/éire/

Future president edition.

First good edition in ages.

moving to Cork in 2018 lads

Literally the worst Taoiseach

I see.

Better than an anime edition.

Real nua.

Éamon de Valera is a model for what young Irish people should aspire to be, I can see why (((they))) drag his name through the mud.

got a job at the fish stall with my mate's mum

The colours even match.

you need locking up you filthy nonce cunt

t.

Pathetic animefaggot.

What's wrong with this thread, Poi?

got turned down from a job when they found out I had less than 500 points in the leaving
feels bad man

That's harsh, you'd think any job looking for academic qualifications would care more about a college degree. Never even heard of anywhere wanting Leaving Cert results before.

What the fuk

>anime

Thanks to Leaving Cert points inflation, knackers and other untermensch are getting higher points meaning they might pass for normal people so you can't blame employers for being more cautious.

Nice stale bait Juniper

Haha jobs that ask for LC are shite. I don't even have my LC on my CV anymore.
It's probably not a good job so it's better off not working at such a sad kip of that's what they're like.

You do see it in online job ads from time to time, makes me laugh.

>put leaving cert on CV
>completely lie about my results
>they never check

If you have a degree they wouldn't care, if you don't then they probably aren't too interested in hiring someone academically competent to begin with.

That's fairly stupid since someone could get over 500 points while barely passing maths and doing no other maths-related subjects.

Hence it says an A or B1 in LC maths AND 500+ points

VERY good edition

Ah, well that's my reading comprehension fucked. Still pointless since it's unlikely your A1's in art and music will come in handy on the job.

It's fairly stupid because the level 8 qualification should completely trump the LC
>erra your thesis on functional analysis was nice but you only got a B3 when you were 17 sorry

It also says a level 8 honours with "significant mathematical content; AND"

If you've a level 8 honours with a heavy maths component why the bollocks would you need a B1 in higher maths with 500 points in the leaving?

That's just fucking dopey.

>talking about Leaving Cert results
Showing your age, lads.

Two people get a Level 8 maths degree. One has a better LC than the other. Who do you employ? It's just another metric to differentiate potential candidates for employment which is needed in a country like Ireland that has too many graduates seeking employment, especially in technical fields such as STEM

I'm 25.

We were talking about how stupid it is for jobs to care about it.

I only talk about it to relate to all the young people here.

how common are american cars in ireland?

It's a pretty bad metric to differentiate graduates, even assuming that you want to minimize the number of interviewees. Their transcripts, skillset and other misc shit on their CV would better distinguish candidates than their Leaving Cert results. I'd go as far to say it's a red flag if they're basing their hiring process off LC results.

goooin to the chapel and we're
gooona get maaarried

Fords are very common, everything else is very uncommon.

Ford is about the only brand that's common, though you do see the occasional Chrysler.

Chryslers are no longer sold in Europe (with the exception of the UK), so you won't see any new ones.

You do see the occasional new Jeep around though.

im thinking diesel is the field i want to go into
its where the money is and even if personal cars become economically unfeasible, shit like tractors and trucks will last longer as the functioning of modern society depends on them
cool
even here american brands are kind of a minority.

>president

fuck off yank

Didn't know that.

While we're on the topic of cars, what do people think about Jaguar? They're apparently Indian-owned since the crash, but now they look different in my eyes than the older Jaguars, unlike brands like Mercedes or BMW whose new models look like the old ones more than they don't.

What's he up to now?

We have a president, it's a literal meme job though.

>not knowing we have a president

More like a retirement job for old politicians. It was easier to replace the duties of the monarch with an elected office.

>im thinking diesel is the field i want to go into
Bad time to be getting into that.

>what do people think about Jaguar?
Great cards to drive, arguably even better than BMWs. Very refined, but not as powerful, economical, or as competitively priced as some of its traditional German rivals. The interiors are a bit odd in them too.

>They're apparently Indian-owned since the crash
JLR (Jaguar Land Rover) is owned by Tata and has undergone a massive revolution in the past 10 years thanks to the Indian money.

it should legitimately be illegal to become president without fluency in Irish

Why are ford interiors so shit?

On the new ones there are too many buttons and a very high dashboard make the interior feel a lot more cramped than it actually is. The old ones were just incredibly bland.

>It was easier to replace the duties of the monarch with an elected office.
"Duties of the monarch" is a meme, West Brit thinking. They do nothing over there but put on a show to keep the lies beneath the surface from drawing too much attention.

It should be illegal to vote without fluency in Irish.

>has undergone a massive revolution in the past 10 years thanks to the Indian money.
Is it for the good, though? The new cars don't really look like they used to.

Was actually thinking something like this should be implemented. You couldn't get away with something as severe as "only Irish can be spoken in the Dáil".
Then again there'll always be a way for someone to cheat it.

Want to bate the dick but the cousins from England are over and in the next room, don't want them hearing my massive tallywacker letting loose with a roar.

What do?

Higgins is fluent in Irish isn't it?

How do you stay up on developments in cars?

>Is it for the good, though?
Whether it's good or not is debatable, but it was definitely necessary for the brand to survive.

>You couldn't get away with something as severe as "only Irish can be spoken in the Dáil".
If would keep out the Lefties though.

Online publications. I used to buy car magazines back in the day until I transitioned to following the industry fully online.

>If would keep out the Lefties though.
Most of the Gaeilgeoirí I've come across have been left-wing retards as well though.

>If would keep out the Lefties though.
>implying lefties aren't better at Irish

Poor Gerry will never be president then

The leader of FG can't even speak Irish, he was only learning it recently

If you exclude SF, I don't think any of the proper Lefties in the Dáil can speak Irish.

Auld Enda could though. FF Taoisigh have the best record for being fluent though.

Hardly anyone can speak fluent Irish on any side of the spectrum, I don't think you appreciate how rare it is to find a fluent speaker nowadays.

>You couldn't get away with
Who cares what you'd "get away with"? "Get away with" means "what they would allow". You haven't changed anything if that's what you're doing.

>but it was definitely necessary for the brand to survive.
It died and came back, but whether or not it can be said to have "survived", is irrelevant to the question of whether the new Jaguar is good compared to the old Jaguar, which I would like to hear what people's opinions on are.

Most "Gaeilgeoirí" outside the Gaeltacht are teacher's pet types who fit the school environment. And even then their Irish is shit compared to the Gaeltacht's standard of Irish.

Truth be told, other than making the army an effective Irish-only institution (and not the half-measure of Gaelschoils) and implementing conscription, the best chance for Gaeilge to resurge would have been to do everything possible to keep the Gaeltacht people from emigrating post-"""Independence""", and tip the scales in their favour, but of course the west stayed poor in the "new order"!

Mayo v Kerry
Dublin v Tyrone

Who do we reckon lads? I'm sat in upper cusack next weekend

Should be two good games but I think this is definitely Mayos year.

>mfw they get the Dubs in the final and lose again

I dont follow bogball because I'm not a blithering mucksavage

Probably Dublin though

>Being more British than the Brit
Impressive

>It died and came back
jaguar never died as a brand.

>which I would like to hear what people's opinions on are.
I gave my opinion here: I have driven both the XE and XF for what it's worth.

>I dont follow bogball because I'm not a blithering mucksavage
I suppose you follow the English game?

Not before a draw and a missed injury time free kick to level in the replay no doubt.

Dubs should be euthanised desu. Traitors.

was at kew gardens today lads, well worth a visit.

>I gave my opinion here
On Jaguar in general, but what about post-Tata Jaguar versus pre-Tata?

On the topic of interiors, what is odd about Jaguar, and which car and car maker has the best interiors?

If I say soccer will you die?

>but what about post-Tata Jaguar versus pre-Tata?
I never drove any of the pre-Tata Jags, but they had a reputation for being heavy, thirsty, but exceptionally comfortable.

>what is odd about Jaguar interiors
Hard to put into words, but it doesn't feel very intuitively laid out and it's not hard to find sub-par materials that you wouldn't find in a BMW or Mercedes interior. I also don't like the touch screen - iDrive style controls are far easier to use while driving.

>calling it soccer
Only Americans do this. Irish people say Gaelic when referring to Gaelic Football and use football for soccer except for culchies with inferiority complexes trying to make a point

>and which car and car maker has the best interiors?
Forgot to answer this bit; In the premium car market, it's a toss-up between the big 3 German brands. They all have similar build quality, but one's verdict will depend on what you look for in an interior. I've always preferred the BMW interiors. The Audi interiors tend to be a bit bland and Merc's feel cramped compared to the other two.

Look on the RTE sport website and tell me what you see for the sport names.

>Only Americans do this
> Irish people say Gaelic when referring to Gaelic Football
>use football for soccer except for culchies with inferiority complexes trying to make a point
t. Dub speaking on behalf of real Irish people.

>West Britons
>Irish

it's legitimately only jackeens who get annoyed about the word soccer, the two are used interchangeably up and down the country depending on the context

Yes I know the media use the term soccer. I'm talking about the average person. Everyone I know uses the terms football and Gaelic

I'm not from Dublin though. It's almost as if the rest of Ireland also uses these terms too

Motion to rename soccer Saxonball to get rid of any confusion.

You're from Dublin's colonies in Meath or Kildare, shurrup t'fuck ye tick.

Cannot understand anyone that prefers sacar to Gaelic football. It's the most boring fucking sport to ever exist.

You clearly live in Dublin or the surrounding area then. Virtually everyone I know says soccer, it'd become very confusing otherwise.

>gay lick foot balls
sounds incredibly bent

In Gaelic you literally just have to be tall and fit. There is less room to differentiate yourself with skill like in football which also caters to more builds. Football is also more versatile in tactics and has a better fan culture (well outside of barstoolfags) than what you would get in the GAA. I like Gaelic and would watch it on a Sunday in the summer but football is clearly the superior sport

>Everyone I know uses the terms football and Gaelic
You and your immediate family aren't a great sample size in fairness

A lot of redditors here lately.

You don't really have to be tall unless you're in certain positions and even then the days of the long kick out seem to be gone. You don't see small centre backs or goalkeepers in soccer either.
There's no soccer fan culture of note in this country other than bandwagoning abroad for a major tournament every few years.

Why are you comparing Football to Football? Did you perhaps mean "Soccer"?

Also, West Brits out!

Nah, it's just that one Soccerfag.

>I never drove any of the pre-Tata Jags, but they had a reputation for being heavy, thirsty, but exceptionally comfortable.
I always thought they had an impressive aesthetic. A bit like they captured the aesthetic of the English super-luxury car brands in a relatively mass market format.
I saw the new Jag on the road a while back and I thought it was a Lexus at first, it looked so bland.

To watch, it's definitely slower paced. But a good game is like a fine wine. And in terms of tactics it's arguably a deeper game because there's less of an ability to get the ball and for the ball to travel through brute strength.
That said, there is a tendency for premier league games and the like to become lopsided, given how they're not tied to locality and it's often third world kleptocrats buying players who have every advantage in terms of genetics and training.

american football should be referred to as gridiron internationally tb h

7 and a 1/2 more years mother fuckers.

f*ck off cheeto hitler

3 and a 1/2 ackshully.
Then the reign of cyber-lord Zucc begins.

BE GONE BRIT