Holy shit

holy shit

>not listening to this album when it first came out
>not seeing them live in concert

t. Grandpa

>The shape of punk to come is horrible hipster metalcore
Really makes you think

Retard

Can someone explain why the fuck there is an italian part at the end of the first track?

I got this album in 2003 when I was 14. My taste in music has changed drastically since then, but this album will always have a special place in my heart. Tannhauser/Derive is godtier.

>TSOPTC
>metalcore
Pick one. Good god.

it's just shit

Edgy contrarian.

>albums with only 1 good song

It's acting like a radio station. My Italian is shoddy but from what I boils down to "next up we'll have something with high energy, boys and girls, from the new sensation, the swedish band Refused, with their new Swedish House hit, Refused Party Program" (note: this may be entirely wrong, but it's something akin to that). I don't know why they did it in Italian, but I reckon it might be referencing the Italian electronic music scene.

>not this thread because this album is good start to finish now pls go listen to kenderp jamal and local natives

huh...

This album was just OK

t. kid who adores radiohead, fugazi and husker du

i just noticed the top left image isn't some kind of 1950s satellite but it's a guitar

t. retarded pleb

More like Bad Religion, The Offspring and Millencolin

plebs don't like TSOPTC though so ?????

Those are three good artists

>Those are three good artists

that moment when u title ur album analogous with one of the most influential jazz albums that actually defined a sound but ur own album's just a mediocre turd in the ocean

Great argumentation.

holy fuck

I always thought it was a sputnik because edgy communist.

>arguing on Sup Forums

>thinking Fugazi or Husker Du are not good

Imagine being this ignorant

ornette coleman called he wants his album title back

t. non musician

>Today in Bad Takes...

t. musician who is bad at music
>arguing on Sup Forums and using your status as punk rawk "musician" to "win" arguments
>can't kek any harder

>"musician" to "win" arguments
You mean like posting anime reactions to win arguments?

A little bit yes, and a little bit no.

Dennis! Är det du?

TSOPTC is great but it's not as good as Fugazi's or Dü's best albums you retard (Radiohead is mediocre shit though)

Rare I agree with every word from a post, but here it is

I'd say I agree if not for the fact I like Radiohead, but in a very different way to how I like Fugazi, Husker Du or Refused.

Fugazi and Husker Du are not good. Literally brainlet music.

>(Radiohead is mediocre shit)
Is this the contrarian equivalent of virtue signalling? Is there a term for this?

I thought it was a sputnik then some 50s television. Now I see it's a guitar and it's like seeing the arrow in the FedEx logo.

Autism.

Not even. Autists and normies both love Radiohead. In this case we are dealing with morbid stupidity. This kid thinks that punk/hardcore is better than Radiohead lol. I may have a stroke just trying to comprehend it. Fast powerchords and yelling are apparently god level to this kid, but Radiohead are mediocre. We are dealing with an actual brainlet.

Kek

>TSOPTC
>fast powerchords and yelling

radiohead are a band you're supposed to like in sophomore year of high school and then grow out of
they take interesting and unique ideas and dilute them and make them accessible until there's nothing original or shocking about them in the slightest. anyone who criticizes top 40 pop but then feels superior to others for listening to radiohead is a fucking idiot who bough into the idea that something is meaningful or forward-thinking because it's packaged nicely.

Lol

Yeah, I know. Right?

nah,Radiohead are just an overhyped U2 really. Their most acclaimed works in reality are miles away than what they are praised to be. OK Computer is an album that did nothing new or interesting with the 90s alt sound but it had textures that make it seem like it's deeper than it is so people jizz over it . It's simply shallow and it's the textbook example of style over substance. Don't even get me started on Kid A which is a fucking insult to 90s IDM. It's somehow even more lifeless and shallow than OKC. Everything else they did isn't even worth mentioning. Fugazi and Husker Du did shit that Radiohead can't even dream of. Also the fact that you shit on punk because it's simplistic just proves you fell for Radiohead's style over substance sound and that you listen to them so people think you listen to good music. But I understand user,I was once in high school too.

>style over substance
care to elaborate? i honestly believe zen arcade is better than anything radiohead has done but they're still a fantastic band nonetheless, with ok computer and kid a being two exceptional records. what 'substance' (a pretty arbitrary term, might i add, especially in a musical context) is it that radiohead lacks?

Yeah it's a fantastic album. Definitely in my top 30 favorite albums. I saw them when they did a reunion tour in Baltimore before they released that god awful new album of theirs.

This album and Reinventing Axl Rose are probably my favorite "modern" punk albums.

I don't even really like Radiohead aside from Hail to the Thief but I still think that they're better than Fugazi and Husker Pu because they don't just tell and play sloppy power chords really fast. Lyrics are all they have going for them really.

Most of their post Bends albums feel like they have unnecessary layers to them that add nothing particularly interesting to them. Like I said OKC is very texturally rich with more creative guitar arrangments and electronic elements (to be fair these actually somewhat add to the albums narrative of feeling like a robot but their use is still too excessive to be subtle) but they feel like they exist for the sake of being there to make the music sound like it has a bigger message. Kid A has always sounded like an alt rock album to me which uses an IDM mask. Its main theme which connects the songs is depression (that's how it seems to me) so they made it electronic so it appears colder to convey the theme more genuinely but they totally fucked up in that aspect because they approached IDM with an alt rock perspective so it comes off as trying too hard to be deep. The rest of their albums either work on a similar shtick (except for In Rainbows which isn't that bad but it's cliche as fuck). So I guess I'm trying to say that they care too much about the presentation of their message and kind of seem to value it more than the message itself in an attempt to appear artistic. That's why I think they're style over substance personally

Today I learned that Radiohead use effects and that this somehow drowns our lyrics