Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

The guy looks at least 30, you think he remembers of all the Jedi 20 years before?

Maybe he was raised on a farm?

DARTH VADOO SENPAI

WHAT A FUCKING BADDASSSS

well he insulted him a lil bit

Nowhere in Robert's Rules of Order does it say you're allowed to object to someone via telekinesis choking, so I'd say Vader

Tarkin sems to outrank Vader in this scene

>pfft this force nonsense is not to believed, it's just made up bullshit
>don't you remember order 66? it happened 20 years ago. it served as the foundation of our emperor.
>uhhhhhhhh

He doesn't outrank him in general but the deathstar is essentially Tarkin's ship so he outranks him while they are on the ship.

>Death Star is literally powered by crystals they stole from a Jedi temple
>Hahaha the Force what an old superstition

What did he mean by this?

>Motti, did I ever tell you about the squad of rebels who stole the Death Star plans? One of them was a walking Asian blind monk stereotype who wouldn't fucking shut up about how he was one with the Force. He used his knowledge of the Force to beat up a bunch of stormtroopers and then press a switch that was lying in the middle of an empty beach for some reason before getting fragged by a grenade and then vaporized by the Death Star. He was a good friend.

Now go home and get your fucking shinbox.

>it served as the foundation of our emperor
Does the empire not have a history class at their academy or any reference to the origins of the empire? How would any officer not know where they came from, even if they weren't personally there?

These guys are all in their 40s. They don't need a history class, they should remember it.

It's like a US General today going "the Soviet Union? You crazy old man that was just a myth."

Is this incident something that could be brought up with HR?

>before PT
>cool reveal of vader's badass powers and showing that the force is not widely believed in even in the Empire, which makes sense because after all Luke had never heard of it and Han disregarded it as bullshit.
>after PT
>guy forgets entire basis to the creation of the country he himself helps rule
Fucking bravo Lucas.

Vader has no official military rank, he's a Lord of the Imperial court and Tarkin's just kind of his handler. He doesn't have a lot of pull until he gets his own fleet to hunt the rebellion in Empire.

Sith Lords outrank every non sith.

Vader needs to respect the Imperial Chain of Command and its officers. You trying running an empire by yourself sith scum, oh thats right you can't.

Why the hell was he so dismissive? He would have been alive during the Clone Wars, he would have known about the Jedi, maybe even seen one of them flipping off the walls or doing insane shit with glowsticks. And yet he talks like the Jedi are some legend.

I WAS BRED TO BE A WARRIOR MOTTI TRAINED MY ENTIRE LIFE TO MASTER THE FORCE

WHERE DID YOU TRAIN? ON A FARM?!?

is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

Motti was entirely out of line. Probably born to rich parents, rushed through the best schools, and given a top level position. He didn't know who he was fucking with and didn't care, since he'd always been handed everything.

Moff Jerjerrod was pretty fucking based as well, like in the deleted scenes he tells vader to fuck off and shit. And until Vader mentions Sheev he doesnt really care and just thinks Vader is bitching
>I need more men
>You ask the impossible

nah nah he didn't insult nobody, give us a drink

Why would order 66 is be common knowledge?

Because it's the only reason his job exists. Use your fucking brain you republic goon.

why did the prequels have to ruin everything guys?

Because Sheev used the Jedi Rebellion to declare himself Emperor.

Good fucking lord give this dude a drink he needs it.

>Conan Antonio Motti was a human male who hailed from a wealthy and powerful family in the Outer Rim.

>gee I wonder where all those Jedi vanished...

It's been only 20 years, it's like someone claiming WWII didn't happen in the 60's

Reminds me of nobody knowing who madara and the first and second hokage were even when less than 40 years passed away, dudes who literally shaped the world both metaphorically and literally and nobody even remembers them

Better question what does order 66 have to do with the force?

Gong by the wiki it's even worse, he's the head of the Imperial Navy.

But in this analogy shaolin monks killed Hitler and ended WWII

>he doesn't know about the shaolin monks that stormed the reichstag

lmao

favorite scene in the trilogy desu

You guys are forgetting they've been under a repressive tyranny for 20 years. All historical evidence of the jedi have probably been scrubbed and anyone who still remembers them have a sort of cognitive dissonance going on where even acknowledging their existence seems implausible. Think 1984: 'Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia'.

Literally and unironically who?

t. my head canon

Everyone always says "why does Motti call the force superstition? Didn't he meet actual Jedi?"

Yeah and he saw them get swept aside with little effort during Order 66.

He saw a thousands of years old peace keeping force (which represented the will of the galaxy) get curb stomped by the unrelenting boot of an unstoppable military machine. A machine which finds its pinnacle in the Death Star.

He knows the Force is real, he knows the feats of the Jedi are facts, and he knows that their mystical parlor tricks pales in comparison to the might of galactic subjugation through fear.

That's why he's mocking Vader for his quaint old beliefs. To Motti, it is superstition.

To bad his prickish arrogance made him forget one thing, the Force has a very real effects on individuals and their destiny.

Tl;Dr Motti knows Santa Claus used to be real but saw him get blown up, so he decided to buy his own fucking presents. And then made the mistake of mouthing off to the one guy in the office who still had a little Christmas cheer.

Tarkin is speaking to him as an equal making a request. A withering "As you wish" is not how a subordinate replies to his superior in the Empire.

Definitely Vader. The officer chap shouldn't have said what he said. However, the Death Star is a place of work and to get psychokinetically violent in such a manner should have been an immediate sacking. Sadly the Empire's human resources department are totally lacking a backbone and as such people like Vader run their offices like Norh Korean detention camps.