If they came couple hours earlier everyone would have lived

if they came couple hours earlier everyone would have lived.

damn

How did Aragorn choke a ghost?

sword of gondor and hes the king of gondor

Why didn't Aragorn just make defeating Sauron the condition for their release?

also why didnt gandalf use the eagle to help frodo get near mordor instead of using a dangerous path?

Don't ask questions that make sense faggot

How can you even die when you're a ghost, why would you be afraid of pussy ass aragorn

Why didn't they army of the dead take the ring to Mordor?

>ywn see the Dunedain of the North, Aragorns cousin Halbarad, Elronds sons ride with the army of the dead to defeat the corsairs of Umbar with Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli on the big screen

Fuck you Hackson!!!

Why didn't Gandalf summon a fuck ton of eagles to zerg rush Mt. Doom with the ring?

>31 guys beat the shit out of thousands while the ghosts can't do shit
It would look retarded if not for the Swan Knights of Dol Amroth riding with the Rohirrim

Why didn't Sauron lock the door to Mt. Doom?

Why did he react to the choke? he doesn't need air so why would he gasp for air or be afraid of that?

Oh yeah I forgot about Dol Amroth. That makes it even worse!! Fuck!

Maybe he was shocked that Aragorn had ghost grabbing powers

But how does that give you the physical power to strangle a ghost? What would have happened if Aragorn crushed his windpipe?

It wasn't about numbers and the ghost actually physically hurting anyone, it was about putting the fear of God into the enemy. Would've been bad ass to see Aragorn riding at the front of a ghost army like a madman possessed

That wasn't the oath they had in their days.

Why did sauron need the ring when he already amassed a massive army? Why did sauron need the ring when the men he gave the rings of power to already turned into ring wraiths? Why did sauron need the ring when the only people left with rings of power were the elves like galadriel?

Magic

he a greedy nigga

The ring would allow him to secretly fap in public, there is no greater power in Middle Earth than that

To utterly wipe out any resistance or free will in Middle Earth

if he can only bend the will of those he gave the ring to, how exactly does the ring help him with wiping out resistance? the elves took the rings off when they realized sauron was trying to fuck with them, so they'd probably do it again if he got the ring back

the only others with the rings were his wraiths, who already serve him, and the dwarves, who are all dead

i don't think sauron was really looking for the thing
it's more the ring that was looking for him

Because Sauron would be able to materialize and wreak havoc again, and this time he'd wear a glove over his ring and not hold out his hand to people with swords in their palms.

>all that power
>gets his finger cut off
BRAVO

it's never explicitly stated in the books if he has a body or not. the movie turns him into an eye in the sky though

YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB

Because him losing his ring and form was a lucky break that's why, it doesn't matter if the elves hid them or took them off, they would have fallen along with everyone else in the end. If the Last Alliance had failed it would have been curtains for the free people

I could have sworn that I read somewhere his body was doomed to roam ME as a bodyless spirit after his defeat, but maybe I'm mixing that up with some other part of the lore. I've always thought that he needed the ring to regain his form though. (Assuming he needs to)

i think you're thinking of morgoth

Ah, I can see why I mixed that up then

I think this was in reference to Saruman in the book, I think it states that Sauron would be pushed into the void with his master. I could be wrong though

i think that's what happened when the ring was fully destroyed at the end of the book

they were originally going to have aragorn fight sauron in the end battle as some type of spirit

really made me think

If they came a couple millenia earlier it wouldn't have mattered.

The ring is the only thing keeping him alive/existing in middle earth, so I'm sure you can imagine why it might be important to him

Sauron is left as an impotent spirit roaming the world after the destruction of the ring and it's implied that saruman meets the same fate after wormtongue kills him.

then how did he create the ring in the first place

checkmate sauron

Sauron did regain form after losing the ring:

>`It was Isildur who cut off the finger of the Enemy.'
>`Yes, He has only four on the Black Hand, but they are enough,' said Gollum shuddering.

After the Ring is destroyed he is reduced to a formless spirit:

>If it is destroyed, then he will fall, and his fall will be so low that none can foresee his arising ever again. For he will lose the best part of the strength that was native to him in his beginning, and all that was made or begun with that power will crumble, and he will be maimed for ever, becoming a mere spirit of malice that gnaws itself in the shadows, but cannot again grow or take shape. And so a great evil of this world will be removed.

>And as the captains gazed south to the Land of Mordor, it seemed to them that, black against the pall of cloud, there rose a huge shape of shadow, impenetrable, lightning-crowned, filling all the sky. Enormous it reared above the world, and stretched out towards them a vast threatening hand, terrible but impotent: for even as it leaned over them, a great wind took it, and it was all blown away, and passed; and then a hush fell.

Double death, that's the worst dead.

>if they came couple hours later everyone would have dead.

He was breathing ghost air Aragorn was preventing his ghost respiration system it's all in the Silmarillion

So...if he became a spirit, how is he different from these ghosts?

Cant he still wreck fools? To me that sounds more dangerous than a physical body you can kill or imprision

>ywn never see the men of the West show that they were stronger than the Sauron supposed through a decisive victory on the Pelennor Fields, normies will always think it was just cheat mode bullshit
>ywn see the armies of men fight valiantly against incredible odds in a LOTR movie, just Legolas doing kickflips on a shield or some bullshit in between soldiers sucking and dying because Peter Jackson doesn't know how to direct battles

Underrated post

Sauron lost that ring. That one was meant to rule them all, and was meant to be his.

In the books the ghosts don't kill anyone.

No shit, it ruined the movie and makes no sense because it honestly wasn't part of the book, the ghosts existed but they did not kill anybody, it was just a side arc, a reality of the death that had happened to men.

i dont even remember what the ghosts did in the books

i remember that they followed aragorn to go get the boats but that's it. i also remember aragorn had a couple rangers of the north with him

because saruman, or any other powerful being, could get the ring and usurp him

They scare the corsairs off the boats. Aragorn releases them. He then frees the galley slaves in the boats who agree to fight for him, loads them up with Gondor soldiers from the settlement the boats were blockaded and takes them to Minas Tirith.

they scattered the enemy army

They would've said "no".

He didn't need it. His decisions during the war were motivated by the fear that the ring could be used against him more than by the desire to get it back (although he wanted it back too of course)

The power that allowed him to choke that ghost is the same power that cursed them into being ghosts, namely that their dishonor cursed them until they helped a true king of gondor