Whooopsies

Whooopsies

>The total audience for the Sept. 10 prime-time game totaled 21.65 million viewers, down 6.3 percent from the 23.1 million viewers who tuned in to last year’s SNF debut match-up.
>Last year’s SNF ratings were down 16 percent from 2015’s first game.
>The first game of the season, ESPN’s “Thursday Night Football,” was off 11.5 percent from the year earlier’s first game.

nypost.com/2017/09/12/nfl-gets-good-news-and-bad-news-with-sunday-night-football-ratings/

Other urls found in this thread:

fitsnews.com/2017/09/13/nfl-ratings-in-free-fall/
chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-football-concussions-youth-kass-met-0906-20170905-column.html
tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-ratings-delayed-due-to-hurricane-irma/
deadline.com/2017/09/dallas-cowboys-win-sunday-night-football-ratings-nfl-nbc-miss-america-the-orville-nbc-1202166570/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

game was a stinker

stop putting eli in primetime

Maybe because the game was boring as fuck? I stopped watching that shit.

Based Al Michaels though. He is great.

>sometimes, penetration can occur

What was the good news?

The good news is Jewdell is weeping in a corner somewhere

dem boys won

>caring about (((ratings)))
As long as I'm watching, nothing else matters.

lmao at the guy from yesterday, it's not like I didn't told you

>NFL Ratings In Free Fall
fitsnews.com/2017/09/13/nfl-ratings-in-free-fall/

wasn't it the same last year anyway? I remember reading everywhere that the ratings were collapsing and NFL was done

Last year was first year EVER that NFL ratings went down.
Ratings are important to negociate TV deals, that give NFL those sweet $$$, about which Amerifats here boast so much (muh biggest monies).

>prohibitively expensive to watch streaming.
>wonder why less people watch.

Most police officers and thin blue line cucks are boycotting it.

>muh police

go suck a dick faggot

/dead sports/ general?

>"NFL is back!"
>"s-spee is an American board"

Stop bully pls

commercials are out of control, I can't stand watching anymore

maybe have the cowboys play someone besides the fucking giants for a season opener

can you imagine the ratings of a cowboys & patriots opener, holy shit

I bought their game pass and watching a full game over 2 hours without commercials is how I'll be watching from now on. Can't watch it live but it's worth it just to avoid commercials.

Millennials don't care about sports.

not every match can be Cowboys vs. Patriots
You'll have 15 other uninteresting matches who will get abysmal ratings
And without good ratings, no TV money

chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-football-concussions-youth-kass-met-0906-20170905-column.html

maybe because millions of people were watching hurricane coverage instead

Average NFL viewer is 50 years of age. When they retire, they are taking the NFL with them.
It'll be great to have that everyone wins, no fun allowed, large African male worshipping league off the air but I shudder to think that it'll just be replaced by e-sports.

>Europeans are really this salty that real Football is back
Feels good

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

You gotta check and check Sup Forums again Ameribro, because NFL is nowhere to be seen.

There is no game today you retard and there is a /nfl/ general wait until sunday

I rarely watch BET Sports (ESPN), but I doubt e-"sports" are that big

Isn't the real problem all the out-of-market fans pirating? Why can I watch every Browns game live in Europe with GamePass, but not 2 states over? Sunday Ticket is 90% teams I don't care about and channels I don't want.

Read the article you idiots

>The game between the Dallas Cowboys and the New York Giants pulled in an 8.0 rating in the 18- to 49 -year-old demo — up 6 percent from the first SNF game last year, according to preliminary ratings numbers from Nielsen.

This is the money demographic that advertisers actually care about, and numbers are up from last year. This despite Hurricane coverage pulling away fringe viewers.

Here's a neutral TV ratings website that gives you the SNF ratings without an agenda and presents it as more or less decent news for the NFL.

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-ratings-delayed-due-to-hurricane-irma/

Two things
1. These are the unadjusted numbers, the unadjusticed
2. deadline.com/2017/09/dallas-cowboys-win-sunday-night-football-ratings-nfl-nbc-miss-america-the-orville-nbc-1202166570/
>With that in mind, Sunday’s Cowboys-Giants big market matchup is currently up almost 1 million viewers over last year’s SNF start in non-adjusted numbers with an audience of 21.56 million. Those numbers will likely see significant changes when final numbers come in.

New York Post reported the unadjusted number vs Last year's adjusted number. This year's unadjusted number beat last years unadjusted number and the adjusted number this year will be last years.

>our league is on but there are never games
geez I wonder why nobody ever talks about it

yanks can't compete

On Sundays, this board is completely dominated by NFL threads.

"for 16 days per year, this board is completely dominated by NFL threads."
fix'd it for you senpai

Dem Boys Won!

Why do retards even respond to this shit? It's the same French cuck who made these false flag threads last year

Americans have jobs. I know it's a hard concept for yuropoors to grasp.

This. If America put its greatest shitposting talents into Sup Forums Yurotards would have no choice but to bend over and take it. It would be total domination but our best don't care about this activity, unlike 3rd worlders who know nothing else other than squatting all day in online hovels and mocking each other.

>not realizing you just got cucked

t. Consumerist

fuck off roger

last years numbers were shit also

also google "espn fires everyone because they are shit"

What's the streaming numbers? We can do that legally here you know
Actually, my streaming sports package is far cheaper than satellite

The new generation will watch a twitch feed of someone watching the game.

Go back

>no game on
>being shocked at seeing no threads
Wow! It's almost like there is a connection. Get hit by a truck Frenchie.

#triggered

>NFL makes 99% of its profits from working class white people
>every game now begins with a focus on which dindus are kneeling and throwing bananas at the flag
>every sports show is now just a podium for sjw's to denounce white people and shit on America
>games now last 3 hours and night games can go past 1am
>Thursday night football is a thing instead of Saturday night football

The league is heading toward collapse if they don't make some major reversals of its current course, and I'm guessing they won't.

Isn't there a bull you should be prepping?

You guys always boast about HOW much you control this board but even after 3 years that I've been here I've never seen it, besides the odd NFL/NBA/MLB day
inb4 >there are no games
But there are never games??? only sunday? Also isn't NFL season on YET? Why isn't NFL *dominating* Sup Forums right now?
pls explain

The NBA is still popular and it's 99.99% black and full of sjw anti-white america shit. The NFL just needs to expand overseas.

Fucking haram lad.

I hate thin blue line faggots so goddamn much. If I flew a black and white flag of the stars and stripes, I would get shit. They think because they have that gay ass blue line, they're for "the right thing".

Literally virtue signaling cunts

she's a poser who probably didn't even watch the match

Left wing tranny autogynephile spotted

I hope you get killed by the police.

NFL won't expand over seas, because she game just isn't just that good.

American football is like Gaelic football; it'll only ever appeal to people who've been taught to like it. And that's Americans.

>The NFL just needs to expand overseas.
Won't work. They started "international series" but besides the expat attending and novelty it won't have much success on LOCAL TVs

NFL desperatly tries to expand overseas (because it knows it's doomed inland) but is cockblocked
- in Canada (they have Canadian footie)
- in Europe ("football" name is already taken plus we have rugby)
- in China (but President Xi Jinping said it was soccer now so they have little gouvernement support)
- in Nigeria (despite they are poor niggers)
- in Brazil (they don't really care either)
Without even mentioning the timezone, which are already a nightmare for a coast customer when his franchise plays on the other coast

Expansion only could work in Mexico

>thin blue line faggots

Cops are literally people too dumb to get in to the Army.

A lot of ex military personnel get in as well. Doesn't change the fact that they are no better or worse than any of us, simply based on the merit that they sit in a car, staring at a laptop, until their machine beeps and tells them to go stop that guy and make him late for work because he was going 7 over.

Never happened to me, but I live in a very small town with virtually next to no violent crime. These retards just get bored and ruin the lives of the working people.

We should ban all commercials and pay for TV and internet through a tax.

Too bad it won't happen faggot. But you can keep licking boots, I sure as fuck won't

dude I can tell you as someone who has participated in 'e-sports' for at least 12 years now, it's not going anywhere, trust me. It will stay right where it is, but its not going to touch television

NFL slowly dying off will be a good blow to Television in general

Everything needed to be moved online/streamed 7 years ago.

If I was the NFL i'd be pissed pissed about the kneeling crap because it's basically a story the networks are pushing to fill air time, it's seems to be hurting the ratings but if you tell the networks to just stop going up and down the sideline and keep em on who ever is actually singing the anthem the networks would leak it saying the NFL is trying to shut down free speech or some shit

nobody makes money with online/streaming though

Dude, so edgy. Keep on dropping the truth bombs on the plebs

It's lazy Civil Rights nostalgia. No one actually believes it's some legitimate/important movement.

Except Mike Florio maybe

True. I don't know how you solve that problem, advertisements built around breaks are the foundation of football.

Canada would dump their whole CFL if it meant getting a team in Toronto

That's where you're wrong, fool. Skip Bayless is a friend and ally to strong black men in every sport.

That's bad news, though.

man, fuck most cops

NBA players are rockstar celebrities they're global they have personal brands, most NFL players are anonymous Joe Lunch Pail to vast majority of the nation.

hmm...there are 2 million people without power right now in houston and florida...I wonder if that had anything to do with it?

I remember saying at a party like 4 years ago the league was gonna be in trouble cause of the quality of play and concussions. Everyone actually laughed at me and meanwhile they're the ones tuning out.

Fucking normies... they should of believed in my supreme intellect

Remember when guys like AP, MJD or LT ran the league wild for years. Running backs are so fucking useless now since muh concussions muh ACL, teams have new RB1s every other year. They don't last anymore.

they still rule in collegeball, NFL Lines are so athletic and the schemes are so good now your O line has to be special like Dallas or incredibly unique with zone blocking schemes to have an effective back field game in today's NFL.

I was one of them, and on Sunday I couldn't give a shit less about football because I was more worried about my house getting annihilated.

ratings are down because everyone in LA who isn't a Rams or Chargers fan won't want to watch them get blown out every week

That they can't fell any lower?

>"America's team"
>Americans don't watch
Nice team you have there cowshits

All these bullshit flags for unnecessary roughness are a bit much, lads.

how do i short nfl?

Last year it was Trump, this year its the hurricane?

There are always excuses, kneeling, Trump, hurricanes, domestic violence, etc.
What's funny is other American leagues seem unaffected

Haven't seen figures drop like that since 9/11.

Jesus christ, Haruto.

Not true, the black and white flags are quite popular. I know quite a few people with them. They don't catch shit for it. You are just looking for a reason to bitch like the cry baby faggot you are.

as opposed to all those black players saying 'fuck dis anthem fuck dis country give me more millions' or the networks pushing the same shit? nigga every side virtue signals because unfortunately there are faggots in the world who find value in being holier than thou. To blame blue line douches specifically is probably more because some a hole cop had a bad day and fucked you over a little. get over it