Anybody heard this? This guy made PW sound like an actual AC album instead of the abortion the original album is

Anybody heard this? This guy made PW sound like an actual AC album instead of the abortion the original album is.
youtu.be/dz-eU_NeMsQ

Although the whole "reworking" thing doesn't really count when you pull tracks from other albums (especially live albums), this is pretty nice

PW doesn't really need "reworking", it just needs better sound design, a lot of the kitschy electronics on PW just don't work. Some of the songwriting was good though, sounded like a radio friendly animal collective, which is better than most bands

don't really understand why it was slated that hard

Too short, it sounds like a demo of the actual album. Now that I'm hearing this I think it may be one of their best albums. Crazy how "bad" production can fuck good music so much.

Hnnnng bagels in kiev sounds so fuckin tight

I think that part of it is that animal collective are just trying projects that people aren't into, trying sounds that people just aren't resonating with, especially as they get progressively more electronic.

they need to assess where they're at, but hearing the stuff coming out of deakin, avey, and panda, they all still have talent and are capable of producing at least one more great record

Im not as hopeful as you, sadly

if they make another panda/avey album together it will be amazing. panda and avey balance each other perfectly. person pitch is an anomaly in an otherwise mediocre solo discography for panda, and avey hasn’t made a solo project above a 7/10 either. did you see their sung tongs show they did together? it was beautiful.

>did you see their sung tongs show they did together? it was beautiful.
Yeah there were some really nice moments. You can hear how their voices have aged but they dont so bad. It was really nice to finally get a sung tongs revival.
Btw I'm listening to the guys eyes version in the OP and holyshit it might be their best perfomance of that song I have ever listened to

I think tomboy is pretty good, wouldnt know if calling it mediocre is fair. I used to really dislike it but for some reason I have been going back to it lately. His first album was good too.

>uploaded today
hello, guy who uploaded the video

I kinda want them to go forward and try something new out, hopefully trying something slightly more organic, I don't want them to revert though, they shouldn't try to run over old ground. Either that or they need to embrace the electronics in a more refined or detailed approach, the squelchy tacky sounds aren't doing it for me really.

I really thought Tomboy was interesting, PBVSGR was fun and had some nice moments like Tropic of Cancer and Crosswords, and the EPs that came with it had some fun songs on it. In a way I think the aesthetic worked. I also liked Avey's thing from last year

and nah I haven't seen them but my favorite Animal Collective live stuff is from around Sung Tongs-Feels era

I literally just found it. That explains why it has so many views.

Little* views
I type faster than I think

i guess i’ll give it another chance or so but it just kinda washes over me, and not in the way person pitch does. person pitch feels so more layered and each song unravels into something unique from where it started, i don’t get that as much from tomboy

They are pretty different. PS is cool for the way it moves, tomboy is good for each moment in its own, at least thats how I think about them
I really didnt like his last album, neither avey solo stuff

>tfw you saw them for the first time on the painting with tour and the best parts were the old shit and the opening act

if you listen to it, you kinda notice how Tomboy has a pretty minimal thing going on, sans the layered vocals

person pitch seems a little more layered in terms of samples, and full of color

I just want them to go full noise again but I know it will not happen
I just want something more focused on the experimental sound not so much in trying to make experimental fit into pop structures

I'd like some lo-fi animal collective

I feel like a bit of dirtiness would spice things up, either that or they take the hypnagogic hand and try their hand at that, which I'm sure would make for some summer tunes

I'm still mad I don't live in the alternate universe where Animal Collective dabbled in chillwave

MPP outdid the whole chill wave crap before it was even a thing

I miss chillwave

but yeah I agree MPP was something special, uhh I long for those days again

>tfw mpp was almost 10 years ago
>tfw sj was almost 11 years ago
>tfw stgstv will be fucking 20 years ago in 2 years

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHGHHHHHHHHH KILL ME

They could maybe reissue that shit on vinyl

I would be pretty stoked if they did

I would cum fairy dust

Why was Lying In The Grass such a jam live but so fucking terrible on record?
That whole last section really should've stuck around in studio.
Here's to hoping they tour new material first to see what works best before going to make their next album.

They could make a good album this time how about that huh

>Here's to hoping they tour new material first to see what works best before going to make their next album.
Yeah, thats what fucked this album, not trying it live first, made it sound like FL studio instead of an AC album
Also
Is the drummer in the live a knew member or just a guy

I'd just like one last creative hurrah, and I really think they have it in them

new*
Also
The kids in holiday version in this sounds like mercury rev

Bump

>Also
>Is the drummer in the live a knew member or just a guy
It's Jeremy Hyman from Gang Gang Dance. Pretty sure he was just a touring member since they're friends.

He is great