youtube.com/watch?v=DUuyva15sds
youtube.com/watch?v=kTLpmmcvjF0
youtube.com/watch?v=4Uw6j7nO8Cc
youtube.com/watch?v=uUBfexhpYQU
youtube.com/watch?v=VVyFtkUfcQE
youtube.com/watch?v=eFEPv8WiFPQ
trustpunks.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no, they were one-of-a-kind. i listen to everything chad vangaalen produces in the hopes that it will be even half as good.
are you gonna buy the upcoming chris reimer posthumous album op?

one of the members died RIP

pubic strain is album of the decade

fight me

don't make me cry please. The guitars in Locust Valley are some of the most beautiful sounds i've ever heard in music.

are the other Women bros asleep now? I just wanna step in again to say it's pretty wild how they sound through headphones vs through a great speaker set up. i really get appreciate how strange the harmonies are when i listen through speakers, more so than through headphones

haven't found a band yet that I liked as much as them. rest in peace reimer.

i liked this the most desu senpai

I like the cassette EP better than the album

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/cindy-lee/act-of-tenderness/
these guys might be what you're looking for

> surf trip future garage r&b
> obsessive, impulsive
> Archy is still around to make music

i think u got a contender bitch

Any women album is better than the ooz

>upcoming reimer album

Source?

Did we not just have this thread yesterday?
What are your setups?

they sound g8 m8, ty

Not related, but recently I discovered that they changed their name again (from Viet Cong to Preoccupations) because of people whining about "muh cultural appropiation".

>recently I discovered that they changed their name again
they're different bands. Also they changed their name after Vietnamese American people told them that Viet Cong has been used as a racial slur against them for decades

>What are your setups?
idk actually, it's a nice surround sound set up at my bassist's house.

I've never listened to Women but The Men are pretty good.

Mother of god

I was at Logans when they broke up. You could sense something was wrong from the get go.

t. Victoria resident

How far into the set until the fight took place?

any women album is better than most music desu

great album, but i wouldn't call it a successor to women's legacy

I am slightly pissed off with Women, like how dare they call themselves Women, They have no idea of the oppression and hardships we women have too go through each day and for this piece of shit band to call themselves Women is bigoted and disgusting. As a p4k writer i think i'm justified in giving public stange a score of 0.4.

#destroythelegacyofthingsidisagreewith

People who lose the war and people who defected from vietnam have no right to complain about shit like that lol, fucking pasty gooks

you're trying way too hard to be funny my man

wow that's a funny bit user, may i suggest you post it on reddit where you came from?

i guess....i should just go home, my apologies.

They were straight-up getting dropped from shows over it
I think Viet Cong is one of the coolest band names ever but they didn't really have much of a choice

Holy shit hell yeah
Everything from Bunker Buster to the end is basically flawless
I probably rank all the VC/Women material as

Viet Cong > Public Strain > Cassette > Preoccupations > Women (really only like Shaking Hand desu)

Their new singles are kinda disappointing though :(

top women tracks?
mine are:
1. shaking hand
2. locust valley
3. lawncare

I really never understood the beach boys/surf rock comparison. I honestly can't hear the influence at all. not even on the most poppy stuff like black rice. seriously can someone tell me what people are talking about? is it just the xylophone?

>lost the war
[citation needed]

You might be spot on here

no one cares you fucking dipshit
you even said its unrelated so why the hell do you have to bring it up
yeah tell us again how the "sjw" get offended at dumb shit while every women/proccupations thread gets turned into bunch of retards getting butthurt as fuck about a band changing their name

chrisreimer.bandcamp.com/
first page of google after searching "chris reimer"

Vietcong are better

s/t and Public Strain are two of the most solid albums I've heard and Public Strain is one of my favorite albums ever

What do you guys think of Service Animal/Grey Skies?

Yep. I was recommended this in a thread some time ago while discussing Public Strain. It definitely scratches that itch over the first few listens after trying to find albums similar to PS.
Also Vangaalen's albums are quite good for the most part

I agree

Solid choices. I can't pick just three though, there are so many good ones.
1. Untogether
2. Narrow With the Hall
3. Penal Colony
4. Shaking Hand
5. Locust Valley

help

I think its mainly the melodic, lo-fi guitars that bring the comparison. Its definitely a lot less apparent on PS compared to their debut but I get what they're saying. Still, it doesn't seem like its one of their prime influences.

listen to telstar drugs, insanely underrated imo just as good as women, shame they also broke up

>Service Animal/Grey Skies
brilliant. Service Animal is such a weird song cause it's one of their most concise pop songs but it's got that horribly ugly droning guitar through most of it. Grey Skies is a lovely late 50s pop tune.

any albums in particular ya recommend?

i liked their new singles actually. Preoccupations was ok so i hope this next one is a bit better.

I still have them under "Viet Cong" in my music player. It was a way better name plus I'm used to calling them that anyways.

The worst part about their name is that Preoccupations is a good name... But they already had such a better one that its hard to appreciate.

>Shaking Hand outro

Telstar Drugs is the closest I've ever heard a band sound to Women. Even Preoccupations doesn't touch 'em. They nail the guitar sound perfectly.

I listened to their self-titled once but I need to give it another go-around.

Espionage actually wasn't bad, I really like the tribal percussion at the beginning. But Antidote I'm less a fan of. Maybe it'll grow on me.

I can't rank them but my top three are Eyesore, Shaking Hand, Can't You See. Which is maybe kinda basic.

youtube.com/watch?v=DUuyva15sds

This reminds me of Women quite a bit

Sounds good, shame their album release isn't more like this desu. Too much generic indie folk.

before women there was a band azeda booth, where chris and mike were playing. I think they were as unique as women, but still like women more than any other band, ive listened to
youtube.com/watch?v=kTLpmmcvjF0

these songs pat wrote are better than most women songs
youtube.com/watch?v=4Uw6j7nO8Cc

youtube.com/watch?v=uUBfexhpYQU

youtube.com/watch?v=VVyFtkUfcQE

hey thanks for this, user.

also is this /womencore/??
youtube.com/watch?v=eFEPv8WiFPQ

operation is great, but my top cindy lee would be:
1.Find another man
2.Wandering And Solitude
3.Last Train's Come And Gone
4.Head down
5. Operation

you guys gonna grab the Act of Tenderness reissue in a couple days?

1. Eyesore
2. Lawncare
3. Heat Distraction
4. Shaking Hand
5. Venice Lockjaw

probably

hi pat

i'm working on a time machine to go back to 2010 and pound ur boipussy :3

/womencore/ chart?

Someone posted it before - I think it was called Canadangular.

I'm always looking for more recs like it.

My cuntribution to this thread will be this:
trustpunks.bandcamp.com/

>no Power & Possession
dropped

Boop

I like it, but i have strong connection to this 5 songs. They helped me a lot after we broke up with my first love

Calgary is loaded with Vietnamese people and literally nobody here gave a shit. It was mauve-haired college landwhales who bitched about it.

is there any video of the band breakup on-stage? I read a few articles just now but can't find a video, would be funny to see.

no video afaik, just corroborating anecdotes

> We were just at a show Women were headlining at Lucky Bar in Victoria, BC. As they initially came on stage the band members seemed to be struggling with Patrick [Flegel, guitarist] and a fight almost broke out. They went backstage again for several minutes. The band came out again minus Patrick and were making small talk with the audience. Patrick came out acting really erratic and said something to the effect of "we're breaking up right now, you're all going to see our last show.
> They played about five songs, which sounded pretty awful. At one point Patrick said (into the mic, during a song) "you fucked that up" to Christopher [Reimer, guitarist]. Christopher and Matthew [Flegel, bassist] left the stage at the end of the song. Michael [Wallace, drummer] left after another minute or two or later, saying "my music career is over." Lucky turned the house music on while Patrick continued "playing." Security tried to talk him off stage. He left, and then came back and started smashing Matthew's guitar against an amp. This was all extra comical in Halloween costumes (Mr. T, a sailor).
> Victoria-based singer-songwriter Aidan Knight, who also attended the show, reported a similar situation in an email to Exclaim! "Pat started throwing punches at his brother [Matthew Flegel] during their set-up and soundcheck. Full on 'break it up' brawl between the brothers," Knight wrote. "Chris announced onstage that it would be their 'last show as a band' and they were planning to play without Pat. Not sure how that would've worked.
> Anyway, they played four songs and the band walked off leaving just Pat and Mike. Pat suggested that they play 'sloppy metal' and some random bro jumps up for a three-minute-long version of 'Reign In Blood.' Mike apologizes again and leaves the stage. A guitar gets smashed to pieces. I buy a T-shirt

>psych punk
god-tier

I don't understand a lot of what I'm hearing, but the rhythm-driven tracks are really great.

This just serves as a depressing reminder that Calgary could have a great post-punk scene if 95% of up and coming acts didn't ditch here to run out east.

i thought they ended because some of them died in a car crash. it was an on stage fist fight? lol wtf

chill, bitch

Neither Women nor the albums on this list have such a unique sound. What is it with you people and mistaking revivalism for originality?

Wow, not even a proper fight, just diva-tier drama and scene-making. What sissies.

please list some guitar driven bands from this decade that are doing "genuine originality"

These bands just have a sound we like and are pushing a nice niche

im not the one crying about a name change at every chance i get

Why? I never implied there were any. This decade is shit and your shit taste is to blame

>non_sequitur.exe
Nice try faggot

Is anyone excited for pic related? . I like The Chad Tape even though it is a more Drone than Women/VietCong. I hardly see anyone talk about it.

Telstar Drugs are GOAT

>Telstar Drugs
Damn, there's a band named after that place?

RIP, the drugstore closed years ago though the rooftop neon sign is in a museum now. There's a godtier retro fried chicken place next door to where it used to be.

Holy shit this is great

1. No worth no cost
2. assassination reality
3. find another man
4. quit doing me wrong
5. i've seen his face before

Jock Gang and Cold Pumas are also worthy of being on that list imo
go write some songs

it's cute that albertans are still discovering women and the scene there. I'm in the midwest US. check out crack cloud!

anybody know a good way to get a guitar sound similar to what women have?