Is this show worth watching? It seems interesting

Is this show worth watching? It seems interesting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lbnoG2dsUk0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Kill yourselves pedo fags.

i just watched while being snowed in, it was good. I'm curious how good the next season can be.

No.

It's good if you're old enough to remember the 80's

Good, but overrated. Temper your expectations.

Nancy a cute

CUTE!

Yeah it's pretty good, a nice throwback to the Spielberg movies from the 80s.

Interesting story too, at least the main kids are, the side stories, meh.

Bingo. Normies took it and turned it into the greatest show ever made. Shit wasn't made for them.

me in the back

Show wasn't good to begin with.

It's for depressed middle-aged stay-at-home moms that are seeking a form of escapism which suits their sparse off hours from a part-time job which is required for them to keep them and their children afloat in their middle-class neighborhood.

If you can not think that 11 is a guy until they start dressing him up in a wig, its great.

Literally no one that watches this actually remembers the 80's. It's just millenials who wish they were born in the 80's.

>it's an user hates a good quality show because it's popular with the 'normie plebs' episode

It goes to shit after episode 3

>It's for depressed middle-aged stay-at-home moms that are seeking a form of escapism which suits their sparse off hours from a part-time job which is required for them to keep them and their children afloat in their middle-class neighborhood.

tell me about your relationship with your mother, user.

Yes.

Abso-fucking-lutley.

It's the most derivative crap you could ever watch.

The music is worth it alone.

what do you think the next season is about?

I think the boys will get stuck in the upside-down looking for the girl.

It starts off strong but loses focus during what I call the Series Curse: when whoever the fuck is in charge has no idea how to fill up the runtime of an episode so he adds in a ton of shit nobody cares about, and/or to make the series longer for some reason.

Half the show is a full-on cliche subplot of teen girl dating school jock/bully; it plays out almost exactly as you expect (like you've seen in thousands upon thousands of movies and shows before) except for the very end with its conclusion, but after 3-4 hours of those two fucks I just couldn't give any shits anymore. You could skip those 3 hours and you wouldn't miss ANYTHING from the main plot, unfortunately I didn't know that when I started and as a result I hate this shit.

There should just be a fan edit of the series where someone cuts out all the fat like they did for the Hobbit and you'd end up with a way better final product. Cut out Winona's husband too, fuck if I remember what the point of him was.

Bottom line if you wanna watch it for the supernatural give it a whirl and don't be afraid to skip the steaming pile of generic shit the teen 'love' story turned out to be.

Jonathan is the most tragic literary character since Hamlet

no
only if you are a fan of the 80s or 90s
it's ok at its best

Its okay, worth a watch. You may want to shoot yourself in the mouth whenever Winona is in the scene though

Good but way too padded. Maybe it the episodes were shorter, or if it were 6 episodes overall it would have been really great.

I want born in the 80s,and i dont wish i lived in the 80s,or care about that decade (or any, really). But i still thought this was a great show.

it wasnt that great. people like it because it was a comfy show to watch on netflix

If you have seen E.T. you have already seen this.

Worst acting i have ever seen

>herp derp im worried im gonna open my eyes as much as i can and talk like a retard with a dildo in my ass

Well, people are used to people typing like that around here, so...

I really enjoyed it, but this comment about Winona's acting is spot on: she is pretty awful.

Otherwise, it's technically very well done, the story is engaging, and the characters are fairly well fleshed-out (and almost perfectly cast).

New series of the year 2016. Just watch it, stop being lazy..

normies praised the first season so much, now i am unable to be enthusiastic about season 2

it's not bad, i liked it, the 80's nostalgia is getting old though

its a comfy movie to watch with your gf, i mean i don't have or had one, but i imagine it would be comfy as fuck desu

>New series of the year 2016.
>Just watch it, stop being lazy..
Are you fucking retarded faggot?

What do you base that on you twat?

>its a comfy movie to watch

people shit on it here too much. it's a fun ride but nothing special, just a decent reference laden show.

i have absolutely no hope for next season, it's probably going to be trash.

needed more joy division did you notice that all the license music dried up about episode 4?

its gay and normie and reddit and a meme

Read you post again and see if you can pick out the logical fallacies

It's great you fucking loser. I know for a fact you've already seen the show, and are too lazy to find a way to prop your thread up any other way.

You name a better fledgling show in year 2016 then Sup Forums connoisseur.

Fairly good but way overhyped. Worth watching though.

what that shit needed NIGGA was this song and this song only

youtube.com/watch?v=lbnoG2dsUk0

i meant series

i don't know a lot about 80's music, so nope i have no idea

People born in the 80s are millenials.

not 80-82

I seriously hope season 2 isn't another search and rescue mission from the other world. I don't even care what they make up, but that would just be boring

yes, all the 80s.

Just watch The OA instead. Far superior than

>muh 80's remember the stuff from the 80's? I love the 80's. Here's some 80's stuff to remind you of the 80's.

It depends who you ask, there are no absolutes with this generation bullshit.

I was born in 89 and I'm pretty sure I'm considered a millennial. It's still a good show.I get the same comfy feeling when I watch something like a christmas story which was set in what 1940?

I think it has more to do with being set in the midwest and not jew york or california that makes it feel so comfy. I don't remember shit from the 80s and the soundtrack did nothing for me. Also the only 80s spielberg kids movie ive seen is ET so that whole thing is out the window. Not even sure how many kids movies he made that decade

I enjoyed it, user. Not amazing, but good enough that I didn't hesitate to watch the full eight hours. It's well-done, and the criticisms of it being too derivative are incredibly lazy, given that most new films and TV series aren't original in the slightest (especially those discussed on Sup Forums).

I can't guarantee you'll like it, but if you read the thread you'll see most of the people who go as far as hating it come off as kinda bitter about normies and netflix or something, so you know their grievances aren't really related to the quality of the show itself.

At worst it's a comfy, well-executed homage with a decent cast.

This.

kek. please. ST was at least solid all the way through. Halfway through the OA you went from, OK this first half has been good, but it's getting kind of retarded. by the end you can only say holy shit did an actual retard write this, and just fooled me for the first 4 hours?

ST was solid by playing the safe nostalgia route and not doing anything more original than having a trans-dimensional ooga-booga monster, and even that was lame.

OA expressed too many existential and philosophical themes in an amazing way. Kind of sorry you didn't enjoy it, but whatever dude. You're the kind of person that these Netflix execs make safe bets on.

>we can stop school shooters by the power of DANCING!

So deep and philosphical.

playing it safe all the way through is better than,starting off solid and ending up on something a hippie pyramid crystal worshiper would write.

Clearly they thought they were going to open up some extra-dimensional portal.

>we can change an entire moral philosophy of the world with the power of WORDs!

How much of this series were you confused?

*tips fedora*

Reddit tier

>*tips fedora*

holy shit.

>criticizing hippies who use pyramids for meditation and shit is now considered fedora

fuck off you hipster faggot.

>criticizing hippies who use pyramids for meditation and shit is now considered fedora

Actually comparing anything that happened in this show to that only screams out how much of a euphoric atheist you are.

I watched it in 1 sitting, and I don't do that. Not not often, I NEVER do that. It was that engrossing for me. I loved it. hope you love it too, OP!

Marathoned all the episodes while high on too much ambien. It was pretty great.

yeah dancing to stop a school shooter totally isn't something a peace loving hippie would think up

The ending doesn't ruin anything for me. Could have handled it better, but I understood what they were doing and why.

There's no need to get your panties in a knot. You didn't like it, that's fine.

I don't even think it's the ending to be honest, its just most of the 2nd half of the season surrounding the whole dancing thing that turned me off. I don't know what they could have replaced the dance with, but basically anything would have been better to me

The ending was the worst part for me, and it still wasn't even that bad. I was just thinking that maybe they could have used some other immediate threat that they could have danced away.

I don't look at it as actually dancing. In the story OA is trying to tell the movements are a sort of universal code to contain powers and unlock transdimensional portals. Like an indescribable pattern in the way the universe works, that conscious beings can unlock and use.

In the reality of the story being a complete falsehood, the dance represented an almost extra-conscious bond between the kids, a tribal connection to one another which they used to act their being onto the world. Extremely hard to put into words, but I can feel it.

>Netflix Original

what do you think

apart from Bloodline season 1

It's pretty good, not great but good, get prepared for loads of >DUDE REMEMBER THE 80's!!!!!

Season 2 is going to be shit.

Barb best girl.

It's pretty great over all though the hype around it is obnoxious.

Only niggers and fags hate on this show. It was fantastic

Good child actors and a decently entertaining plot.

Sure.