There are people who genuinely think this is the greatest album of all time

There are people who genuinely think this is the greatest album of all time.

lol

dead format

yeah that's fair

Its considered a classic for a reason.

No but you'd have to be a contrarian not to say it comes pretty close to.

Youre acting like its a bad album

isnt it the 2nd most sold album of all times?
did they all buy it ironically?

Not even the best PF album.

ok

Well, it certainly is one of the greatest album of all time..

i listened to it just the other day just to see what was all about and fucking hated it... no wonder why most of the people who likes this album and pink floyd in general are always stoned, you have to be on drugs to enjoy this garbage

it is

it's ridiculous to assume that it's possible to narrow down one single greatest album of all time, so any claims of being the greatest album of all time are implicitly not supposed to be an absolute statement. since this is a very good album that achieved a lot of mainstream success it is not unreasonable that it gets mentioned in that light very frequently

>Pink Floyd
>Good

This. I don't think it deserves GOAT claims by any means but no one can deny it's an incredibly good album

There are people who genuinely think this isn't the greatest album of all time.

Have you ever realized that the whole artistic output of Michael Jackson really was heading NOWHERE? It really was a batch of vague associative bubbles with no actual statement, it was highly suggestive without actual, solid content. For me, Michael Jackson was the personification of vaporwave, a void shell and something really representative for the united states of america. Furthermore watching his videos really can cause a serious laugh attack, the attempts at touching and addressing ones feelings are really remarkably laughable and comedic. Lately it was the first time since not being a child anymore (which mostly is accompanied by sharpening of consciousness etc.) when I watched his videos from the 1990's and realized that those were suggestive, exploiting and shameless self-adulations which were solely made to evoke and address feelings and it is clear that those were made not in a organic creative process or even in a hybrid way, those were made following a scheme, a script and solely for the purpose of having an effect on the perceiver. I mean, it's nothing new or special in the multimedia industry, but, holy mother of Osiris ( xD ), the lack of genuinity really blows ones mind. Not to mention that hideous videoclip with the egyptian theme, this is really some top-tier grave desecration, display of disrespect and impiety and, just like the other Michael-Jackson-videos, a massive and impactful cringe overkill.
I bet you can imagine some simple-minded (not that this is a thing that is bad in an absolute way) people who just watched one of his videos ("They don't care about us", for instance, which supposedly played in brazil) on TV (Let's say we are in the 90ties again) and proceed to talk like this: "That Michael Jackson is such a good lad! He helped the children in africa! He fights for the weak, poor and needy!".
This is concentrated doom and heresy.

o.k.

>there are people who don't know it's this.

that's because it is...I can't believe a board who can get TMR can't get DSOTM...smfh

>Have a Cigar exists

>Don't like Have a Cigar

It's not even in the Top3 PF albums

It's not even the best album of that month

>Not liking Have a Cigar

>Ummagumma, Piper and Animals are the Top3 PF albums!
Embarrassing

WYWH
Meddle
Animals

Now you know the truth

Pink Floyd's discography is just a tool for contrarians to flex their le refined taste by shitting on the popular releases and praising basic shite like pic related.

DSotM
WYWH
Animals

Obscured
Meddle
Saucerfull

Side 1 is a little weak but side 2 is gut-wrenching

patrician taste user

Not hard to feel superior when you have no equal

it's pretty good, and i prefer normies adoring this, than no album at all and just singles

There are redditors who think genuinely think this is the greatest album of all time*

Ur fav genre is prob hip-hop, no wonder...

you should have a cigar little boy

>WYWH
10/10
>Meddle
7/10
>Animals
3/10

>Imagine being this fucking pleb
Laughable taste.

>taste is what dictates quality
Who's the pleb now?

Not even the best pink floyd album

Jeez talk about going into an album with a bad mindset

top 5
meddle
piper
saucerfull
wywh
obscured

just take this (You) and fuck off, alright

Piper At The Gates of Dawn (Both mono and stereo, both U.S. and British), A Saucerful of Secrets and pic posted are BEST PF albums.

Everything between the MORE soundtrack and Obscured by Clouds is good, but PF should of called it a day after DSOTM! This is one of the WORST POS I've ever had to encounter.

DSOTM was supposed to be their LAST album. The world would've been a better place if they just broke up after OBC. Everything after OBC just plain SUCKS!

>obscured
No

Here's your (you) you asshole
The only iffy track on the album is Welcome to the Machine, and even that's still great even if it is a bit heavyhanded and slightly out of tune with the rest of the album

Pink Floyd is for 14 year olds who think they are edgy and are just getting into music

>Objective PF album rankings

Wish You Were Here > Piper > Darkside > Saucerful > Meddle > AHM > More > The Wall > Ummagumma > Animals > Obscured By Clouds > Final Cut > the rest

>The Wall > Ummagumma > Animals
w
e
w

Its pretty good, but its not the best floyd album

You might be confused about what patrician means, friend

Babby's first good album -tier

>Meddle not better than DSotM

American pressing of dsotm
Japanese pressing pf dsotm
German pressing of dsotm

Australian quadrophonic pressing of dsotm

Hit 100mph for the first time as a teen listening to comfortably numb. I remember it like yesterday. That and another brick in the wall are some of my favorite songs.

I don't listen to albums or artists, I just download songs I hear on the radio with mp3juices. Should I give the rest of pink floyd a try?

Exactly. No one actually likes Piper at the Gates of Shit but they just pretend to to be contrarian

This pleb can't even quote right

this

Meddle
Animals
WYWH
DSotM
Saucerful of Secrets
Atom Heart Mother
Obscured by Clouds
The Wall
Ummagumma
Piper