Where exactly is it stated that the Empire is a white supremacist organization...

Where exactly is it stated that the Empire is a white supremacist organization? What was the point of portraying them as such in R1? What need was there to do that?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/7017906/Haiti-earthquake-chaos-looters-violence-and-victims.html?image=2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_Empire_(Star_Wars)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

in the EuropeanUnion

>white supremacist organization
>hires a negro to be a stormtrooper and an Arab to be a pilot

telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/7017906/Haiti-earthquake-chaos-looters-violence-and-victims.html?image=2

Because the Romans understood that there was only one way to impose order on chaotic societies which don't value or respect the Law.

OT
>Hero is a humble white male

R1
>Only rebel white males are the incompetent and slimy general (probably got the job through white male privileged) and rebel troops who can't open a door so they shriek for help as they are justly butchered

It's an SJW wet dream. They are cucking you white males who have cherished star wars throughout your lives. They took it, and they're fucking it right in front of you. You paid for the privilege.

im shit at star wars lore but what exactly is so bad about the empire specifically
other than blowing up that planet that one time

why do you think they were portrayed as white supremacists in rogue one?

was it because you read some shitty review where the author projected their own views instead of just enjoying it as popcorn fodder

The director and writer themselves said that the Empire are white supremacists and the Rebels are a beacon of diversity and progressive ideals

empire was founded by a man who started a war against himself in order to convert a republic to his personal empire. this might not be cannon anymore, but he did it because he knew an invasion from another galaxy was coming and somebody needed to strengthen up the galaxy in order to repel the invasion. for some retarded reason, the original war was robots vs clones, but after the war he discontinued both and decided to use normal people instead

the empire also approved of slavery and had a reckless disregard for human/sapient life and their well-being

Dont forget that nobody even looked twice at a Mexican officer

what they say they meant and what is actually portrayed and delivered as an actual message are completely different things

Wait, so David Lynch films should be mercilessly questioned?

It seems reasonable to assume the same traits that real life autocratic/totalitarian societies have are present in the empire. So probably corruption (i.e. local empire official shakes you down for bribes or steals your business/land and you can't do anything about it), oppressive tax burden (somebody is paying for the death star), lack of respect for peoples' property rights / civil rights, etc. Again, I don't remember any of this specifically coming up but they all seem like fairly standard traits of authoritarian governments that would cause the number of pissed off people we see in the rebellion.

How were they portrayed as white supremacist in R1?

why the hell not

>Where exactly is it stated that the Empire is a white supremacist organization?

Nowhere.

>Where exactly is it stated that the Empire is a white supremacist organization

Twitter. But Disney forced the writer to take it down.

>Sup Forums is now complaining that star wars isn't diverse enough

The Empire's so diverse now.

This is weird and complicated.

One of the R1 writers (of a total four who wrote the script over the years) tweeted that the Empire is a white supremacist organization. That's not entirely ridiculous to say, since the real-life Nazis were white supremacists and the Empire is possibly the least subtle Nazi allegory of all time. But - and this is a substantial "but" - the Empire has a lot less to do with the "Aryan master race" Nazi stuff, and a lot more to do with the "world-domineering dictatorship" Nazi stuff. So they're a Nazi allegory, but not a 1:1 in-universe recreation of the Nazis since the whole racism aspect just isn't present.

The Empire WAS portrayed as a human supremacist organization (but not white supremacist), i.e. racist towards aliens, in a lot of the now non-canon expanded universe; all those shitty fanfic books that came out in the 90's with Luuuke Skywalker and that wookiepedia memebait that Sup Forums loves. Sheev was portrayed as someone who hated aliens in those books. But they've all been basically erased now, and Sheev is canonically not a racist (but he's still an evil space wizard).

So it's 100% non-canon that the Empire is human supremacist. And it was never canon at any point that they were white supremacist, since the division between human ethnicities isn't really noticed or brought up in the Star Wars universe outside of being used as a description. The new canon's gone out of its way to really emphasize this by diversifying the Empire.

But - and this is another substantial "but" - the writer still personally WROTE the Empire in R1 as white supremacist, despite the non-canonicity of that element. So that means, even if Disney and Lucasfilm disavows it and says it isn't the case, the script was still written from that mindset.

It always was, you just can't see all the diversity underneath that stormtrooper armour.

The rebels though, they were a bunch of shitlords.

>the writer still personally WROTE the Empire in R1 as white supremacist

He was only one of four, and clearly most of what he shat out on paper was removed by the other writers because there is not trace of it in the script.

So then you have to ask how much that mindset affected how the script was written. I'm ultimately going to say "not much" since, taken as a film seen without any contemporary political context or with stupid tweets in mind, you probably wouldn't think of the Empire as racist after watching Rogue One. An organization of asshole bureaucrats led by a shadowy coalition of saturday morning cartoon villains yes, but not racists, or people even particularly interested in race at all. Especially since one of the pivotal scenes is James Earl Jones choking cape guy on his aspirations.

Then the last thing to ask is why the writer felt the need to share this with everyone, since it was apparently irrelevant to anything. And the answer is attention-whoring because twitter is a breeding ground for narcissism. He thought he could score some brownie points with the twitter crowd by trying to enrage the Sup Forums crowd, but all he ended up doing was confusing people.

>implying a type III civilization like Star Wars Empire would give a flying fuck about genetic groupings in a species and not utilitarian usage.

>Star Wars creator George Lucas sought to make the Galactic Empire aesthetically and thematically similar to Nazi Germany and to appear to be fascist.[2]

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_Empire_(Star_Wars)

Not that it's ever been "white supremacist". There were no black women in Imperial ranks until Disney took over, yet black female imperials are in both TFA and new EU novels.

It's not non-canon that the Empire is human supremacist. It's mentioned in the canon books Tarkin and Aftermath. And in Star Wars Rebels

And a black woman to press the button of the Star killer base

not to mention in the OT the Empire is solely human and is contrasted with the far more diverse Rebels

Luceno actually works off his own canon, though he pays lip service to Disney.

First Order =/= Galactic Empire

That's like saying some nu-nationalists are the same as 30s Nazis or Fascists.

Yet literally all the antagonists in Rebels are non human Imperials, odd.

why the fuck was Leia giving a bunch of pilots their briefing?

On another note, why the fuck do people act like Leia is some kind of """""empowered woman"""" character? She was pretty much a stock "damsel in distress" character in the original movie.

How can it be racist when James Earl Jones was second in command of the Empire?

Watch old EU

Integrate their culture wholesale into their own?

Mass Ameda says hi, he was the fucking Grand Vizier of the Empire.

"All"?

Season 1 antagonist was an alien inquisitor. Don't take his alien status for much, Inquisitors are kidnapped as children and tortured by Vader into serving as secret agents

Season 2 antagonist was Tarkin/Vader

Season 3 is Thrawn who yes they've yet to go into how he got past the xenophobia

So you're "all" is really just 1.

>rebels
You should see all the retarded contradictory shit in CW

>Chiss Male
More like CIS male

No she was not. She had to be rescued, but she was also an assertive aggro bitch. That was new. She also survived Vader-torture, that's something.

Season 2 were the Inquisitors and Maul, retard, Vader only appears briefly

>S1, Grand Inquistor, an Alien
>S2, Maul and the Inquisitors, all Alien
>S3, Thrawn, an Alien
Mmmm, all seem to be all, how odd

You better believe it and thats just fine.

>Thrawn who yes they've yet to go into how he got past the xenophobia

There is no xenophobia, Sheev hates everyone who is not Sheev. And wookies especially. Humans are just more likely to join the Empire because it's around a lot, unlike on alien backwater planets.

Tbh if I were in charge of a massive organization with no HR department forcing affirmative action bullshit, I'd probably be hiring mostly white people too.

>black
>pakistani
>chiss

hmm, what about a black pakistani chiss?

I dunno I might change my hiring policies after a while, white people tend to die a lot.

I didn't read anything since back in the mid 1990s, so I might be fuzzy here, but the general gist of things was that the Empire was Human Supremacist. Of course Grand Admiral Thrawn was kind of a hitch in that, and it got blown all to hell by the prequels and characters like Darth Maul who clearly aren't human but are chummy with Sheev.
The more starwars they make, the less sense it makes.

>Star Wars
>utilitarian usage

lad it's basically one big galactic ideology war

None of that is canon anymore. The Empire is not human supremacist in nucanon.

They weren't, OP just wanted to bitch about SJWs and shit on brown and black people for a while.

It's not. That's a really fucking stupid retarded meme.

... Yes of course

>white supremacist organisation
>already more multi cultural than the Rebellion ever was

>An imperial black girl would never rape you for being a dirty rebel scum...

Maul isn't Imperial and is actively trying to destroy the Empire

Inquisitors are basically slaves.

Old European Union? You mean, when Napoleon conquered Europe?

There was a coffee table book with lots of illustrations back in the 1990s that I got for Christmas. It featured pictures from all kinds of different Star Wars planets and had text written by some kind of anthropologist working for the Imperial government. It held non-humanoid species in very low regard.

MKX Mileena is fucking hot

Maul is still one of the antagonists, so are the inquisitors who are the main antagonists.

>Basically slaves
Yeah, """"Slaves"""" who literally are only below Vader and Tarkin in command.

>this might not be cannon anymore, but he did it because he knew an invasion from another galaxy was coming and somebody needed to strengthen up the galaxy in order to repel the invasion
That was never canon, Sheev was already Chancellor and the Clone Wars were only a few years off when Thrawn told Sheev of the Vong.

That's too bad. JarJar, Watto, Jabba, Salacious Crumb, Mazer Rackus, Admiral Snackbar, Sny Snubb, Chewbacca, and the Ewoks are subhumans who need to be gassed.

>I'd just as soon kiss a Wookie.
Even princess Leia knew that non-humans were shit tier.

You could argue that Vader is the Emperor's slave, you know, the second most powerful man in the galaxy. I guess everyone is someones subordinate. Pure poetry.

>Kidnapped at birth
>Tortured and put through near-death training
>Forced to fight and take orders or else you get killed

sounds like slavery to me

The writing staff of Rebels even alludes to this in the Grand Inquisitor's last words. What do you think he was referring to when he said there were fates worse than death? He was talking about his life.

All the minority rebels died in Rogue One

>Kidnapped at birth
Grand Inquisitor actually, if you believe the canon, joined on his own volition the Empire

>I guess everyone is someones subordinate
Not everyone.

Look at all the diversity in this room full of Rebels.

The Empire is only a human centric organization. It welcomes however genius and/or highly devoted species into it's ranks

Maybe Sheev was Snoke's subordinate. And Snoke also has a master, cause Disney needs to make a new trilogy after this one.

Order 67 must have been awesome.

That writer who posted that tweet, ironically, didn't word it properly.
I think he meant to draw a comparison between the Empire and white supremacists as the Empire is, arguably, a human supremacist group.

>So you're telling me the clones killed all the Jedi one day and all the niggers the next?
>I'll have a Coke then.

He wasn't wrong; whites are the only humans.

See:

More important... WTF is a Moff? What was Georgi thinking

It's supposed to be some kind of governor

The empire doesn't get to bring friends

wow, i like how you came up with that all by yourself.

>Pure poetry.
I been here too long: i actually read that as: 'pottery'.
fuck you all to hell

can a EU fag explain what happened to Mas Amanda after the emperor dissolved the senate? He seemed like a chill dude

He went to Byss, the secret throne world, to brood.

TELL ME ANOTHER JOKE.

Pure human supremacy is kind of dumb when you have dozens of near humans like the Chiss or Zabraks or Mirialans. I can understand wanting to genocide the Geonosians or Ponda Baba's species, but not the Twi'leks or any other race that's "human, but with extra bits", or "human, but different color skin."

Mas Amedda is the Emperors right hand man. He is even all over the nu-canon. Maul was his apprentice. That writer was fucking retarded.

I can't wait when people find out that Disney has casted a black dude as young Han Solo in the Solo spinoff.

He stayed as an advisor to the Emperor. He died on death Star 2, I think.

It's stated through their uniforms they look like Nazi Germans

Really retarded post

I thought it was an old-EU idea that the Empire was a human organisation or at the least just distrusting of non-humans. Nothing in the movies has ever really implied the empire is only human (or even only white).

HE'S EVEN WEARING THE SAME CLOTHES
YOU CAN'T ESCAPE MEME MAGIC

Rogue One still had and Arab as a Imperial cargo pilot and nobody batted an eye when a Mexican was walking around in a officer's uniform. It was rather pointless for the screenwriter to say the Empire is a white supremacist organization when they seem pretty tolerant on the skin color of their members.

And it makes no sense for humans to be racist in that galaxy when you have some real ugly aliens you can channel your hatred to instead.

Human supremacist Star Wars organization when