Eternal /trb/

Previous thread: >FM18 info:
fmscout.com/a-what-we-know-about-football-manager-2018.html

>Facepack (scroll down for torrent):
sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/1/cut-out-player-faces

>Real names and German/Japanese NT fix
sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/29149/fm2017-real-names-and-german-national-team-fix-file-beta-v11-for-fm17-beta-20102016

>Logos
fmscout.com/c-fm17-logos.html

>Hairpack
fmscout.com/a-debski-newgen-hairstyles-fm17.html

>Pastebin: FAQ, guides and extras
pastebin.com/qwvspy9X

>Macca's official /trb/ database 2015
pastebin.com/uj27eQhe
>2016
pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/GvvW7J2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for WBs

>Not IWBs
Trashed.

Is this really happening?

I must admit that I don't know what they do.

>88
>90
>90+2
>90+3
fans left early, and so did the goalkeepers

Lahm under Guardiola. Which is pretty lethal in FM17.

don't blink

don't breathe

Is he not good enough for the Irish league yet?
I find that hard to believe

don't touch me you disgusting not-getting-promoted plebeians

the ai always seems to undervalue specialized forwards like that

why is this on Sup Forums and not /vg/?

This is not a game

>Bottom 3 teams scoring 13 goals between them
Really makes you think

that is pretty wild actually, yeah. silkeborg had a huge injury crisis though, which explains one of the three

I'm in EFL 1, should I expand my scouting outside of the UK & Ireland now?

If so, how do I go about that? Where are some good places to look etc.

I want mainly cheap run of the mill players who can stop me from getting relegated.

reee etc etc
why do i always get BTFO by teams on the bottom of the table? Ipswich had won 2 matches in 29 before this one
keep in mind my squad is in first and followed up this performance by beating PSG 6-1 in the champions league
is there something in the game that makes your team implode vs last placed teams?

you'll probably do fine just within UK/ireland, but if you do send scouts outside, you could try focusing on (somewhat) low-rep eastern european EU nations like bulgaria, hungary, slovakia, and maybe czech rep and romania if you have a little more cash. check their u19 and u21 national teams, especially for unattached players. chances are your scouts won't find much on their own, but there's usually few bargains to be found, generally young regens.
germany and france have loads of players, so you might want to send your scouts there, although finding someone really good who'd be willing to go down to that level on low wages is less likely

1. Am not britbong, what does FFP mean?
2. How does SEGA get all those licenses even though EA has bought just about all of them?

FFP means jack shit now, but it's """"supposed"""" to stop big clubs from spending too much.
Also, I think a lot of leagues (notably not Japan or Germany) give licenses to both FIFA and FM

Does any user has experience with using the editor? I'm trying to edit CL/EL qual places but when I load continental rules they're blank and my only option is to write whole competition system from scratch and I don't wanna do that

The CL and EL rules are hard coded and the editor isn't powerful enough to allow you to create stuff like the nation coefficients.

Can I delete CL and EL and create my own competitions which will have a number of teams from leagues which I'll decide? I want to toy around

Probably. I have never tried it but should be possible.

Why do I see so many people still playing FM 2014? Is that the best version of Football Manager?

I've never seen a player's attributes increase as quickly as this guy's. He went from "decent Championship player" to "decent Premier league player" in about 10 months.

>14 goals in 25 games
>Average rating 7.40
>Yet to have even a single injury

Rate my GOAT

Barely scraping 1 in 2 isnt GOAT

Is it possible to make all 4 semifinalists of a competition qualify for another one?

h-he's 18 and its his first season in the first team, any first team.

He has the willpower of the Gods. It'll be fine.
I want you all to remember you doubted him. You'll see. You'll all see.

>These fucking resolutions

Do you all play on a laptop or something?

how do you tell when a player's burnt out? is it when they get all red arrows everywhere?

Is there anyway to increase this fellas determination?

Is a good replacement for my current BBM but it's putting me off

Maybe. I don't know.

Burnout isn't real. It's a joke. Kinda like wingers are shit.

Tutoring.

hes shit anyway

Anyone else sort of miss FMLive? I was just looking through old screenshots and got a little nostalgic

Is he really good enough for National though even if he gets up his determination? He looks more like North material to me.

discord.gg/GvvW7J2

Don't forget to join the discord channel and discuss football, fm, celebs, trainers, phones, trannies, etc with us. No one's an enormous faggot and there's no drama

Laptops are more comfy

>Burnout isn't real. It's a joke. Kinda like wingers are shit.
Burnout is, indeed, real. Won't even comment on the wingshit part...

/trb/ is far older than /vg/ and the mods already accepted these threads on Sup Forums by the time /vg/ was born.

r8 my squad rotation

>havent payed attention to finances in a few months
ask a guy whos about to lose 3 of his best players anything

>15 minutes
Oh ffs

Wingers are shit. It's not a joke.

Are wingers shit, or are the AMR/AML positions shit?

moreso the latter, but both

positions. Extra player on the wing doesn't make much difference, wingbacks can cross the ball without problems on their own

Go to any league and i guarantee you that the two players with the highest average ratings are wingers but according to /trb/ they are shit. How?

>change wingers to attacking midfielders
>change fullbacks to wingbacks
>9 game win streak
I wish it wasn't like this

but muh clean sheets

above

>4-4-2
>1 wide plamaker, 1 winger
>2 cm's, 1 on d on balanced

>32 game streak without losing

Hurr

Leices-terrible!

That hurts to read.

You-nee uh-nspiring?
Uh-nee uh-nspiring?

>notably not Japan or Germany
>Germany

>He doesn't know

>take over a squad that relegated
>selling half my players off since they're all bitching and i want to buy qt yoofs anyway
>every fucking team is asking me to pay half their wages
how about a big fucking no, you're already getting the cunts cheap

>mfw AI managers who are inexplicably good at keeping ball possession no matter their team

I can still beat them but if my attackers have been struggling to score lately then it can be a torturous experience. I have to exhaust my players via extra pressing and it'll risk a late-game fade while they're okay with taking a draw.

Vincenzo Montella always does this, but otherwise there's usually at least one manager in any league who also does it.

Looks like there is some piracy protection in the pirated version.

Actually nevermind, I just waited a bit and tried again.

Xavi did that to me, he turned Cagliari into prime Barca and mugged me right off half a dozen times before getting the sack. I say "prime Barca", but only when he faced me because he never finished top half.

>are the AMR/AML positions shit?
They are. Unless you put a Support duty, they don't track back in defence. Which is incredibly dumb for multiple reasons.

Yeah everyone else seems to know how to beat them but for me its a slog. It's especially annoying if I have to face them in the middle of congested fixtures.

Isn't it supposed to prevent clubs that are running at a large debt to overspend? I dont think the intention ever was to deny spending from big clubs.

wrong

correct

>Isn't it supposed to prevent clubs that are running at a large debt to overspend?
Yup.
>I dont think the intention ever was to deny spending from big clubs.
But that's what the actual end result is: preventing individuals (or states in PSG's case) to invest more than they earn. I prefer France's DNCG 2bh.

Go to the Editor forum on SI's official forum.

>loaning players out in the hopes they get first team football only to be slotted into the loanee's youth teams

i pose a question to the audience

what's the point in players like neymar having £200m or higher release clauses when La Liga is just going to bitch and moan about FFP when someone actually pays them? surely it defeats the purpose of requiring a release clause to register players within the league if they actively don't want them to be triggered?

>Isn't it supposed to prevent clubs that are running at a large debt to overspend?
It's supposed to keep the big clubs big. That's that. UEFA doesn't care about fucking Leeds or any other club that went bankrupt

> when La Liga is just going to bitch and moan about FFP when someone actually pays them?
They only bitched because Neymar's a big name (muh marketing, TV money, etc) and he's moving to a competitor

The point was to prevent people from paying them indeed unless they have absurd amounts of money, which is why Barça and Leliga whine when PSG just did that. Spain should be glad: with the number of clubs that are in debt they have, if they had to go through French DNCG they'd barely have 10 clubs in the top division.

>surely it defeats the purpose of requiring a release
It's obligatory in Spain. They have to have a release clause. In France, you actually can't have a release clause; but I don't remember if it's a thing in FM.

Spanish law requires every worker to be able to buy out his contract as far as I remember

I'll walk you through my favorite way of playing Football Manager 2007.

Ok so there's a lot to cover here so I'll start by saying that yes, I have previously played a game where I used cheats to get trillions of pounds and a stadium with 250,000 seats, yes I have played a team from the Conference South and had them promoted to League Two, yes I've played in the MLS, the Bundesliga, the Premier League, Championship and League One. I've won the SPL with Celtic and turned them into a world-class team. I've played briefly in the A-League (Australia) and I've managed the New Zealand Men's National Team and turned them from a group of obscure amateurs (Rory Fallon aside) into a team of professional footballers playing for teams across Europe. I've done all this and yet...and yes I return always to Barcelona. Now I know what you're thinking: "Oh, because that's *so* hard right?" and I'll just smile and play along before I suddenly adopt a more serious facial expression because, guys, playtime's over. Anyway so what I was trying to tell you before you started giggling and being sarcastic is that I don't purchase any players while managing Barcelona. Nobody? Nope. Not even a youth signing? No way. I rely on my academy to provide 100% of all players I use once the initial players have retired or moved on. I do this while of course trying to remain La Liga champions and strong contenders in the various cups both domestic and international, and also keeping Barcelona B in the LIGA BBVA. It's a great challenge and I recommend it to everyone who still plays FM07 (Football Manager 2007). It forces you to properly tutor and nurture young talent, deciding who gets loaned out and where and which players to emulate and pass on useful skills and traits.

How to win matches?

Git gud.

Score more than you concede

I love it when a regen who you didn't care much for in their first season or two improves so much playing youth football that they eventually become a starter

>send pacebabby out on loan just to get his value up before selling him
>he improves the technical and tactical sides of his game a ton and becomes first choice next season

>This fucker has 152 CA out of 160 PA
You've got to be shitting me.

*blocks your path of progression*

Wait, a full back with decent tekkers?

How much do youngters grow? Because if he doesn't grow he's kind of a manlet

A couple centimetres here and there at the very, absolute best and that's it.

Manlet fullbacks don't matter anyway. They can become world class DMs.

Mister Lahm, what the hell are you doing in Ireland?

weird to think so many footballers are manlets

tfw i'd be head and shoulders above messi yet his achievements will dwarf any of mine

Unless you play a regista in a 4-3-3 and he can't pass for toffee.

16 years old is young enough to retrain passing to 17+

i'm a bit overstocked for DMs 2bh, he'll just play FB for me

>all these BWM
>not one regista or roaming playmaker
that's why you need a fullback at DM

>Thinking FM's recommendations are worth shit
Mister Ribéry, what the hell are you doing in Ireland?

i've never actually used DM's before, i need to try create something with 2 DMs for these lads in future.

we all know if it says he's a BWM it's because he has no vision or passing or first touch whatsoever

alternatively retrain them all to play as CMs or CBs

>7 Marking
>11 Tackling
>9 Positioning
>BWM

hnng

You could use a diamond and let them have turns each week, Keano and Defoe in 2005 style.

once more onto the bandwagon

>mfw I signed this lad for £475 from some Welsh team
looks like he might become bretty good

here we go. it's probably another england winning episode, so don't get excited

Respect your colonial masters, plz.

Also those match ups are preddy gud