ITT: We name the years a channel was in its prime

Animal Planet: 1998-2002

Animal Planet 1998-RIP Steve Irwin

>FTFY

2002 - 2005~2006

True. That's when it really fell apart. But it was on its way there when they got rid of O'Shea and Shark Gordon and brought in bullshit like pet psychic shows.

1951-1966

Agreed.

1970-2001. For one reason.

2000-2015

i liked those toys, man

You just grew up.

I feel like the minority that actually enjoyed My Gym Partner's a Monkey. But then again I was 11 at the time.

>2015

Weren't they already airing modern cartoons at this point?

I wasn't a necessarily fan of it, but I'd watch and be amused by it when it was on and I had nothing else to do.

99-07 RIP
Only time I've ever been watching a channel when it got pulled, right in the middle of an episode of Legends of the Hidden Temple.
Last year and a half was all reruns with not even new commercials though

2005-2010

TLC went to shit with Toddlers and Tiaras.

I've never heard of this channel.

It was an extra channel that didn't come on a lot of cable packages that played old nickelodeon game shows along with some other programs infrequently like Rocket Power or Salute Your Shorts. I watched it all the time when I was younger even though it was purely reruns

2001-2004, though the merger with G4 was more of a slow cancer than an outright killshot. Now the only interesting tech/gaming channel turned into a knockoff of Spike that I don't think is even on the air anymore

holy fuck it all makes sense now

Early Animal Planet was GOAT. Now it hardly has any animals in it. Just stuff trying to shock people.

What was on then?

When Comedy Central used this logo 1997 - 2011, though honestly it had gone to shit by around 2009.

1996-2002