Does Sup Forums actually play?

Hey Sup Forums, you like to talk a big game, but do you actually play anything?

If so, what?

If not, then why?

Pic related

I play 5 instruments (drums, guitar, bass, keys, and trumpet). I'm also trying to teach myself production and am working on improving my compositional skills. So yeah I play.

Play pic related and electric bass. Last time I went to a general musician thread on mu, me and another brassfag got called pretentious because we played win instruments.

i can almost picture it now...
>why u play shiny horn
>bleep bloop is the future
>u only play shiny horn for attention
>fgt

How could playing brass be pretentious if you look so stupid doing it?

no hands mate

does it make sense to learn an instrument now, at 19? i haven't really played any, but always wanted to

You're never too old to learn, user.

Hendrix started when he was 16

>win instruments

not an excuse

Make sense in what way? It's never too late to enjoy learning in instrument to entertain yourself. You might want to abandon plans of becoming a virtuoso, maybe, but that's not for everyone anyway.

Ryo Fukui learned piano in 3 years then wrote a now-famous jazz album

6 and 12 string guitar. I’ll get a banjo or mandolin in a few years too I reckon.

I’m 29 and only started learning guitar eight months ago. I love it and by all accounts I am pretty good for someone who has been playing a short amount of time. Didn’t ever plan on it but have written ten of my own songs so far and have quite a lot of works in progress too.

Only been playing guitar for a couple weeks, just mastered the guitar solo of Eruption and several Zappa solos. I might stick with it.

guitar, bass, sax, and a little keyboard. i tend not to talk about playing music with friends but it's one of the most rewarding ways to spend your time

>friends
We not friends faggito

Pssssshhhh. Novice.

Don't you know that guitar prowess is measured by how many pedals you can cram onto your board? Call me when you can play some REAL music

Trumpet/Euphonium/Tuba player here. Brass will always be a lot of fun to play, even if it is considered mostly irrelevant culturally.

Eb Tuba

Yes I do play and I don't have it to prove it to you.

tfw you realize good taste in music doesn't mean shit for your compositional ability and only makes you more self-critical.

I wasn't trying to be accusatory. i just get the sense that Sup Forums is all bark and no bite. Was curious about how many musician anons are actually here

Keyboards and a bit of guitar, and a sliver of drums (friend taught me the simple motorik beat)
basically all i need to understand music theory but would love to learn something else to start writing music

bass casually

>If so, what?
guitar, bass, keys, some drums, other lolrandom instruments like theremin or melodica, etc

yo, another trombro
possibly one of the most underrated instruments

Omnichord artist here

sax,bass,guitar.
I recently bought a concertina, few people play those now.

Regular piano fag reporting in.

> took classes for 7 years
> got tired of playing Bach covers
> before I drop music for good I decided to buy a synth (Korg R3)
> I had zero knowledge about attack, modulation and envelopes in general
> I improvised a couple of songs and that motivated the shit out of me
> I've learned a lot since then, already bought two other keyboards and whenever I sit to play it's about getting new melodies/sounds

Now I can't live without my digital pianos. Everybody should get into any productive artistical hobby. It has saved being pretty alone for the last 3 years

the saxaphone

go for it.

>. Everybody should get into any productive artistical hobby. It has saved being pretty alone for the last 3 years

Yea x3

play the piano and produce music

Guitar and bass, a bit of drums and keyboard.
Mainly string related instruments and also know some theory

i learned enough to fuck around with my harmonica while hanging out with my friends.

this post is actual autism

You'll be playing Bach again soon pianon, like the rest of us.

Viola
Violin
Guitar
learning Piano

Is there an online resource I can use to learn bass?
I'm just trying to learn the chords and shit

YouTube is great if you have the motivation to seek stuff out.
I'm not a bassist, but from what i understand you guys don't generally play chords?