"Forgive me. I feel it again. The pull to the light. Supreme Leader senses it...

>"Forgive me. I feel it again. The pull to the light. Supreme Leader senses it. Show me again the power of the darkness and I will let nothing stand in our way. Show me, grandfather, and I will finish what you started."

Reminder that in this scene Kylo Ren is literally talking to Darth Vaders force ghost who is responding back to him, as we have seen in scrapped Episode 7 content. Reminder that Anakin/Vader is going to be in Episode 8 at a force ghost.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f1wddgoccAI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

and what does he say?

Play the best song in the world, or I'll eat your soul

upboated

No more force ghost in Star Wars thanks to China's no-ghost policy in films and Disney wanting to milk every last penny out of their $4 billion dollar investment, user.

boy, the prequels to the sequels probably would have been a lot better than the shit we're getting

Just wait for the sequels to the sequels.

>Implying
The only way Kylo's actually talking to Anakin's Force Ghost, is if it's not actually Anakin's Force Ghost but rather some bullshit Snoke is pulling to manipulate him.

Anakin is no longer a freaking Sith. That was the entire god damn point of the Return of the Jedi.
Then again, the whole reason they even needed to destroy the shield generator was because small ships can't just fly straight through shields using their hyperdrive, so what do I know.

lmao

Holy shit. Fuck Disney.

Well me Kylo, we looked at each other, AND WE EACH SAID

He doesn't respond you dickfuck. Kylo is too far into the dark side to actually converse with his ghost. But I think the "pull to the light" actually is Anakin attempting to bring him out of the darkness enough to contact him.

Dark side energy can be imbued on objects so I guess that would be the reason

kinda a copout since Anakin became goodie goodie before he died

his motivation is ass backwards. he's suppose to be naturally a good person but struggles to do bad? that makes a poor narrative. there's a reason most similar character arcs are a naturally good person struggling to go GOOD in a bad situation. because doing good should be the hard thing not the other way around.

>"When you light a candle, you also cast a shadow.’ That inspired me to propose, for the first time, that Anakin’s ghost could come back […] If we see Anakin Skywalker, because he does flow back and forth between Darth Vader and Anakin, let’s see him as a character with a dark and light side. The reason Luke is this whole new entity is because he was the first to acknowledge his own dark side — that it was not separate from him."

From The Art of The Force Awakens

none of what that user said is true

they're doing a reversal of being seduced by the dark side

Classic no (you)s for correct answer. You're right no way that Vader would still be directing him towards the dark path.

A neat twist would be for him to actually hear Vader's words of warning about the ruin of the dark side.

liked

>we saw some scrapped content about how Anakin might be in the movies as a ghost
>this confirms that a two-way conversation was taking place in this scene

jumping to conclusions OP, pointless thread

>He is one person but also two
This is the kind of bullshit Christian Patriarchs argued about before the Schism to pretend like their job has meaning.

why would a naturally good person need to be seduced by the light side? its like trying to trick a nun into helping orphans.

Maybe the decades he spent enveloped in the dark side corrupted his suit? I doubt his redemption could clear the taint of all his murders completely.

But Anakin seemed pretty ok with the light at the end of episode VI, why would he be edge darklord now

It's bullshit, but my working theory is that Snoke sent visions of fake, Evil Anakin onto Kylo, and convinced him that the Jedi are just a bunch of washed up, self destructive smackheads, and the galaxy needs someone who is a master of the dark-side at the top, because just look at all the good the Rebels managed to accomplish after their victory, which according to TFA is exactly jack diddily shit.

I mean it could work and would be less bullshit if the entire reason this could work didn't hang on the fact that TFA completely undid everything everyone in the Original Trilogy fought for, instantly invalidating its own motivation because why the fuck would we care if they win again, if they already demonstrated that it doesn't accomplish anything, but that's another thing.

he's been corrupted by Snoke and the dark side

Why are communists so fucking shitty in every single way possible

I don't think he's talking to him here, but I think this scene highly suggests that he's talked to "Vader's Force Ghost" before. Whether or not that ghost is real or is just Snoke messing with his mind isn't clear. It's most likely the latter.

He's trying to immerse himself in the dark but feels guilty for doing bad because he's not a naturally bad person. I don't see how this doesn't make sense. That doesn't mean doing good wouldn't still be hard, but guilt is a thing that exists.

The question becomes why he's trying to immerse himself in the dark, which we don't know yet. Presumably he feels like he has to.

>
>
okay

>China's no-ghost policy in films
yes it is, look it up

kylo has been visited by schizophrenic dark side\light side anakin ghoast () and sine he was a small child and he is now completely insane

>beesa a bad guy Kylo
>a berry berry bad guy
>Isa Darth Bader ghost Kylo

you stupid faggots it should have been his force ghost pulling him to the light the whole time.

My thought as well.

I think that Snoke manipulates Kylo with the Vader spirit/obsession. He probably manifests the spirit that acts like Vader... but is not actually Anakin who redeemed himself and is one with the force.

I think it may be a parallel to the theory that Palpatine influenced Anakin's visions of Padme dying in order to turn him to the dark side.

I agree with your first statement, but don't forget that padme actually fucking died the exact same way Anakin had visions of. He was seeing the future without realizing what he was seeing was his fault. I don't think palpy had anything to do with it

I think Snoke conjured visions somehow.

It is clear that he was around Ben Solo - Kylo Ren for a LONG, LONG time.

From novelization that had bits and pieces of various scripts in it.

The Emperor never died.

That's why I think he's by far the most intriguing character in the new trilogy, his story has a lot of potential. But if his whole shtick is wanting to be dark just for the sake of it he'll be as shit as the rest

Palpatine can see the future. Therefore I think he gave Anakin the visions.

In Return of the Jedi, Palpatine tells Vader that he had foreseen Luke coming to Vader on Endor by his own will. Proof that he can have visions of the future and possibly give people visions.

The scene is when Vader senses Luke and the Rebels landing on Endor. He then goes to the Throne room to tell Palpatine. Palpatine tells Vader to simply go to the planet and that Luke will come to him. He has foreseen it.

I can't find the full clip, but here is a small part of that scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=f1wddgoccAI

I thought it was just a schizo kid talking to his grandfather's helmet which is in a over-large ashtray.

Hopefully Episode 8 will explain this shit, for now he's just a guy who wants to be evil but is too soft.

>for now he's just a guy who wants to be evil but is too soft.

That's kind of adorable.

Kylo wants to be hardcore, but his grandad wont let him.

I doubt he 'foresaw' Luke coming to Vader; he simply put two and two together and figured Luke volunteered on the mission because he wants to confront Vader.

>All this cool shit we could have gotten
>Instead we get Episode VII: Episode IV: A New Hope Awakens

Thanks, Jar Jar Abrams.

WHY DID LEIA KEEP LEAVING HER SON AROUND SNOKE?!?!

This. If Kylo is a double agent, undercover as Snokes apprentice like some theories suggest. The scene from the OP is really about how he fears being discovered. Gives his whole struggle and emotional turmoil from killing Han more gravity. Kylo has to do all this horrible shit to immerse himself in the dark-side so Snoke trusts him. To eventually get close enough to kill Snoke.

user I don't think Snoke went to his kindergarten to take him in his van like some rapist, he probably contacted him telepathically or some shit and she couldn't do anything.

>Vader's force ghost is evil
>Young Anakin Hayden Christiansen ghost is good
>They have a lightsaber duel

Literally kino

As if there will be any nuance or openness to interpretation in these films. I watched TFA again and noted how blunt and dumbed down all the exposition was. They give their audience no credit and write a script for children. You aren't going to see anything complex in any of these movies.

I've said it before, I'm gonna say it again: Hayden's ghost was the best change Lucas did to the Original Trilogy. It was a good change. It is beautiful showing Luke what his father looked like when he was the Jedi Master.

If the twist is that Kylo was meant to be a double agent, I think the story will be that he takes it too far, gets too immersed, and is approaching a point of no return that they have to bring him back from. I don't think Luke would ever have a plan of killing Han.

All of the exposition in all of the star wars movies is blunt and dumb. Writing has consistently been the weakest thing about these movies, including the OT films. Just about any time someone has to explain something the whole movie comes to a screeching halt so that two people can sit on a thing and discuss space magic or super weapons, or the plot of the movie.

where is this pic from? the novel?

The movie novelization.

But that's just a theory
A GAME THEORY
Which isn't even a theory, it's a fucking hypothesis, learn the scientific method Matpat you cunt

>still bringing up Game Theory
>2013+4

Wait, if Snoke was talking with Ben since he was a child... how the fuck didn't Luke noticed that? Ok, the Jedi have a history of being blind when it comes to dark side of the force users(like the entire Council during the Clone Wars), but come on!

>expecting anything from Disney Wars

>I don't think Luke would ever have a plan of killing Han
Assuming Luke had anything to do with undercover Kylo.

If he did it would probably more along the lines of
>im going into hiding now kylo so i wont be able to help you. snoke will be looking to test your resolve and you will have to do some nasty shit. just remember this is the long con, so do whatever he asks

Jesus it's either you're all thirteen or all manchild.Undercover Kylo?What the fuck?

This is why EU sucked.This is why Lucas sucked.This is why Disney buying SW is the best thing that could happen to SW franchise.

Undercover kylo is just a fan theory of episode 8.... not EU... and I agree most the EU sucks

Kill yourself, my man

You got it wrong. He THINKS he's talking to Vader, but then Vader is going to actually come back and tell him he's must love, and that's the truth of the Force.

>From his point of view he is doing good.

Haven't you even seen the thousands of Anakin memes.

A bad guy never actually thinks he's bad.

underrated

can we conquer china by creating hologram projectors? Having the holograms lookig like ghosts

or maybe just send soldiers covered in sheets

>No more force ghost in Star Wars thanks to China's no-ghost policy in films and Disney wanting to milk every last penny out of their $4 billion dollar investment, user.

Why can't they just, idk, do a Chinese edit and a ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD edit?