Choked

I tried voice calling in Japanese today. Was a wreck. The qt and i have been talking for about 4 months (Since i started). She said my Japanese has rapidly improved and wanted to try a voice call.

Her and i exclusively text in Japanese for the most part. It's not an issue and i rarely mess up while texting. I've made rather fast progress with about 2000 sentence cards in my anki deck. I can read pretty much any article you give me (Unless it's news related) with ease. Of course i'd have to use a dictionary for some words but really grammar isn't an issue, it's just my lack of vocabulary.

Manga and stuff isn't too much of an issue minus the slang either, and because most Manga uses Furigana, it's easy to look up a word.

Anyways, we called and i couldn't understand anything. I could understand snippets which is weird since i can understand about 60% of Japanese TV shows or dramas when using common language. I choked hard, words weren't coming to my head and i ended up apologizing and we ended the call.

She won't message me now. I don't think i wanna do a voice call again until i'm good. Advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0kVPzWadZp9
vocaroo.com/i/s1w0mDP1Xyhw
youtube.com/watch?v=D_oNb9bGhbo
youtube.com/watch?v=kof7n9L9GKg
youtube.com/watch?v=SIM4G-4kBA8
matome.naver.jp/odai/2132782182249744401
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Her and i exclusively text in Japanese for the most part.
>Her

vocaroo.com/i/s0kVPzWadZp9
My mic is fucking crap, I had to talk pretty slow to be even a little bit audible

いい人だね(/・ω・)/

>not doing face-time to show off luscious blonde hair and Nordic features
>apologizing instead of just rambling on about whatever the fuck you want
You fucked up m8

Totally un-chad like, frankly un- American

i feel you
>chinaman i play video games with
>"hey let's do a carr i want to implove my engrish"
>i start speaking with thick french accent
>he doesn't understand shit, apologizes and ends the call
feels bad

FeelsRealBadMan

She is a qt too. 8/10. Called me cute in Engrish before and wanted to get my instagram.

I fucked up. Waiting for her to call me was the wrong choice too, i sat there for 5 minutes like "Fuck oh fuck oh fuck" waiting for her to call me but she was just waiting to call me.

彼はオタクだろ
汚い

Good work for trying, but women are communicative creatures.

If you can't speak, then she won't be interested.

Go to Japan and find Gaijin hunters at bars who have made the effort to learn English. Those sluts require deporting anyhow

Probably talking with another guy now

Where was she from? It might be an accent issue. If she's from Osaka for instance it'S very likely you won't understnad shit.

>Those sluts require deporting anyhow
To the Eurasian Peoples Republic of Northern California.

Stop wasting your time with disgusting Asian women and learning their worthless chinchong language

Fuck off to Africa berber.

vocaroo.com/i/s1w0mDP1Xyhw

She was from Osaka actually. That is funny you guessed, i didn't know that Osaka had an accent.

No wonder, rest of Japan cant understand Osaka. Now she probably embarassed and thinks that her accent is shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=D_oNb9bGhbo

embarrassed*

>4 months of reading manga and watching Japanese shows but doesn't know about glorious kansai-ben

>彼はオタクだろ
>汚い
いいアドバイスをお前にやった。
死ね。

youtube.com/watch?v=kof7n9L9GKg

I unironically fucking detest you normalfags.
Please stop ruining this website. You have every other place on the web to spread your cancer, just leave us the fuck alone.
I hope you die in your sleep.

ジョークなんだよ
Chill nigga

NEVER MIND BOIS WE GOOD. She messaged me and said that her phone was off. She was studying for college shit. She sent a heart. We good.

So you did nothing wrong, it's probably her accent. YOu learned a neutral version of Japanese, or at best a Tokyo accent, something everybody can understand. Osaka is a fucked up accent. It'd be like learning French for years and then calling a rural Quebec dude, the average city guy in Quebec has the presence of mind to talk with a more neutral accent to strangers but most rural folks don't do that because they never needed to.

this t b h

>normalfag
lul, normalfags don't engage in long distance relationships.

a high value male has plenty of options in his vicinity, no need for sexless long distance relationships.

>normalfags

How?

youtube.com/watch?v=SIM4G-4kBA8

Is this supposed to be the American version of Densha Otoko.

普通には「冗談」という

あ、わかった。;)

matome.naver.jp/odai/2132782182249744401

Found this article, you guys are pretty right.

my advice to you, which you won't follow, is accept that you fucked up, accept that you came across as a sperg, and back away from her for a while. put her on "hold" and act as if you have "broken up". explore new options with other women.

if she makes the effort to reinstate contact and chases you, then you have the initiative again. if she doesn't, then she had lost all interest anyway, and you saved yourself a lot of effort and heartache.

but, as you are making such a big deal out of this, my guess is you had already lost anyway by being too overly invested in her, and you will double down on chasing her as she backs away, which confirms in her eyes your low status betaness via your desperation.

Sorry to break it to you but she probably toned down the accent. You need more practice and you need to know how to stall when you don't understand. Its hard I know.

It's just strange. I can understand quite literally everything minus a few words sometimes when her and i text.

I don't know why i couldn't understand her other than the accent :(

You need to get used to the spoken language, it seems. How often do you listen to Japanese music, watched japanese tv, any kind of spoken media really?

Like, I can understand written Spanish quite well because I'm a native Portuguese speaker, but I don't think I could hold an actual conversation in Spanish, as my ears are not used to it. It's the reason why Portunhol exists

>I can understand quite literally everything minus a few words sometimes when her and i text
Becuase written and spoken language is different. She has an accent but probably isn't speaking in dialect, whcih makes it harder. But you just need more listening and speaking practice.