Make way for the shittiest doom metal release of all time

make way for the shittiest doom metal release of all time

seen't this posted a lot lately. I remember the day my roommate bought it on CD. I still don't get it

Are you going to post it, OP?

You know that's not true

>I hate it because it's popular

I didn't like it.

It's posted a lot lately because it's flavor of the month bullshit for people who aren't actually into metal. I fucking hate the whole soy meme, but honestly every person I ever met who legitimately thought Dopesmoker was the best Sleep album was a literal tumblr faggot "satanist" cuck
I hate it because it's a piece of shit
this isn't even the best fucking sleep album, anybody who says volume one isn't top tier is retarded

woah there friend you might need to slow it down
also, I'll give Volume One a shot because I thought Dopesmoker was too weird

Still like Holy Mountain the most. And still hope they actually put out a new fucking album. And get to the Twin Shitties next tour, as they didn't make it this time

>flavor of the month bullshit
>released 20 years ago

It's not doom metal, it's dune metal

>just catching on heavily now even though it's been out for 20 years
Isn't that what flavor of the month is?

Its been posted here for 10 years

Volume One is a fuckin slog to get through, don't front.

>>just catching on heavily now even though it's been out for 20 years
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It's true, you don't need to pretend to like volume one, just say you don't like Sleep.

yeah, and there's been a massive uptick in its posting lately, it seems. I'm not exactly an oldfag or anything, I've been lurking for like six years, but I've seen it a lot lately compared to normal and I've never gotten the hype for it.
Most metalheads I know, even those into doom metal that I've met at sludge shows, aren't into it. I feel like it's a vocal minority thing; I see it loved on the internet, but in the real world, most people I've met are indifferent to it or couldn't get through it, with the exception of my one friend I said liked it.
Listen to The Wall of Yawn while on painkillers and then tell me this album is bad

>inventing genres based on album covers
When will this meme die?

it was probably a joke to imply some stylistic differences?

Apparently the bass player hated this album so much he gave up playing for years

Holy mountain is great though.

No one cares what you think. You're the biggest poser I've ever seen.

I'd rather be a poser than listen to this fucking fart of an album

>mfw reading Sleep's first drummer straight-up disappeared and ended up becoming an Eastern Orthodox monk for a long time

what massive uptick its like submucore always has been since i came here in 2012

Well good. Then go find something to listen to and leave people alone.