen to overpaid soccer players about politics why should actors be any different
THE ABSOLUTE CHEEK

if she had said "it's not kino"

Sup Forums would have exploded

but you have described trump

Dumb old bitch

If you can't understand the beauty or complexity in things like mma I pity you

>And I loved The Deer Hunter.
Just a wild guess, but you probably don't love The Deer Hunter because of Meryl Streep.

she didn't bash mma or football. she simply stated they are not the arts and wagged her finger. if mma and football aficionados are such special snowflakes they can't dismiss a very, very slight criticism by a grandmarm, then it says a lot more about them than Streep.

Next she'll say that fencing and the art of sword dancing aren't arts because they can be used to fight people.

Ignoramus of unprecedented levels.

it's not just niggers slamming into each other, mom

dancing is art
sports are not

The Onion is so shit now at least Clickhole is still good

This is pretty much Sup Forums crying like Sup Forums when people say videogames aren't art

both are entertainment

She's right, mma is shit.
All of this condensed into 2 half naked men pounding eachother senseless in a cage for your viewing pleasure! don't forget to watch the insta replay from 20 different angles so you pinpoint the exact moment where the fighter gets knocked out or has his limb broken for maximum enjoyment!

It's cockfighting, all it amounts to. Can fuck right off if you're implying people like macgregor or Rousey or (insert anyone doing mma ) adhere to the philosophies of their respective martial arts.

Please enlighten me: from which remote secluded Chinese monastery did the ancient technique, handed down to masters spanning multiple centuries, of punching someone who's down and knocked out cold, originate from???

So painting pictures is art,
but a picture painting competition isn't art?

You do realize arts sometimes need more than one people competing against each other to bring out the beauty of them in a way different from solo performances, right?
Even rap battles are an art.

>To say martial arts are not art is the pinnacle of ignorance, stupidity, and closed-mindedness.
oh, i'd say mocking a disabled reporter fits the bill more closely. i would also say that mma isn't art. it's controlled violence. to say it's an art is stretching the definition more than i care to. i say this as an mma fan since the days of Pride (never die!).

I'm sure all the MMA fans will see the error of their ways now because the women from devil wears prada and the boring parts of deer hunter told them they were wrong.

Imagine a world without Hollywood, MMA guy. Where instead of the musical La La Land everybody was watching Mixed Martial Competition. Would that be horrible? Yes indeed.

I hope she tells people to go vegan next. We really need to eat less meat and it's much better for the environment. A lonly ice bear floats by, grapping hold to a piece of ice. The sound of a baby screaming, why didn't you save me? Didn't you know can't eat money? A tear rolling down my cheek.

i love mma.
i love football.
i'm okay with what she said (that they're not the arts).
/thread