How did this movie receive critical acclaim...

How did this movie receive critical acclaim? It's literally just Melissa McCarthy screaming random curse words for 2 hours.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aKBb910tGGk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Women are funny, get over it.

cmon, jason statham was pretty fuckin funny. melissa mcarthy was herself.

the chemistry between the two was great, they should do more buddy cop movies together

I really can't stand Melissa McCarthy, but the movie was pretty good and fun.

I'm with you OP, not even Jason could save this.

This
Statham saved the film ironically

Stathom was great.
The movie did well as a sort of parody on the spy genre.
Even McCarthy was surprisingly enjoyable in this. She was a very likeable character, but god damn if some of the lines she gets werent garbage. Im not sure if its the writers or if its McCarthy adlibbing, but its bad for the most part.

Stathom did steal the show

>no trigger disciplin

Statham spin-off film when?

Or just Spy 2 starring Statham and Law as two spies forced to work with each other. No Melissa McCarthy save a brief cameo

Who knows. The movie had it's moments all of which came exclusively from Statham. The movie was just to fucking dumb.

> That scene where shes chasing bad guy up a building
> Fight scene
> She pulls a gun that had its magazine ejected
> Guy taunts her
> Think to myself wow it would be really great if she shot him with the chambered round and shit talked him for not relizing shes an American who know how to use a gun
> NOPE dumb vomit joke LOL!

movie wouldve been great if they cast someone besides melissa mccarthy. she was the worst part of the movie by far

What's with all the women hating in this thread, I thought Melissa was great

I will never see this film nor do I have any desire to.

feelsgoodman

>ywn see Jason Statham play Nico in a GTA IV movie

Statham saved it.

It wouldn't of been that bad overall, but they dragged the jokes on for far too long.

Example:
>As thanks for saving him on a job (or her birthday, can't remember) Jude Law takes Melissa to a fancy resturant and gives her what is obviously a piece of jewellery.
>Melissa who is secretly head over heels with Jude, is excitred and amazed at the gesture and clearly her heart & mind is spinning at the possibility of Jude about to ''confess'' his love for her.
>She opens the box....
>It's a cheap, tacky, oversized, plastic necklace in the shape of a cupcake that wouldn't out of place in a happy meal
>''You know...because you love cake so much'' (it had been established earlier that she constantly bakes & brings cakes to work for the employees to enjoy. Not that Jude was simply guessing it because she's fat, though the joke would of been funnier if it was the case).
>Melissa has to quickly hide how horrid she naturally finds the necklace and the dissapointment that she got her hopes up.

Left there it's a funny joke, messing with assumptions. Except it doesn't end there. For like the next 3 minutes it rams the ISN'T THIS AWKWARD FOR HER!!! HA HA!! With back and forth dialog which screams forced even if it was coming from someone who thought that crappy necklace was everything they ever wanted.
That is basically the film. A teaspoon of hot spices in small serving of curry is nice. Then adding a ladle-full amount of hot spices to the curry is ruins it.

Thank God for Statham and the face swap machine is what I say.

Women hating? Or that most of the female cast was crap. The lady who played the big spy boss was cool for example.

I watched it the other night. I legitimately love it. It's action-comedy kino. If it was a Chris Farley movie you cucks wouldn't be shitting on it so hard.

The only character I found absolutely insufferable was the tall british lady. That, and them not calling her out on being fat. That would have happened in a Farley movie. She shouldn't be so sensitive about being called what she is.

Most people don't hate, they hate that the best part of it was a side-character who outshines the lead so badly it's embarrassing

>they hate that the best part of it was a side-character who outshines the lead so badly it's embarrassing
I have only seen the trailer, but wasn't that the whole point?

are you having a laugh

IS SHE AVIN A LAFF

Lots of McCarthy jokes fell flat desu. Her comedic timing wasn't there for some of it

...no

Wasn't he in the first Call of Duty

Statham is great. Should have let him be the lead and let someone who isn't McCarthy to be the exasperated sidekick.

>best part of it was a side-character who outshines the lead
That seems to be the case for a lot of her movies. Like The Boss, for example. Dinklage was the one with the good scenes.

Because Spy was great. You only hated it because LE MCCARTHY SO FAT UNFUNNY MAYMAY.

There is a stark difference between it and the other McCarthy shitfests and you're just too much of an ignorant fuck to realize it.

Rose Byrne saved this movie

It was pretty good because McCarthy didn't have to carry this movie. The whole supporting cast was funny. The only part that wasn't that great was Jude Law and he was playing the straight man.

How sad did she look?

It was an okay comedy, but definitely not deserving of the high praise about her strong performance and womanhood and so on.
Jude Law with an American Spy was really fucking weird for me.

Statham carries it pretty hard. But other than that, its pretty awful and messy.

Women are only good at one thing, making babies. Stop pretending you don't know this.

McCarthy was fine as the schlub but when she decided to go superbitch she stopped being funny.

Writers/directors need to realize she's basically a female Chris Farley and use her appropriately.

I hated this movie but I'll watch anything with sadfu. I really wish she'd make one good kino though, or at least have more lewd scenes. This waifu relationship is all give.

i thought it was going to be awful because mccarthy is in it but it really wasn't that bad. it had several funny bits.

You're wrong

The joke went for about 40 seconds

15 seconds for the reveal and "you love cakes"
10 seconds for the "haha so awkard"
15 seconds putting it on and being humiliated by another patron staring

youtube.com/watch?v=aKBb910tGGk