Why didn't Luke just force push the button? Why'd he have to throw a bone

Why didn't Luke just force push the button? Why'd he have to throw a bone.

Why not jump out of the hole? Every force user can jump 20 feet right?

The trap door closed after he fell in.

How would Rey handle this situtation?

Shed tame the rancor

he was too afraid to use the force, he was still inexperienced

Your question basically sums up why the OG Star Wars was good and the new ones were shit. In the old ones, the force just guided Luke, in the new ones "the force" is just a catch-all superpower macguffin. If your nu-SW character is in a jam, just use the force to push button, duh.

>DON'T RANC-SPLAIN ME

she would bypass the button

Luke pulled the lightsaber to him in ESB. Fuck off.

Bullshit. Luke is extremely powerful now. They just didn't overuse the force powers in this situation.

>had to shit himself from effort to pull a lightsaber that was 1 meter away
Meanwhile teh rei pulls one with no effort from like 20 meters

why not open it with the force?

how could he use force when derping like that?

RLM, we need a F U Its January review :)

Stupid argument

because he's a mary sue

This.
Also, fear limits your force capabilities.

>had to shit himself from effort

Because he was barely conscious and extremely disoriented.

>Rey pulls one with no effort

I'm not defending TFA and I never brought it up.

Needing to see Luke force push a button is a stupid argument

I guess if you enjoy Luke being a complete fucking idiot then ok. By ROTJ we knew the force could be used to physically manipulate objects so there's no reason Luke wouldn't think to do that.

severely underrated

and the scene in question (with the rock) is after Luke pulled the lightsaber to him in ESB. That scene was pretty much the only scene where Luke uses the force in that way and it wasn't in order to get out of a jam, it was to illustrate the power of the force which hadn't been explored that much at the time.

Did you ever think maybe he guided the rock using the force? Holy shit, do you need everything spoonfed to you like a good, little nu-SW fan?

Yeah, Luke wasn't using the force to free himself from the wampa cave, he was showing the audience what the force could potentially do. Fucking shit argument lmao

Who hurt you

Because ROTJ is poorly written.

Luke force pulled the gun and pointed it at jabba

So that way that one guy can get revenge on the Rancor for a certain point of view

The nigga force choked 2 gamorans on the way in to jabbas

She would have a wacky chase scene removing all tension.

Luke is shit at using the force because both of his mentors died right after meeting him.

Too preoccupied to use the force obv.

What does that make 1,2, 3 and 7?

See I love the Original Trilogy, but they're far from perfect. The Force is no better than space magic in those films and bend to the demands of the plot.

This situation wouldnt have played out. Rey's Han solo rescue would have gone without a hitch

he wasn't afraid at that point, we literally see fear on his face as the Rancor comes out and almost eats him

how the fuck was being upside down in a snow monster's cave not a jam? suck my balls.

Nothing about the jabba palace segment makes any sense. worse than any scene in the prequels or sequels outside of that HORRENDOUS helicopter shot.

>The Force is no better than space magic

what else would it be you idiot

What helicopter shot?

>sw used to be good meem
Only retard virgin autist think this, it was always shit, now at least its fucking a bit watchable

Force Pull is a light side power
Force Push is a dark side power

The last shot of ep7